User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I believe INFP's need to practice outspokenness.
    That's one area where the two types are polar opposites.

ENTJ: I'm going to tell you exactly what is on my mind. Deal with it.

INFP: I'm going to say something warm and fuzzy with a cherry on top and hope that you can figure out what I'm really thinking.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    That's one area where the two types are polar opposites.

INFP: I'm going to say something warm and fuzzy with a cherry on top and hope that you know what I'm really thinking I'm going to respect how you see the world unless you truly diss the important things in life, because I respect you and cherish your insights and value the relationship we have.
    Fixed
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Fixed
    LOL. Thanks!

Not hating on either type, but I've always thought ENTJ's could tone it done a bit and that INFP's could, uh, tone it up a bit (be more openly honest - key word being openly).

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    If I had a say in who I fell in love with, I don't think I'd choose to fall in love with an INFP - just too much uncertainty and unpredictability. I want my relationships to be stable! No guessing around, no mind-games, no roller coasters. I think I'd really have to love the INFP to be able to put up with that.
    It's true that I can be inconsistent/unreliable/indecisive in some areas, but not all. I'm pretty clear about what I want from a relationship..I feel like I'm the one having to do the guessing actually because he's not very good at dealing with having feelings (whereas I can recognise what mine are and what they mean pretty much instantly).
    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post

INFP: I'm going to say something warm and fuzzy with a cherry on top and hope that you can figure out what I'm really thinking.
    I don't know if other INFPs are like this, but I can be really blunt and honest when I do speak up. Of course, sometimes it's not worth it and I just keep it to myself, but I think that's a good thing, otherwise I'd be constantly picking flaws in everyone and spreading the negativity.

I read somewhere else actually about INFP wanting a 'soul mate' whereas ENTJ seek a 'mindmate' (emotional connection vs intellectual connection), and also that ENTJ feel INFP need guidance/looking after and are therefore the dominant one in the relationship. Anyone else agree with this?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

INFP: I'm going to say something warm and fuzzy with a cherry on top and hope that you know what I'm really thinking I'm going to respect how you see the world unless you truly diss the important things in life, because I respect you and cherish your insights and value the relationship we have.
    INFP: I'm going to say what I believe INTENSELY in if we venture into that topic. If I don't care, you can rant away and I will nod and be all ears and enjoy your strong perspective on a neutral topic. If I find a reason to disagree I WILL, especially if we are in a long-term relationship and you need to know where I stand.

About the indecision, yeah...I am awful at that.

I read somewhere else actually about INFP wanting a 'soul mate' whereas ENTJ seek a 'mindmate' (emotional connection vs intellectual connection), and also that ENTJ feel INFP need guidance/looking after and are therefore the dominant one in the relationship. Anyone else agree with this?
    It's weird how they separate that. An emotional connection for me has to be intellectual also. Intelligence is a strong reason for NFs to like a person.

ENTJs are expressively dominant/aggressive but INFPs have high ideals too. They may not initiate but they do want things their way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Only INFP i know is my sister and she's very manipulative. She's very good at being nice and people are too full of themselves that they eat those words like candy (if only she had a van behind her...).

Very very messy as well.....

She is hardworking when she wants to and very smart, but very unrealiable. She will promise something and if you make her mad a little bit. She throws you the finger (figuratively) and breaks all promises. She's awesome when she's not angry, moody, sad, depressed, stuck up, etc.

I'm not an ENTJ though.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    INFP: I'm going to say what I believe INTENSELY in if we venture into that topic. If I don't care, you can rant away and I will nod and be all ears and enjoy your strong perspective on a neutral topic. If I find a reason to disagree I WILL, especially if we are in a long-term relationship and you need to know where I stand.
    yeah, true.

About the indecision, yeah...I am awful at that.
    in a relationship, i think one decision maker is fine. As long as they consult and respect each other.

ENTJs are expressively dominant/aggressive but INFPs have high ideals too. They may not initiate but they do want things their way.
    Also true. I just wish they'd be more straight forward about it, instead of me having to sense something isn't right. But I know there's potential there, they do get better at asserting themselves.

and also that ENTJ feel INFP need guidance/looking after and are therefore the dominant one in the relationship. Anyone else agree with this?
    this i agree with, and have experieced with my INFP friend. I don't mind this, but it can get a bit tiering if there's no give and take, and I'll feel too needed and get a bit turned off.. if that makes sense.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Meh.

Not impressed.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

What do ENTJs think of every non-ENTJ type?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

figsfiggyfigs

^ oh come on now! give us some credit.

we love INTJ's... LOL!