First 1234 Last

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I love it, but really only on the gameboy. Something about the physical design of the gameboy and the way the screen sits in the palm of your hand. I used to love to anticipate the next few shapes, trying to guess the pattern on what was coming. And the faster it got, the better I got. The music helped me not focus too much on it, which is always a danger for me with anything. If I focus too hard, I fail.

MBTI
    YaYa

For about a minute. Then I get bored.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    What is abstract about tetris?
    It's abstract in the sense that the situation it depicts has very few parallels in the real world. How often people called upon to arange falling blocks under time pressure so that they stack neatly then vanish? The nearest equivilent is trying to get everything into an over full freezer, as far as I can tell.

This is as opposed to games like total war, civilisation or even Doom, which are based much more based in the real world possibilities. Whether or not you think they reflect them accurately is a different mater. As is if they are intended to realistic

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I used to hate it then played it in work and fell in love!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I used to play Tetris all the time and Dr. Mario too. In the SNES version of Tetris and Dr. Mario in one game, it allows you to keep going past level 24 in Dr. Mario whereas the NES version of Dr. Mario stops you at 24. Here is a picture of what happens when you get past level 99 in Dr. Mario (trust me, this is not possible without lots of help from an emulator). If you're wondering, yes, it does keep getting faster and faster.

MBTI
    INTJ

Not an NT but I loved that Game.

I'm so disappointed that you can't get the orginal. I hate all these half baked imitations.

The set-up, colors, music- all of it was great!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    I used to play Tetris all the time and Dr. Mario too. In the SNES version of Tetris and Dr. Mario in one game, it allows you to keep going past level 24 in Dr. Mario whereas the NES version of Dr. Mario stops you at 24. Here is a picture of what happens when you get past level 99 in Dr. Mario (trust me, this is not possible without lots of help from an emulator). If you're wondering, yes, it does keep getting faster and faster.

Dr Mario was fun too!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Screw Intelligent Cube, Klax, and Tetris. I enjoy games like Megaman, King's Bounty, and Herzog Zwei.

Tetris was just too mundane for me.
    I looved the Megaman series. But now when I play them on my Wii they are kind of annoying. I know he's a robot but he's too stiff in his movements, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    There used to be an awesome tetris game on omgpop called Blockles, but it's gone now I think. Once you got enough lines you got items you could use on the other players. They had a swap screen item, add lines to someone (including yourself), remove lines from someone (including yourself), clear your screen, and scramble the other person's screen. It was funny because depending on what items you had stacked up towards the end compared to what the person that was left had and how you used them resulted in who would win. So it required a little more thought than what you think is the best way to place pieces in different scenarios depending on what you have coming up next.

But the only problem with games like that is you get people who play them so much they become like this [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdLESxRNylI"]chinese tetris[/YOUTUBE] and unless you learn to play by their strategy, you can't keep up even if you arguably make more moves per mistake.
    That's some terrible building.
    Tetris is a game of speed I suppose. The ability to react quickly to where would be the most effective place to slot things. The more difficult aspect of tetris is finding the best places that aren't the most obvious choices.

I don't exactly dislike it... but it doesn't hold my attention for long either