• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What are you currently Reading?!?!( recommendation, review, etc)

F

figsfiggyfigs

Hey guys

So I figured it would be really interesting to find out what all NT's out there are currently reading.:reading:

Post current/ultimate/and initial reviews of the books you are reading or have read.

We can also all discuss the books among each other. :nerd:

Be sure to apply Spoiler tags as well

Supply Title, and Author name.

Please Rate your book <rating>/10 Stars!!

Hope you enjoy this thread!!

//I made this thread yesterday and the database erased it :(

Let the discussion began!!! :hi:

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Surely you are joking, Mr. Feynman by Richard P. Feynman
9.5/10- one of the most self-resonating books i've ever read

also, The Importance of Being Earnest from Oscar Wilde
9/10- pure genius

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The 50th Law - Robert Greene 8/10 Mix of the 48 Laws of Power and a biography of the life of 50 cent written by a white INTJ. Very unusual book but quiet interesting, especially the synopses of various black historical figures effective use of strategy/tactics in adverse circumstances...especially the tactic/stance of fearlessness/boldness.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
Surely you are joking, Mr. Feynman by Richard P. Feynman
9.5/10- one of the most self-resonating books i've ever read

I read this just after college and really liked it and understood a lot of the personal stuff in it. I gave it to my roommate to read (we didn't really get along) and she HATED it, thought Feynman was "too full of himself" (I retorted that it was ok because he was fairly awesome) and the stories boring... she was a feel-y type...

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh just got some new books i have started to read.....

The Romanovs-Lindsey Hughes

In the minds eye-Thomas G.West (iv'e to thanks a fellow forum member for this recommendation)
And
Stalin (The Court Of The Red Tsar)-Simon Sebag Montefiore

Woops, not an NT

Last edited:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Title: The Holy Bible
Author: numerous individuals inspired and commissioned by Almighty God
Rating: actual reading of it ranges between 1/10 and 10/10, but the results that come from actual implementation of its concepts are, hands down, 10/10.

Synopsis: authors seem to state that anyone who believes what the book says and then actually does it will be truly satisfied and fulfilled both now and forever, despite the annoying hassles and trials that life continually throws our way. Authors imply that there is plenty of room for mistakes to be made in the implementation process. The message also comes across very clearly that the book is for everyone - whether you are the most intelligent coolest dude currently walking the planet, just a regular nobody, or a huge loser (with a big L on your forehead).

Spoiler Alert:

Everything in the book ends up happening. Many of the things already have, some are still to come. Some people have said it's a scary ending but, again, the authors state that if the book is consistently read and implemented, then the results are nothing but good.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
G. Gordon Liddy’s The Monkey Handlers, only to page 77 as of yet. So far so good, starting to see where his view against animal testing may have come from.

capricorn009

Currently reading Eclipse, lol. Recently read Wicked, Son Of A Witch, A Lion Among Men, and flipped through parts of Les Miserables for the hundredth time
to double check how well the anime followed.

I see why Wicked is one of my favorite books, I used to be idealistic and believe
that pretty much everyone was good natured if not it was a rare thing...until I got older and I realized people try to silence who expresses independence of th
ought or tests ideas to see if they work. Sometimes I think it was better when
I didn't know but know some good things wouldn't be the way they are now I g
uess

ENTJ

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know how it works for you guys, but I have to read a number of books simultaneously. Not so much that I have to, but I end up doing so every time.

So my current parallel reading list is:

The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss
Extraordinary Fantasy Novel which got me really hooked from the first page. Won't touch another of my list before finishing this.

Der Steppenwolf - Hermann Hesse
Entropie mentioned it in some thread saying that the protagonist Harry Haller was the archetype ENTP, so I had to read that. Halfway through now.

The third book of the Odd Thomas series - Dean Koontz
I forgot the name of that. The first two books started so promising, stuck at 100 pages to finish.

Linchpin - Seth Godin
Awesome book - highly recommended to anyone. 3/4th done.

Google Adwords - Alexander Beck
Some Business stuff - halfway through.

Small Stakes Poker - Edward Miller, David Sklansky, Mason Malmuth
Ah well I lost my interest in Poker around two years ago, this is still sitting on my desk...

On my rereading list:
4 hour work week - Tim Ferris
I just have to get my ass of the ground to make this work...

Poor Dad, rich Dad
More motivational stuff to focus on my business.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
The Aryan Nation by annoymonous
Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler
The Alphabet of Manlinessby Maddox

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
On my rereading list:
4 hour work week - Tim Ferris
I just have to get my ass of the ground to make this work...

Ha ha. Good little read. Some really interesting ideas in there. But, come on dude, people don't exist just to make your life better and easier. Maybe that's my "F" side kicking in but, if I remember correctly, he seemed to give off an aura like, "just outsource the stupid work overseas so that you can go on another ski vacation." I remember thinking, "well yessss, but......also no!"

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Currently reading the Borne Identity. Different from the film in many minor ways, not read enough to rate it yet, but it's well written and worth the read from what I've read so far.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Currently reading the Bourne Identity. Different from the film in many minor ways, not read enough to rate it yet, but it's well written and worth the read from what I've read so far.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But, come on dude, people don't exist just to make your life better and easier.

Isn't this how every corporation works?
The owner just chills while the money rolls in and other people are happy working for him because they have a job that pays the bills. The main message of 4HWW and PDRD is in the end, you just have to choose which side you want to be on. It is mainly about the mindset and stopping to trade your time for money.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Isn't this how every corporation works?
The owner just chills while the money rolls in and other people are happy working for him because they have a job that pays the bills. The main message of 4HWW and PDRD is in the end, you just have to choose which side you want to be on. It is mainly about the mindset and stopping to trade your time for money.

Hmmm. Well, it does work like this sometimes I suppose. You can be a capitalist or you can be a provider of labor. I see the distinction. But, this may sound strange coming from a THINKER :shock:, but I wanted the author to see people more as people rather than just commodities for his gain. I mean, maybe that's the kind of thinking that a lot of corporate bigwigs have, but just because you can treat people like that and make millions, doesn't mean that you should. It also doesn't mean that you can't make millions while treating people right. I myself want to be on the capitalist side of things, but I also have my own idea of how to do that ethically. I'm not saying that he is unethical (I've never met the guy and I wouldn't come to that conclusion without spending some time with him), but at some point the book started to go from "dynamic ideas" to "big machine pumping out products while author is on ski slopes". That's not dynamic to me. That's robotic and, well, kind of selfish. Just doing what is necessary to get back out on the slopes. It reminds me a bit of my signature (see below). I really did enjoy the book, but I expected more of him in terms of "taking care of his people" and stuff like that.

The owner just chills while the money rolls in
I also think this happens way less often than most people think. 90% of the people "rolling it in" are not "chilling" - they're the most hard working people you'll find. Sitting in the Bahamas sipping on a mai tai with an umbrella in it is a pipe dream. They have the finances to do it if they wanted to, but that's not the kind of approach that got them where they are in the first place. They work hard and play hard, but these people usually aren't as lazy as I am.

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
all families are psychotic - Douglas Coupland

So far its pretty damn good and funny.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Buddha by Karen Armstrong
Beethoven: His spiritual development by J. W. N. Sullivan
A book of ancient Mesopotamian epic poetry