User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    if you are an INTJ you are always confident in your ability, able to keep at something
    A large part of the above is because of the below.

and never second guess themselves. But I do a lot.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

INTJs are introspective perfectionists, so I would think they second-guess themselves all the time. I have an INTJ friend who does second-guess himself often.

The type least likely to second-guess themselves are probably ESTPs, followed by ENTPs. I for one am most likely to hold an attitude of invincibility, unless experience has bitch-slapped me repeatedly. I do however have a tendency to become nervous and wonder if I chose wrong when I have to make a decision and commit to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Pride goes before a fall. Confidence is good. Overconfidence is not. It is a balance. Personally, I always have doubts. That's what the contingencies are for and the excessive effort to think forward on the things that might go wrong so you can plan to avoid them.

Hubris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a strong will, independence and confidence with an INTJ usually. This can also go horribly wrong. Jeffrey Skilling at Enron was probably an INTJ. A more recent example might be Greenspan and deregulation.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ

The key thing about INTJs is that they know what they know and know what they don't know. If I am working in a field that I know a lot about, I very rarely second-guess myself. When I was younger and more socially immature, I second-guessed my relationships and social interactions all the time. Eventually, it got so taxing that I just...stopped. Maybe I put up a mental block about second-guessing social stuff because I got so sick of it...

But no, generally I don't do a lot of self-doubting. I've tried to find ways of coping with the few areas of my personality that I tend to over-criticize. But then, unlike some of the posters on this thread, I'm usually not that hard on myself. It would be like constantly criticizing my best friend. I can't stand putting myself down too often.

I consistently score INTJ, and I match the description mostly, but from that description and others it seems if you are an INTJ you are always confident in your ability, able to keep at something and never second guess themselves. But I do a lot. i have social anxiety and often feel down about my own ability to achieve both socially and academically, and I sometimes have so little motivation to do anything. Is this normal or at least an occasional occurence for an INTJ? All the INTJs on here seem a lot mentally stronger than me.
    INTJs "doubt," yes. But more than "doubting," INTJs can be some of the most self-critical, self-flagellating souls around. This is where an INFP comes in hand as an emotional fluffer

Here's INTJ David Letterman interviewed by INFJ Charlie Rose:

Charlie Rose - An interview with David Letterman

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

If anybody can honestly say that he/she hasn't had any doubt then I recommend that person to check his/her pulse because he/she might as well be a robot...

oh wait...
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    The type least likely to second-guess themselves are probably ESTPs, followed by ENTPs.
    ... followed by ISTPs, you mean.

ETA: Letterman is ENTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

In some ways Ni doms doubt themselves (and everything) more than any other types.

INTJs are very good at showing a strong, confident exterior--in fact, they want you to think they rarely (if ever) doubt themselves. They like having that image.

When it comes to things they've prepared for and done their homework on, they are extremely confident, but when they're in an uncomfortable/unfamiliar situation they tend to use silence to their advantage. They're not going to let you know how much they do or don't know about the situation, and they know that this often leads people to assume they know a lot more than they do...which they can use to their advantage, of course.

So INTJs are often not as confident as they seem; they just choose not to reveal it when they don't know what's going on.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Maybe... ENTPs are up there, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post

ETA: Letterman is ENTJ.
    You have not done your research. DL is a self-defined recluse when not onstage.