• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Man explaining 'The Mastermind' profile.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The man is supposedly an INTJ and therefore the whole thread was created on the assumption that he is an INTJ. Hopefully the purpose of the thread will still move on.

Similar to the other thread I made a while back, I found a pleasant video that might give another perception of an INTJ.
This is to help shred a few false stereotypical ideas that some people may have of an INTJ.
[YOUTUBE="P7Meo5pAfZw"]The mastermind[/YOUTUBE]

In hopes that others may help shred a few bad ideas of their own type it would be encouraged if people would post videos of people explaining their own type in a thread of it's own. And if you can't find any, why not make one.

I also invite people to add videos of INTJs in this thread if they find any decent ones.

EDIT: Hmmm, this is not about what is being said in the video. If so I could have just copied and pasted the whole profile and made a thread about the profile of INTJs. This is about how the INTJ in the video projected himself towards us. It's a little different than the stereotypes. (stiff, no expressions, dry, etc.)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't get what was supposed to help shred stereotypes.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Sounds like Ed Helms.

Anyway, he read a lot from a personality description page. I'm not sure how your provided specimen would combat popular stereotypes, as we saw very little exposition or idea exploration.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It was not what he talked about in the video.
It was the way he communicated and talked.
Many believe INTJs speak in monotonous manner. And many believe they are stiff. and so on...
This will give another view of how they can be like.
That was my aim.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Where does the shredding of false stereotypes appear?

edit: oops, only op was posted when i started typing

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Perhaps...
He certainly does let out the vibe... but he could also have a well developed extraverted function.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Similar to the other thread I made a while back, I found a pleasant video that might give another perception of an INTJ.
This is to help shred a few false stereotypical ideas that some people may have of an INTJ.

In hopes that others may help shred a few bad ideas of their own type it would be encouraged if people would post videos of people explaining their own type in a thread of it's own. And if you can't find any, why not make one.

I also invite people to add videos of INTJs in this thread if they find any decent ones.

EDIT: Hmmm, this is not about what is being said in the video. If so I could have just copied and pasted the whole profile and made a thread about the profile of INTJs. This is about how the INTJ in the video projected himself towards us. It's a little different than the stereotypes. (stiff, no expressions, dry, etc.)

That is a concrete example of application of folk typology. No research in psychology or sociology is cited, no rationale has been advanced to define INTJ or even less support the definition with an argument. All that has been done is a reading of Keirsey's profile that makes vague and arbitrary descriptions of certain people.

The truth is the people he describes are very rare and have exceptional gifts. It may be the case that they comprise only 1% of the population, but testing as an INTJ does not mean that you're in that 1%! For instance, such persons have the ability to plan out their activities carefully and critically evaluate the arguments of others. These are skills that people learn through professional experience or advanced education, not by testing as INTJs. One can receive that test result or identify as an INTJ by reading various online 'blog' descriptions without displaying any of those virtues consistently.

This type of blogs merely reinforce the dangers of folk typology by convincing people that they have a wide range of outstanding qualities without questioning whether they truly do. Such an outcome is particularly harmful to young people who'll be placed in danger of developing presumptuous and absurd views of themselves and other people. Writings, videos and type profiles devoted to spreading this kind of a message would have been as inocuous as 'what superman character are you' online tests had they been irrelevant to people's natural tendencies. Its a fact that introverts are better predisposed to develop qualities associated with being reflective than extroverts, granted that their external circumstances were very similar. Hence, someone with an INTJ disposition is more likely to develop many of those qualities than someone with an ESFP dispostion, however, there is no reason to believe that someone who is this type necessarily has such qualities! Even less is there a reason to think that just because you scored INTJ on your test you are a 'Rational mastermind' and an outstanding contingency planner!

Rag, you should change the title of your thread because we don't know if the speaker even is an INTJ and its never a good idea to advocate uncritical acceptance of folk typological notions as well as countless confused, arbitrary and pernicious personality classifications they engender.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rag, you should change the title of your thread because we don't know if the speaker even is an INTJ and its never a good idea to advocate uncritical acceptance of folk typological notions as well as countless confused, arbitrary and pernicious personality classifications they engender.
Hmmmm. Yes, I was already thinking of changing the title.

sculpting

what does this guy do for a living? He has adopted/learned a personna he is using-like a mask kinda. I'd suggest INTJs may do this as they get older-I dont think it is put on-maybe instead more of a logical synthesis of personality tools that help facillitate communication to accomplish objectives? Dude I dunno, I just see a lot of INTJs who are older who can actually be quite extroverted-but each is sorta unique-like I said a developed persona.

