User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you currently Reading?!?!( recommendation, review, etc)

Cool What are you currently Reading?!?!( recommendation, review, etc)

Hey guys

So I figured it would be really interesting to find out what all NT's out there are currently reading.

Post current/ultimate/and initial reviews of the books you are reading or have read.

We can also all discuss the books among each other.

Be sure to apply Spoiler tags as well

Supply Title, and Author name.

Please Rate your book <rating>/10 Stars!!

Hope you enjoy this thread!!

//I made this thread yesterday and the database erased it

Let the discussion began!!!

Senior Member Array

Surely you are joking, Mr. Feynman by Richard P. Feynman
    9.5/10- one of the most self-resonating books i've ever read

also, The Importance of Being Earnest from Oscar Wilde
    9/10- pure genius

Ghost Monkey Soul Array Vizconde's Avatar

The 50th Law - Robert Greene 8/10 Mix of the 48 Laws of Power and a biography of the life of 50 cent written by a white INTJ. Very unusual book but quiet interesting, especially the synopses of various black historical figures effective use of strategy/tactics in adverse circumstances...especially the tactic/stance of fearlessness/boldness.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

5w4 sx

Rick Strassman: DMT the spirit molecule

I just started it yesterday so i cant say if its really good or not, but it seems fascinating

heres a review for the book
    DMT: THE SPIRIT MOLECULE - Rick Strassman MD | TDG - Science, Magick, Myth and History

9 sx

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    Surely you are joking, Mr. Feynman by Richard P. Feynman
    9.5/10- one of the most self-resonating books i've ever read

I read this just after college and really liked it and understood a lot of the personal stuff in it. I gave it to my roommate to read (we didn't really get along) and she HATED it, thought Feynman was "too full of himself" (I retorted that it was ok because he was fairly awesome) and the stories boring... she was a feel-y type...
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    7W6 sp/sx

Oh just got some new books i have started to read.....

The Romanovs-Lindsey Hughes

In the minds eye-Thomas G.West (iv'e to thanks a fellow forum member for this recommendation)
    Stalin (The Court Of The Red Tsar)-Simon Sebag Montefiore

Woops, not an NT
    Last edited by HelenOfTroy; 04-13-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Obvious
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Title: The Holy Bible
    Author: numerous individuals inspired and commissioned by Almighty God
    Rating: actual reading of it ranges between 1/10 and 10/10, but the results that come from actual implementation of its concepts are, hands down, 10/10.

Synopsis: authors seem to state that anyone who believes what the book says and then actually does it will be truly satisfied and fulfilled both now and forever, despite the annoying hassles and trials that life continually throws our way. Authors imply that there is plenty of room for mistakes to be made in the implementation process. The message also comes across very clearly that the book is for everyone - whether you are the most intelligent coolest dude currently walking the planet, just a regular nobody, or a huge loser (with a big L on your forehead).

Spoiler Alert:

Everything in the book ends up happening. Many of the things already have, some are still to come. Some people have said it's a scary ending but, again, the authors state that if the book is consistently read and implemented, then the results are nothing but good.

9w1 so/sp

G. Gordon Liddy’s The Monkey Handlers, only to page 77 as of yet. So far so good, starting to see where his view against animal testing may have come from.

Currently reading Eclipse, lol. Recently read Wicked, Son Of A Witch, A Lion Among Men, and flipped through parts of Les Miserables for the hundredth time
    to double check how well the anime followed.

I see why Wicked is one of my favorite books, I used to be idealistic and believe
    that pretty much everyone was good natured if not it was a rare thing...until I got older and I realized people try to silence who expresses independence of th
    ought or tests ideas to see if they work. Sometimes I think it was better when
    I didn't know but know some good things wouldn't be the way they are now I g

7w6 so/sx

I don't know how it works for you guys, but I have to read a number of books simultaneously. Not so much that I have to, but I end up doing so every time.

So my current parallel reading list is:

The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss
    Extraordinary Fantasy Novel which got me really hooked from the first page. Won't touch another of my list before finishing this.

Der Steppenwolf - Hermann Hesse
    Entropie mentioned it in some thread saying that the protagonist Harry Haller was the archetype ENTP, so I had to read that. Halfway through now.

The third book of the Odd Thomas series - Dean Koontz
    I forgot the name of that. The first two books started so promising, stuck at 100 pages to finish.

Linchpin - Seth Godin
    Awesome book - highly recommended to anyone. 3/4th done.

Google Adwords - Alexander Beck
    Some Business stuff - halfway through.

Small Stakes Poker - Edward Miller, David Sklansky, Mason Malmuth
    Ah well I lost my interest in Poker around two years ago, this is still sitting on my desk...

On my rereading list:
    4 hour work week - Tim Ferris
    I just have to get my ass of the ground to make this work...

Poor Dad, rich Dad
    More motivational stuff to focus on my business.
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett