• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: Question!

proximo

Just listen to them.

WRONG! At least, definitely wrong in my case.

I don't just want a person to sit there and listen to me. A wall with a face. My worst nightmare!

I want them to TALK BACK to me!!!

I want them to carry their half of the conversation, to be able to do that without me feeling like I'm talking too much, even though I'm just saying what I think is relevant and worth saying! I want to not have to feel like I have to bottle myself up until I feel like I'll explode with unexpressed thoughts, because the other person won't take their turn in the conversation, and I'm so wary of dominating it.

TALK BACK!

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP

I don't just want a person to sit there and listen to me. A wall with a face. My worst nightmare!

I want them to TALK BACK to me!!!

I want them to carry their half of the conversation, to be able to do that without me feeling like I'm talking too much, even though I'm just saying what I think is relevant and worth saying! I want to not have to feel like I have to bottle myself up until I feel like I'll explode with unexpressed thoughts, because the other person won't take their turn in the conversation, and I'm so wary of dominating it.

TALK BACK!

never! i will counter by saying the dreaded words

"you're absolutely right, there's no point arguing with you."

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
never! i will counter by saying the dreaded words

"you're absolutely right, there's no point arguing with you."

But how do we know that we are REALLY right if the other guy doesn't counterargue at all? Besides, arguing can and should be fun.

Generally speaking, I like people to have a sense of fun, surprising me with the things they say but being trustworthy in what they do, and having views that interest me.

What comes to romance, sensuality and playfulness will get a good response from me. On top of those other traits.

proximo

But how do we know that we are REALLY right if the other guy doesn't counterargue at all? Besides, arguing can and should be fun.

Yeah, I'm not interested in "being right" or being seen to "be right". I'm interested in learning and seeing whether there're things I haven't factored in, taken account of, things I didn't know. Things that will make me revise my opinions.

Besides, I didn't say anything about arguing. There's a whole lot more to me than a debating machine. Maybe there wasn't in my teens and 20's, but there sure is now. And I appreciate people who don't "typecast" me into the role of "the argumentative one" just because I *can* and *will* challenge things occasionally... doesn't mean I always want to.

If I say to somebody, "I saw a really great movie the other day, called .... - there was this really good part where..." I don't want them to just nod and say "that's nice" :laugh: Ideally they'd respond with something like "Oh yeah I saw that, it was cool wasn't it - reminded me of another movie where...." or "Yeah I saw that, wasn't my cup of tea though - I didn't like the way it.... I preferred...." or "I haven't seen that yet, sounds cool/crap..." etc.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah, I'm not interested in "being right" or being seen to "be right". I'm interested in learning and seeing whether there're things I haven't factored in, taken account of, things I didn't know. Things that will make me revise my opinions.

now this i can help you with!

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----

TALK BACK!

absolutely agree with this. it's also fun to be with someone who plans things we can do together that are exciting, rather than leaving it up to me. i don't like carrying the fun/energy load on my own - it's exhausting.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Who wants to carry a load ? That's gross !