User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Pride goes before a fall. Confidence is good. Overconfidence is not. It is a balance. Personally, I always have doubts. That's what the contingencies are for and the excessive effort to think forward on the things that might go wrong so you can plan to avoid them.

Hubris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a strong will, independence and confidence with an INTJ usually. This can also go horribly wrong. Jeffrey Skilling at Enron was probably an INTJ. A more recent example might be Greenspan and deregulation.
    Greenspan is absolutely an INTJ, as was his mentor Ayn Rand. The problem with AG wasn't INTJ hubris however, or deregulation, but that he (warning: political philosophy ahead) was manning a system--central banking--that is inherently designed to produce booms and busts...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Greenspan is absolutely an INTJ, as was his mentor Ayn Rand. The problem with AG wasn't INTJ hubris however, or deregulation, but that he (warning: political philosophy ahead) was manning a system--central banking--that is inherently designed to produce booms and busts...
    Not wishing to get off topic but was Ayn Raynd actually Greenspan's mentor?

I find it hard to believe that anyone with AR as a mentor would ever actually be employed by any government anywhere on earth.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Not wishing to get off topic but was Ayn Raynd actually Greenspan's mentor?

I find it hard to believe that anyone with AR as a mentor would ever actually be employed by any government anywhere on earth.
    Yes, Ayn loved AG. It is supremely ironic that AG would end up running the Fed; it's like someone training arduously to be a Rabbi for many years and then running off to head the Third Reich...

Alan Greenspan and the Death of Ayn Rand

Alan Greenspan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Who else here thinks Greenspan plowed Ayn Rand?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

I'm not sure. Same with ENTJs and the power thing, it seems that some either want power and control of everything, while some simply have power thrust upon them. I
    was always considered intellectual and imaginative but my ability to trust my instincts
    and go with intuition to learn new skills made me realize being an independent thinker
    was a power in its own. Why I resent power because eventually realizing you don't
    have to be submissive can cause people to turn on you.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Pride goes before a fall. Confidence is good. Overconfidence is not. It is a balance. Personally, I always have doubts. That's what the contingencies are for and the excessive effort to think forward on the things that might go wrong so you can plan to avoid them.

Hubris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a strong will, independence and confidence with an INTJ usually. This can also go horribly wrong. Jeffrey Skilling at Enron was probably an INTJ. A more recent example might be Greenspan and deregulation.
    If Alan Greenspan is an INTJ, he definitely disappoints me. To be so fucking narrow-mindedly obsessed with free market ideology does not seem very worthy of INTJhood, in my opinion. I was a college fucking econ student and I knew his (and the Republican's, in general) borderline obsessive faith in free markets was leading us into disaster. I would like to blame it on Ti and him being an INTP, but I'm really not sure if that's the case. Most everywhere you see him labeled as an INTJ.

As for Schilling -- I was reasonably young when it happened, and the vast majority of my knowledge about him came from that documentary "The Smartest Guys In The Room", so I'm a bit ignorant. I mostly remember his rant about Social Darwinism and how he and his minions were superior to all the "idiots" not working at his firm. Very well could be a retarded INTJ...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    If Alan Greenspan is an INTJ, he definitely disappoints me. To be so fucking narrow-mindedly obsessed with free market ideology does not seem very worthy of INTJhood, in my opinion. I was a college fucking econ student and I knew his (and the Republican's, in general) borderline obsessive faith in free markets was leading us into disaster. I would like to blame it on Ti and him being an INTP, but I'm really not sure if that's the case. Most everywhere you see him labeled as an INTJ.

As for Schilling -- I was reasonably young when it happened, and the vast majority of my knowledge about him came from that documentary "The Smartest Guys In The Room", so I'm a bit ignorant. I mostly remember his rant about Social Darwinism and how he and his minions were superior to all the "idiots" not working at his firm. Very well could be a retarded INTJ...
    Well I have no idea who this guy is so don't shoot me, but if he's similar to an INTJ, but is narrow minded and putting faith in something illogically, could he be an INFJ? With a strong J?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I thought Ayn Rand is a clear INTJ? All the INTJs I know worships her, absolutely worships her.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I know at least one INTJ who thinks (correctly I might add) that she was retarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

An INTJ told me to read one of her books - good writing skills - the content annoyed me...a lot. She could be ENTJ...possibly...