INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I take offense to that.
    Which part?

If you're an intelligent INTJ then you're an intelligent INTJ. It doesn't mean they all are. Same with INFPs. If one is a continual stream of bunnies and rainbows and sunshine it doesn't mean we all are.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Type has nothing to do with an individual's personal political philosophy (what alliteration) or intelligence.
    Type is statistically correlated with both. My guess is it tangentially influences political orientation, and in turn is influenced by intelligence.

On not all INTJs being intelligent, so far evidence shows they all are. INTJ is the highest-ranked type for IQ, and two-thirds of Americans above two standard deviations (126 IQ points) are INTJ. I have not myself met an INTJ not of above-average intelligence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ

Which part?

If you're an intelligent INTJ then you're an intelligent INTJ. It doesn't mean they all are. Same with INFPs. If one is a continual stream of bunnies and rainbows and sunshine it doesn't mean we all are.
    Oh wait, sorry. I misread your post. I thought you said that the most intelligent INTJs being self serving hypocritical bastards was the norm.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Type is statistically correlated with both. My guess is it tangentially influences political orientation, and in turn is influenced by intelligence.

On not all INTJs being intelligent, so far evidence shows they all are. INTJ is the highest-ranked type for IQ, and two-thirds of Americans above two standard deviations (126 IQ points) are INTJ. I have not myself met an INTJ not of above-average intelligence.
    Really? I didn't think there was any substantive or empirical evidence that could properly support most typological claims in correlating, say, type and intelligence or type and cultural impact or type and predisposition to certain medical conditions, etc. What statistics are you referring to, exactly? I'm curious.

Also, I believe in quantitative intelligence about as much as I believe in unicorns*.

*I realize that I may have to eat my words for making such a facetious statement. Especially in the NT Rationale.

MBTI
    INTJ

Really? I didn't think there was any substantive or empirical evidence that could properly support most typological claims in correlating, say, type and intelligence or type and cultural impact or type and predisposition to certain medical conditions, etc. What statistics are you referring to, exactly? I'm curious.

Also, I believe in quantitative intelligence about as much as I believe in unicorns*.

*I realize that I may have to eat my words for making such a facetious statement. Especially in the NT Rationale.
    I myself have read stuff about this, and while I don't think it's "you are this type so you must be so and so intelligent" there are trends. Apparently the mots important thing is Intuition over perceiving, then Introversion over extroversion and Thinking over feeling, then judging over percieving. While these may not actually be base determinants of ones intelligence (except maybe intuition because it is all about generating thoughts, noticing patterns and abstract thinking) they do contribute to a tendency to plan and think logically to help in the learning process. This is just from what I've read on other parts of this forum, so some info could just be opinion, but it seems to make sense.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Intelligence and Jung types

This one contains the raw data, but it isn't available to the public.

On politics and MBTI I don't know if there's been a formal study on the subject, but I did do some casual research on it on a political forum I frequent. Found a strong correlation between T/F and left/right, but no particular correlation otherwise, and of particular interest I found no correlation between the left/right balance and MBTI/IQ flow, which means politics probably aren't affected by intelligence.

On the correlation between MBTI and mental disease, I couldn't find the studies at the moment, but I know some have been made. Off the top of my head I could tell you that NTs are most likely to develop Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Rest assured, intelligence is real, and it is quantifiable. If you don't believe me, try explaining the technical aspects of entanglement theory to, say, your average McDonald's employee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ

Can an INTJ not doubt themselves?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    Can an INTJ not doubt themselves?
    this!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Intelligence and Jung types

[URL="http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=14531784"]On the correlation between MBTI and mental disease, I couldn't find the studies at the moment, but I know some have been made. Off the top of my head I could tell you that NTs are most likely to develop Antisocial Personality Disorder.
    Aspergers mostly for IT.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    When it comes to things they've prepared for and done their homework on, they are extremely confident, but when they're in an uncomfortable/unfamiliar situation they tend to use silence to their advantage. They're not going to let you know how much they do or don't know about the situation, and they know that this often leads people to assume they know a lot more than they do...which they can use to their advantage, of course.

So INTJs are often not as confident as they seem; they just choose not to reveal it when they don't know what's going on.
    Well stated, as is the above message 14 by JWill. The big exception for me is an explicit learning situation. I will readily admit my ignorance to someone in a position to teach me something I wish to learn. I do, however, try to avoid situations that are both uncomfortable/unfamiliar and of no use or interest to me. This seems to maximize efficiency while minimizing stress.