User Tag List

First 123 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    That and I cry.
    me too.. alone though. not beside anyone, I don't like letting people see me cry, has nothing to do with it being a weakness, merely something very personal.

1. Go out for a walk at night

2. Listen to some music matching that mood ( angry: rock, metal; sad: ballads, songs about impending doom)

3. Go on forums or watch Tv to keep my mind occupied

4: draw

5. Post a blog entry

6. Call my best friend

7. Write a strongly worded letter. to myself.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    me too.. alone though. not beside anyone, I don't like letting people see me cry, has nothing to do with it being a weakness, merely something very personal.

1. Go out for a walk at night

2. Listen to some music matching that mood ( angry: rock, metal; sad: ballads, songs about impending doom)

3. Go on forums or watch Tv to keep my mind occupied

4: draw

5. Post a blog entry

6. Call my best friend

7. Write a strongly worded letter. to myself.
    #1 & 7 work for me as well, but in the case of #7 I write it to whatever or whoever is the source of the negative emotion. And I never post it.
    (removed)

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    #1 & 7 work for me as well, but in the case of #7 I write it to whatever or whoever is the source of the negative emotion. And I never post it.
    yes. that too!!! that is what i meant!! LOL

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I have become extremely good at denial.

Oh and there's distracting myself with other things.

Then I get to the point where I'm restless... then usually I lock myself up and have a good cry or throw things.

... Hmmm. I don't think my method is very healthy...
    Nothing can become anything if you tilt your head and squint.

MBTI
    INTJ

The best way!

"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

I find dealing with sadness and anger to be two pretty different things.

For anger/frustration -

Before I started being physically active, I had huge problems with this. Usually the anger and irritation would build up until I lashed out, often at the wrong person (whoever broke the camel's back). Now however, I fuel anger into workout sessions which works like a charm (90 minutes of running makes you much, much too tired to be angry and hurt someone), plus with things like long-distance running you can actually put your mind in a meditative trance state which is very healthy. Also, you get hotter. yay.

For sadness (I'm assuming the longer-term kind, not momentary) -

This is really hard for me. My tendency is to 'logic' out of it - figure out what external stimuli are making things worse, and fix them, and figure out what external stimuli might make it better (watch a funny movie, talk to a friend about stupid things, whatever). in this case working out tends not to work because I have a depressive lack of energy AND the meditative state can be blocked by all the repeated negative thinking "i suck, no wonder I didn't get that fellowship, and that girl dumped me..." etc).

One thing which does help which I discovered recently is to make a puzzle or project for yourself. After my last big breakup I was devastated, and my friend drove me to Home Depot (my happy place) and I bought a bunch of stuff to make furniture. Weird? sure, but it's an intense hobby and requires a lot of mental distraction. That kind of stuff helps a lot.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

INTs dont have emotions

Most of the time I don't have any. But if happens that I get some I usually just take a walk to think thing through and that is pretty much it.

Btw I have never destroyed something out of anger.

MBTI
    IxTx
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LSE

hm... to be honest, I don't really remember. The last time I lashed out was 7 years ago when I picked a fight with my brother.

Against less extreme emotions, usually I just shut down the part of me that's feeling the negative emotion for a while, and come back later so smooth it out when I can look at it objectively.
    online test: 6ISTP/5INTP/5INTJ/3ISTJ/1ISFP/1ENFJ
    people's suggestion: 1ISFP
    ......../ Bunny says,......\
    ........\Ask me anything./
    ............)/
    ./\_/\..../
    (O .O)
    [^_u )

MBTI
    INTJ

I go into recluse. It always doesn't work. Often I just feel worse. But I don't really have any better way.