User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Man explaining 'The Mastermind' profile.

The man is supposedly an INTJ and therefore the whole thread was created on the assumption that he is an INTJ. Hopefully the purpose of the thread will still move on.

Similar to the other thread I made a while back, I found a pleasant video that might give another perception of an INTJ.
    This is to help shred a few false stereotypical ideas that some people may have of an INTJ.
    [YOUTUBE="P7Meo5pAfZw"]The mastermind[/YOUTUBE]

In hopes that others may help shred a few bad ideas of their own type it would be encouraged if people would post videos of people explaining their own type in a thread of it's own. And if you can't find any, why not make one.

I also invite people to add videos of INTJs in this thread if they find any decent ones.

EDIT: Hmmm, this is not about what is being said in the video. If so I could have just copied and pasted the whole profile and made a thread about the profile of INTJs. This is about how the INTJ in the video projected himself towards us. It's a little different than the stereotypes. (stiff, no expressions, dry, etc.)

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't get what was supposed to help shred stereotypes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Sounds like Ed Helms.

Anyway, he read a lot from a personality description page. I'm not sure how your provided specimen would combat popular stereotypes, as we saw very little exposition or idea exploration.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

It was not what he talked about in the video.
    It was the way he communicated and talked.
    Many believe INTJs speak in monotonous manner. And many believe they are stiff. and so on...
    This will give another view of how they can be like.
    That was my aim.

MBTI
    INTJ

Where does the shredding of false stereotypes appear?

edit: oops, only op was posted when i started typing
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTj

Dudes an extrovert.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Perhaps...
    He certainly does let out the vibe... but he could also have a well developed extraverted function.

MBTI
    INTj

I choose the former.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Similar to the other thread I made a while back, I found a pleasant video that might give another perception of an INTJ.
    This is to help shred a few false stereotypical ideas that some people may have of an INTJ.
    [YOUTUBE="P7Meo5pAfZw"]The mastermind[/YOUTUBE]

In hopes that others may help shred a few bad ideas of their own type it would be encouraged if people would post videos of people explaining their own type in a thread of it's own. And if you can't find any, why not make one.

I also invite people to add videos of INTJs in this thread if they find any decent ones.

EDIT: Hmmm, this is not about what is being said in the video. If so I could have just copied and pasted the whole profile and made a thread about the profile of INTJs. This is about how the INTJ in the video projected himself towards us. It's a little different than the stereotypes. (stiff, no expressions, dry, etc.)
    That is a concrete example of application of folk typology. No research in psychology or sociology is cited, no rationale has been advanced to define INTJ or even less support the definition with an argument. All that has been done is a reading of Keirsey's profile that makes vague and arbitrary descriptions of certain people.

The truth is the people he describes are very rare and have exceptional gifts. It may be the case that they comprise only 1% of the population, but testing as an INTJ does not mean that you're in that 1%! For instance, such persons have the ability to plan out their activities carefully and critically evaluate the arguments of others. These are skills that people learn through professional experience or advanced education, not by testing as INTJs. One can receive that test result or identify as an INTJ by reading various online 'blog' descriptions without displaying any of those virtues consistently.

This type of blogs merely reinforce the dangers of folk typology by convincing people that they have a wide range of outstanding qualities without questioning whether they truly do. Such an outcome is particularly harmful to young people who'll be placed in danger of developing presumptuous and absurd views of themselves and other people. Writings, videos and type profiles devoted to spreading this kind of a message would have been as inocuous as 'what superman character are you' online tests had they been irrelevant to people's natural tendencies. Its a fact that introverts are better predisposed to develop qualities associated with being reflective than extroverts, granted that their external circumstances were very similar. Hence, someone with an INTJ disposition is more likely to develop many of those qualities than someone with an ESFP dispostion, however, there is no reason to believe that someone who is this type necessarily has such qualities! Even less is there a reason to think that just because you scored INTJ on your test you are a 'Rational mastermind' and an outstanding contingency planner!

Rag, you should change the title of your thread because we don't know if the speaker even is an INTJ and its never a good idea to advocate uncritical acceptance of folk typological notions as well as countless confused, arbitrary and pernicious personality classifications they engender.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I choose the former.
    Everyone's got their own perceptions of things I guess.