User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default What it's like to be introverted

xkcd: Overstimulated

I reckon that's a pretty good summary of introverts in social situations. Well for me anyway. This site seems to be run by INTs. I think it's very funny and clever.

MBTI
    intp

comic doesn't make sense, introvert wouldn't hang with huge group in the first place. I know I wouldn't

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    comic doesn't make sense, introvert wouldn't hang with huge group in the first place. I know I wouldn't
    Maybe they were pressured into it. Introverts can go to social events without wanting to.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Maybe they were pressured into it. Introverts can go to social events without wanting to.
    lol i have to do this every couple of weeks just so my friends can leave me alone for another couple of weeks

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I also wouldn't But when everyone's really friendly you don't want to disappoint them(Fe), your really forced into it.
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I have, many times. Sometimes I even enjoy it.

That statement is like syaing no extravert would ever be on their own.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah, I can definitely relate to the comic. I think it's pretty accurate. It particularly makes sense in situations where there is a lot of small talk or non-N type conversation (what happened last week at the PTA potluck; how the neighbor went about constructing his new patio deck).

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I go out often with groups or to events with large numbers of people. I also wander off into gaga land long before the night is over (like the comic above).
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Actually, my zone-outs do generally start like that...
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Yup, "honey" got dragged along by a well-meaning SO from what I could tell...

Unfortunately this travesty happens much more than it should in our enlightened age. Stop the violence against introverts! Don't make us go to your lousy gab-parties!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft