First 2345614 Last

Thread: INTP and GOD

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm an INTP and here is my perspective.
    -God doesn't exist whatsoever in any form.
    -The Bible was written to instill the morals and values that "The System" wants you to follow on a daily basis.
    -We are all here for nothing except to propagate the species.
    -The universe has always existed even when we didn't, and will continue to exist forever.
    -Life may, and in all probability does, exist other places in the universe.
    -We have no souls only our conscience.
    And for the big question that everybody wants to know....
    -Your life does not continue after death because for that to happen you would need to have your "whole" brain intact and functioning, and for you to be dead your brain needs to not be functioning so it is impossible to be conscious of yourself after death.
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by olly_olly View Post
    -The Bible was written to instill the morals and values that "The System" wants you to follow on a daily basis.
    -The universe has always existed even when we didn't, and will continue to exist forever.
    -Your life does not continue after death because for that to happen you would need to have your "whole" brain intact and functioning, and for you to be dead your brain needs to not be functioning so it is impossible to be conscious of yourself after death.
    This is what humans have a big problem with, not being the centre of the universe our species does not have to exist

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    This is what humans have a big problem with, not being the centre of the universe our species does not have to exist
    I agree with you 100%, and I guess, in a way, was kind of what I was getting at (us INTP's are so good at simplifying what we learn).
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

I disagree with the universe always existing. Modern science dictates (due to the movement of different parts of the universe) the extreme likelihood that the universe started with the big bang a few trillion (I think, can't remember) years ago and that eventually, everything will pull itself back together and the whole universe will become one massive black hole. And if you want some crazy theories, maybe the blak hole will be so strong that it will destroy the fabric of time and space, moving itself to the beggining of the universe and starting the big bang!

But that's just my imagination going a little mad.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I disagree with the universe always existing. Modern science dictates (due to the movement of different parts of the universe) the extreme likelihood that the universe started with the big bang a few trillion (I think, can't remember) years ago and that eventually, everything will pull itself back together and the whole universe will become one massive black hole.
    Yes but doesn't that mean the "universe" will always exist. I mean even if everything just came together as one liquid (as I have heard it was before the big bang on the science channel) or a massive black hole (as some scientists have theorized), doesn't there need to be space for it to exist in? thus the universe will always exist because there needs to be space for matter to exist. And I might point out that matter did not simply pop into existence that would simply be impossible. Unless of course black holes transcend space and time, and I'm not a scientist but I don't think so. I think a black hole is really just a very large amount of matter (massive gravity) compressed into a tiny (most likely a quantum) size (cannot be seen) that pulls everything toward it (like any large amount of matter in space).

It is too bad we do not understand black holes better.
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes but doesn't that mean the "universe" will always exist. I mean even if everything just came together as one liquid (as I have heard it was before the big bang on the science channel) or a massive black hole (as some scientists have theorized), doesn't there need to be space for it to exist in? thus the universe will always exist because there needs to be space for matter to exist. And I might point out that matter did not simply pop into existence that would simply be impossible. Unless of course black holes transcend space and time, and I'm not a scientist but I don't think so. I think a black hole is really just a very large amount of matter (massive gravity) compressed into a tiny (most likely a quantum) size (cannot be seen) that pulls everything toward it (like any large amount of matter in space).

It is too bad we do not understand black holes better.
    Well something would have to pop into existence or nothing would ever have existed ever.

But as it happens, black holes have 0 volume.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

It just doesn't make sense to me that we are thinking about these things. My opinion is that everything has a purpose. Sentience, such a major factor, labeled as something ordinary and only for the sake of reproduction. No, My belief feels it so wasteful...
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think a lot of personal growth stems from realizing that basic truth.
    (That we personally are not the reason the universe exists.)

Ya can't figure out who you are and what you can be and do and give until you accept what you're not.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Why wouldn't you believe in God?
    Why wouldn't you believe in dragons?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Why wouldn't you believe in dragons?
    This is a valid question.

Does anyone have a rebuttal? Statement of reinforcement?