User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ISTP

Just listen to them.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Just listen to them.
    WRONG! At least, definitely wrong in my case.

I don't just want a person to sit there and listen to me. A wall with a face. My worst nightmare!

I want them to TALK BACK to me!!!

I want them to carry their half of the conversation, to be able to do that without me feeling like I'm talking too much, even though I'm just saying what I think is relevant and worth saying! I want to not have to feel like I have to bottle myself up until I feel like I'll explode with unexpressed thoughts, because the other person won't take their turn in the conversation, and I'm so wary of dominating it.

TALK BACK!
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post

I don't just want a person to sit there and listen to me. A wall with a face. My worst nightmare!

I want them to TALK BACK to me!!!

I want them to carry their half of the conversation, to be able to do that without me feeling like I'm talking too much, even though I'm just saying what I think is relevant and worth saying! I want to not have to feel like I have to bottle myself up until I feel like I'll explode with unexpressed thoughts, because the other person won't take their turn in the conversation, and I'm so wary of dominating it.

TALK BACK!
    never! i will counter by saying the dreaded words

"you're absolutely right, there's no point arguing with you."
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    never! i will counter by saying the dreaded words

"you're absolutely right, there's no point arguing with you."
    But how do we know that we are REALLY right if the other guy doesn't counterargue at all? Besides, arguing can and should be fun.

Generally speaking, I like people to have a sense of fun, surprising me with the things they say but being trustworthy in what they do, and having views that interest me.

What comes to romance, sensuality and playfulness will get a good response from me. On top of those other traits.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawMan View Post
    But how do we know that we are REALLY right if the other guy doesn't counterargue at all? Besides, arguing can and should be fun.
    Yeah, I'm not interested in "being right" or being seen to "be right". I'm interested in learning and seeing whether there're things I haven't factored in, taken account of, things I didn't know. Things that will make me revise my opinions.

Besides, I didn't say anything about arguing. There's a whole lot more to me than a debating machine. Maybe there wasn't in my teens and 20's, but there sure is now. And I appreciate people who don't "typecast" me into the role of "the argumentative one" just because I *can* and *will* challenge things occasionally... doesn't mean I always want to.

If I say to somebody, "I saw a really great movie the other day, called .... - there was this really good part where..." I don't want them to just nod and say "that's nice" Ideally they'd respond with something like "Oh yeah I saw that, it was cool wasn't it - reminded me of another movie where...." or "Yeah I saw that, wasn't my cup of tea though - I didn't like the way it.... I preferred...." or "I haven't seen that yet, sounds cool/crap..." etc.

MBTI
    ISTP

Yeah, I'm not interested in "being right" or being seen to "be right". I'm interested in learning and seeing whether there're things I haven't factored in, taken account of, things I didn't know. Things that will make me revise my opinions.
    now this i can help you with!

MBTI
    ----

TALK BACK!
    absolutely agree with this. it's also fun to be with someone who plans things we can do together that are exciting, rather than leaving it up to me. i don't like carrying the fun/energy load on my own - it's exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    it's also fun to be with someone who plans things we can do together that are exciting, rather than leaving it up to me. i don't like carrying the fun/energy load on my own - it's exhausting.
    For sure.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Who wants to carry a load ? That's gross !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]