User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: INTP and GOD

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    (I don't believe, but if I did) I would think that god himself was an ENTP.

• P, he created the universe on a whim.
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    • T, He's willing to let you fall flat on your face for the sake of learning a lesson.
    • N, Not so much evidence at this point. But I would say that an S would build tons of universes of all different shapes and qualities. An N would just create one and spend all his time watching it.
    • E. he made lots of angle buddies to pal around with him. Also, he treats heaven as a club where even us humans can eventually join (If he finds us cool enough)
    God is INTJ (I'm agnostic, but biblical God)

J - He took 7 days to create the universe. Yes, he just thought it would be cool to do, but do you think if an INTJ were sitting in a huge expanse of nothing, they'd just leave it like that? That's ISTJ stuff (jokes!), he certainly is very sure what he's created is good, and didn't hesitate to knock them out of Eden because they didn't follow his orders. He has no problem sending us to hell if we're not good enough.

N - You've explained

T - You've explained

I - Only 4 angels ever see God (one being Satan, now on extended vacation) and he prefers to hide in the shadows, only ever revealing himself when neccesary.

And to those who say religion and MBTI do not relate, I disagree. T especially, and N are features which would often cause people to question the validity and worth of religion.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

An INTJ believes God to be an INTJ. Noted.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ENTP disagreeing with INTJ saying God is an INTJ right after that person disagreed with another person saying that God is an ENTP.

Noted!

~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

That would be awfully astute had I bothered to read the earlier post in question.

But ok, it's still pretty astute.

MBTI
    INTJ

lol I'm not saying it because of me. But if you read the bible, particularly old testament ( I was raised Catholic), he seems quite judging, and definitely introverted. Check out some other forums. It seems to be the general consensus from what I've seen, and also that Jesus was INFJ. I think that if there's one type who's likely to rule the universe fairly, but not necessarily nicely, and go through the effort of designing and planning all of it, INTJ would probably be the one, though if you disagree, I'd love to her why.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

If ever you know all there is to know, if ever there are no "new" concepts, if ever you know what is "always" right, if ever your complete, wouldn't you become a guardian(SJ) of what is absolute correctness?
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    If ever you know all there is to know, if ever there are no "new" concepts, if ever you know what is "always" right, if ever your complete, wouldn't you become a guardian(SJ) of what is absolute correctness?
    SJs are no more associated with belief in absolute correctness than most IxxP types, who are dominant in introverted judgment. (In fact, when it comes to correctness about personal belief in some moral or theoretical ideal, the IxxPs [and even ExxPs] are often far more rigid.)

The only things they're really insistent upon are keeping their external/public lives well-organized via Je; generally, the only things that are "absolutely correct" to them are those which can be shown to be effective/accepted by objective external standards. Si is not associated with rigid insistence that it's always correct; since it's only a perceiving function, it's more just a desire to relate new information to previously stored information, leading SJs to generally stick to situations where they have experience that can be directly applied.

Try to talk to a Ti or Fi dom about absolute correctness, though, and you'll get an ear full.

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    lol I'm not saying it because of me. But if you read the bible, particularly old testament ( I was raised Catholic), he seems quite judging, and definitely introverted. Check out some other forums. It seems to be the general consensus from what I've seen, and also that Jesus was INFJ. I think that if there's one type who's likely to rule the universe fairly, but not necessarily nicely, and go through the effort of designing and planning all of it, INTJ would probably be the one, though if you disagree, I'd love to her why.
    I see Old Testament God as more of an ESTJ. He's all about laying down strictly ordered universal rules and quickly, impersonally eliminating any person, place or thing that stands in the way of the universe being run properly--I'm sure we can agree on Te use, but OTG is stuck firmly in his familiar interpretations (Si) of these rules and never, ever offers any wiggle room. This sounds awfully Te dominant to me.

Tell me, who would wanna be such a control freak?

I would think an NTJ, especially an Ni dom, would be more likely to encourage or at least be open to different interpretations of his teachings, but OTG insists upon precise, literal interpretations of his rules and smites anyone who gets in the way (Te.) He doesn't just explain the general idea to Moses to pass on to his people; no, he hands him hard copies (Si) of 10 precisely written (and precisely enforced) rules (Te), literally set in stone, to be remembered exactly this way for all time--no plans to ever change them from what they are now (Si.)

I don't like the reasoning mentioned earlier for God not being an S. Why would would an S build numerous universes any more than an N? Hell, an NP God would probably get bored with the universe every week, throw it all out and build a new one for fun. Spending all his time on one particular universe and taking painstaking measures to make sure every detail of it is just right (on pain of death, no less) sounds exactly like an STJ approach to me.

I could maybe see ISTJ as a second choice, but he's just so overwhelmingly commanding and constantly creating and enforcing as many rules as possible. I think Te dominance is undeniable, so I'm going with ESTJ.

As for Jesus, I would probably agree with INFJ (second guess ENFJ) but there's an argument for him as an ENFP here that's at least an interesting read.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

SJs are no more associated with belief in absolute correctness than most IxxP types, who are dominant in introverted judgment. (In fact, when it comes to correctness about personal belief in some moral or theoretical ideal, the IxxPs [and even ExxPs] are often far more rigid.)

The only things they're really insistent upon are keeping their external/public lives well-organized via Je; generally, the only things that are "absolutely correct" to them are those which can be shown to be effective/accepted by objective external standards. Si is not associated with rigid insistence that it's always correct; since it's only a perceiving function, it's more just a desire to relate new information to previously stored information, leading SJs to generally stick to situations where they have experience that can be directly applied.

Try to talk to a Ti or Fi dom about absolute correctness, though, and you'll get an ear full.
    My point is if you know the best possible answer on absolutely everything(ignoring subjectivity), wouldn't that lead into yourself relying more on your "previously stored information"?
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

god is a way to explain things that people are too stupid to explain with logic and heaven is a misinterpretation of dmt rush that you get when you die(or have near death experience) and sometimes in small doses thru meditation/praying.

MBTI
    INTJ

I see Old Testament God as more of an ESTJ. He's all about laying down strictly ordered universal rules and quickly, impersonally eliminating any person, place or thing that stands in the way of the universe being run properly--I'm sure we can agree on Te use, but OTG is stuck firmly in his familiar interpretations (Si) of these rules and never, ever offers any wiggle room. This sounds awfully Te dominant to me.

Tell me, who would wanna be such a control freak?

I would think an NTJ, especially an Ni dom, would be more likely to encourage or at least be open to different interpretations of his teachings, but OTG insists upon precise, literal interpretations of his rules and smites anyone who gets in the way (Te.) He doesn't just explain the general idea to Moses to pass on to his people; no, he hands him hard copies (Si) of 10 precisely written (and precisely enforced) rules (Te), literally set in stone, to be remembered exactly this way for all time--no plans to ever change them from what they are now (Si.)

I don't like the reasoning mentioned earlier for God not being an S. Why would would an S build numerous universes any more than an N? Hell, an NP God would probably get bored with the universe every week, throw it all out and build a new one for fun. Spending all his time on one particular universe and taking painstaking measures to make sure every detail of it is just right (on pain of death, no less) sounds exactly like an STJ approach to me.

I could maybe see ISTJ as a second choice, but he's just so overwhelmingly commanding and constantly creating and enforcing as many rules as possible. I think Te dominance is undeniable, so I'm going with ESTJ.

As for Jesus, I would probably agree with INFJ (second guess ENFJ) but there's an argument for him as an ENFP here that's at least an interesting read.
    Hmm... interesting. E is believable I think, but I think the imagination and thought he put into creating everything screams N.