Anyways he doesnt fit cleanly into my INTJ library but he had Te eyes and he seemed to have Se prescence. I dunno... No Ne there that's for sure.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh goodness me, Te eyes and Se presence! What's next, Fe toes and Si soul?

G

Ginkgo

You can't work on a computer while it is conducting a critical virus check or defrag very well. It's indolent and glitchy - often creating problems for both the user and the computer.

attempting-to-give-a-damn.gif

sculpting

Oh goodness me, Te eyes and Se presence! What's next, Fe toes and Si soul?

Go read up on eye movements in NLP. The system is flawed but there have been a lot of observations there. Timeless also started a post in the MBTI section on this-eye movements and function

Then start watching. Maybe this is what ENFPs do. Cant speak for INTPs. But ENFPs watch. You will always need extensive data all linked with logical consistancy. I just meld with people-but watch them.

Te eyes-these are the serial killer eyes antisocial always talks about that scare people. They can be very intense. Very direct, forceful gaze. This can make INTJs scary.

Fi looks-almost always indirect. glances downwards and away. We will break eye contact to describe how we feel.

Ne eyes-These are quick glances upwards at angles. Both Ne-doms do this, but it is more obvious in enfps. "Why are you staring at the ceiling? The answer isnt on the roof."

Ti-this is direct and exceptionally intent-but not scary like the Te look. At its worst it is the reptilian look mentioned in sociopathy. INTPs rarely use it but ISTPs and EXTPs use it

Ni-It is sort of into space-they are looking into their own heads. Both INFJs and INTJs.

Si/Se are tough to explain-it is something I think I see with Fi-something about the face, the movements of the hands, the eye muscles. Reflecting inwards or outwards.

So watch this guy again-See the direct Te gaze, then the occasionally inner Ni-but very rare. He was in deployment mode, not intuitive mode.

Go watch uumlau in his video in the typing section. He alternates Ni internal thoughts with direct Te deliverance-although more softly than this man.

Now for fun go watch silly sapinne-Mostly she flicks from Ne upwards to Fi no eye contact. But there is a section at the start where she talks about defending people-there is about five seconds of VERY direct eye contact-tertTe.

Go check out timeless's video blog. He mostly has Ti eyes softened with Fe, but you will see him sneak into Ne upwards land now and then.

Yeah enfps, go figure...Sorry I know this violates every single thought you have regarding what is allowable for typology and like I said these things are just things I see and correlate. Maybe wrong, maybe right, but of interest to continue to watch for. I am totally cool with data that corrects what I have seen.

For a Ti user-can you ignore external data even if it breaks your model? How much data does it take to force a model modification? No offesnes intended, just askin.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Te eyes-these are the serial killer eyes antisocial always talks about that scare people. They can be very intense. Very direct, forceful gaze. This can make INTJs scary.

Ti-this is direct and exceptionally intent-but not scary like the Te look. At its worst it is the reptilian look mentioned in sociopathy. INTPs rarely use it but ISTPs and EXTPs use it

Oh yeah? Let's compare that side-by-side.

teti.jpg

Ti vs. Te.

(Me & My INTJ friend)

:rofl1:

For a Ti user-can you ignore external data even if it breaks your model? How much data does it take to force a model modification? No offesnes intended, just askin.
It's hard to go back knowing a big box can contain smaller boxes so to speak.

I'm always open to new perspectives. To put it in a simplier way; why should I swim in a pond when I can swim in the ocean? In other words, if my current model is so huge and vast [including smaller model(s)] why should I retreat to something smaller that ignores the bigger picture. Of course if there's something greater then my "model" ...I'm all ears.

I like paradigm shifts anyway.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
The man is supposedly an INTJ and therefore the whole thread was created on the assumption that he is an INTJ. Hopefully the purpose of the thread will still move on.

Isn't perfectionism a common trait for a "typical" INTJ?... I understand that re-recording that whole description would be a pain in the ass, but those speech errors would drive anyone up the wall,... In a nutshell!

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Te eyes-these are the serial killer eyes antisocial always talks about that scare people. They can be very intense. Very direct, forceful gaze. This can make INTJs scary..

Talk of serial killer eyes, I've just looked in the mirror after having read this thread and decided that I am definitely a Te type!

You can quote thousands of pages of New Age mysticism or Ancient Greek mythology to me, but don't expect you'll ever have enough data to convince me. No, that's not because I'm a 'Ti type' but because I know the difference between a cogent argument and an unfounded opinion.

Jaguar

Oh yeah? Let's compare that side-by-side.

teti.jpg

Ti vs. Te.

(Me & My INTJ friend)

:rofl1:

Both of you jokers look like you're at a meeting with the mob, planning a hit.
Hey, where the hell is Jimmy Hoffa buried? :D