• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What it's like to be introverted

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
xkcd: Overstimulated

I reckon that's a pretty good summary of introverts in social situations. Well for me anyway. This site seems to be run by INTs. I think it's very funny and clever.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
comic doesn't make sense, introvert wouldn't hang with huge group in the first place. I know I wouldn't

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe they were pressured into it. Introverts can go to social events without wanting to.

lol i have to do this every couple of weeks just so my friends can leave me alone for another couple of weeks

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
comic doesn't make sense, introvert wouldn't hang with huge group in the first place. I know I wouldn't

I also wouldn't But when everyone's really friendly you don't want to disappoint them(Fe), your really forced into it.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

I have, many times. Sometimes I even enjoy it.

That statement is like syaing no extravert would ever be on their own.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, I can definitely relate to the comic. I think it's pretty accurate. It particularly makes sense in situations where there is a lot of small talk or non-N type conversation (what happened last week at the PTA potluck; how the neighbor went about constructing his new patio deck).

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4

I go out often with groups or to events with large numbers of people. I also wander off into gaga land long before the night is over (like the comic above).

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually, my zone-outs do generally start like that...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Maybe they were pressured into it. Introverts can go to social events without wanting to.

Yup, "honey" got dragged along by a well-meaning SO from what I could tell...

Unfortunately this travesty happens much more than it should in our enlightened age. Stop the violence against introverts! Don't make us go to your lousy gab-parties!

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
introvert should grow a pair and talk for once :steam:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
No way, you introverts. As a helpful ENTP I feel it's my duty to help you feel the joy that other people can give you. There's always time for computer games when you're dead.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
introvert should grow a pair and talk for once :steam:

LOL. It's not about growing a pair. It's more about, "Is this really what we're going to talk about all night?"

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
No way, you introverts. As a helpful ENTP I feel it's my duty to help you feel the joy that other people can give you. There's always time for computer games when you're dead.

I'm not into computer games, but let's say I was.

18 hours of computer games and I'm still feeling good.

On the other hand, after a 2 hour dinner with a party of 8, I'm ready for bed. It can be totally boring or it can be really fun. Either way, it can be so mentally draining. Usually at the end of a full Thanksgiving Day with the family, I feel about the same as I would after working an 80 hour work week. I'm not physically tired, but my brain just wants to zone out. Even in these situations, I'm not even thinking about Ti-type activities. I just want to sleep for about 10 hours and then have very little contact the next day.

Hate to sound like a whiner (yes, I want some cheese with it), but that's just the reality of what it can be like.

Oh, and I will admit that those 2 hours at dinner do more for me and are better for me than the 18 hours of (insert favorite Ti activity here). It's just that we know from experience that the 2 hours come with some "consequences" (we're pretty much useless for the rest of the evening and maybe the next day while we recoup).