Thread: INTP and GOD

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think a lot of personal growth stems from realizing that basic truth.
    (That we personally are not the reason the universe exists.)

Ya can't figure out who you are and what you can be and do and give until you accept what you're not.

An individual could be the sole reason why the universe exists. It is, after all, their perception and their reality.

Why wouldn't you believe in dragons?
    What specific dragon exactly? One that's currently beside me?

There's maybe a different "space" that allows their existence as believable.
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    INTP

You know, there are plenty of fictional stories involving dragons. He might be on to something here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Well something would have to pop into existence or nothing would ever have existed ever.

But as it happens, black holes have 0 volume.
    well I guess the only logical thing to say then is that everything always existed.
    Even if you were right in saying a black hole can exist with a volume of zero (which your not and neither is whoever said that) then how do you explain it's mass since anything with mass has to have volume, otherwise it is impossible, you cant have mass without matter. Black holes have massive volumes.
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    An individual could be the sole reason why the universe exists. It is, after all, their perception and their reality.
    "Could" is a far cry from "is."
    "Could" encompasses everything... thus signifying nothing.

(For example, you "could" be absolutely insane when you're posting here today. But probably not. I hope.)

What specific dragon exactly? One that's currently beside me?
    There's maybe a different "space" that allows their existence as believable.
    Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Why wouldn't you believe in dragons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    This is a valid question.
    Does anyone have a rebuttal? Statement of reinforcement?
    That's cuz dragons are real, silly.

Dragons are angels and devils.
    Dragons are the stars in the sky.
    Dragons are the darkness that lurks inside humanity.

You never know where the dark dragons are lurking.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "Could" is a far cry from "is."
    "Could" encompasses everything... thus signifying nothing.

(For example, you "could" be absolutely insane when you're posting here today. But probably not. I hope.)
    Exactly, you have a right to state whatever what you want but that doesn't mean it's true.

Jennifer I like your take on dragons, maybe there should just be a dragon religion since somebody believes it it must be true right.
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Personality does play a role in what people are willing to believe about God. N's and especially NT's are much more willing to say that there isn't a God and are much more willing to be independent and unorthodox. I would say being introverted would contribute to that even more cause they're less concerned about personal/social ramifications involved.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by olly_olly View Post
    well I guess the only logical thing to say then is that everything always existed.
    Even if you were right in saying a black hole can exist with a volume of zero (which your not and neither is whoever said that) then how do you explain it's mass since anything with mass has to have volume, otherwise it is impossible, you cant have mass without matter. Black holes have massive volumes.
    At the center of a black hole as described by general relativity lies a gravitational singularity, a region where the spacetime curvature becomes infinite.[38] For a non-rotating black hole this region takes the shape of a single point and for a rotating black hole it is smeared out to form a ring shape lying in the plane of rotation.[39] In both cases the singular region has zero volume. It can also be shown that the singular region contains all the mass of the black hole solution.[40] The singular region can thus be thought of as having infinite density.

From Wikipedia. Here's a direct link. Black hole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And thus it would seem I am actually correct here and mass can exist without volume so long as it is of infinite density.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by olly_olly View Post
    Exactly, you have a right to state whatever what you want but that doesn't mean it's true.
    The moon might be made of Gorgonzola cheese.

Jennifer I like your take on dragons, maybe there should just be a dragon religion since somebody believes it it must be true right.
    Oh, I know there's one out there.
    I made it up with a friend.

...Our dragons are badass.

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Personality does play a role in what people are willing to believe about God. N's and especially NT's are much more willing to say that there isn't a God and are much more willing to be independent and unorthodox. I would say being introverted would contribute to that even more cause they're less concerned about personal/social ramifications involved.
    Generally true.

This is why INTPs get into trouble.
    Many people don't approach a personal topic like faith in this way and find that level of detachment (and the sort of comments and challenges that come with it) to be offensive in some way.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    At the center of a black hole as described by general relativity lies a gravitational singularity, a region where the spacetime curvature becomes infinite.[38] For a non-rotating black hole this region takes the shape of a single point and for a rotating black hole it is smeared out to form a ring shape lying in the plane of rotation.[39] In both cases the singular region has zero volume. It can also be shown that the singular region contains all the mass of the black hole solution.[40] The singular region can thus be thought of as having infinite density.

From Wikipedia. Here's a direct link. Black hole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And thus it would seem I am actually correct here and mass can exist without volume so long as it is of infinite density.
    Ok but...
    The average density of a supermassive black hole (defined as the mass of the black hole divided by the volume within its Schwarzschild radius) can be very low, and may actually be lower than the density of air. This is because the Schwarzschild radius is directly proportional to mass, while density is inversely proportional to the volume. Since the volume of a spherical object (such as the event horizon of a non-rotating black hole) is directly proportional to the cube of the radius, and mass merely increases linearly, the volume increases by a much greater factor than the mass as a black hole grows. Thus, average density decreases for increasingly larger radii of black holes (due to volume increasing much faster than mass)
    Supermassive black hole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also off of wikipedia, so IDK which wikipedia page to believe but I would have to say that you cant have mass with a volume of zero that's impossible because since "(defined as the mass of the black hole divided by the volume within its Schwarzschild radius)" and you can't divide by zero, It's impossible.
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh well I don't know then. That's the limit of my knowledge.