User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Default Are INTPs good drivers?

Do INTPs consider themselves good drivers? (broad term, take it as you will)
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Is the INTP a woman?
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

*Nope we suck at driving. We also hate everybody else's driving except ESTPs and ESTJs (when they are not on their cell phones or the radio is on loud enough so we don't have to listen to them talk).

*but don't expect us to admit it.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I drive slow and people tend to tailgate me a lot. I also listen to music loudly and frequently sing along, allowing me to not pay attention to those people.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    Is the INTP a woman?
    Hell, yes; and hell, I'm a good driver.

Years of not getting speeding tickets, years of getting where I want to go quickly, and years of not having accidents or causing them.

The "big picture" sense coupled with rational thought means you pretty much know where everything is at all times and where it's GOING to be as well, if things continue. You just have to remain aware of everything, rather than disengaging or zoning.

(Read Lenore Thomson's opening two pages about Ti and describing how it functions during a ball game and you'll get the idea. It's about responding to real-time data and seeing everything unfold as it goes and knowing where the system will end up.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

This isnt astrology.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

YES!

I drive on average 100k kilometers a year in a normal car and 50k km a year in a bus/coach/touringcar, whatever the right word for it is where-ever you come from.

My business revolves around transportation though, so I just got into it.

Anyways, I consider myself a really good driver, based on the fact that I'm a relatively quick, yet steady driver, that has never had an accident, despite having spent a lot of time on the road. (In a country where the roads are very busy and crowded.)

One of my best abilities is the ability to spot behaviour of other people on the road and know what they are going to do.

I can drive 180Km/h on the highway in busy ol' Netherlands and know when to release the gas in order to get the same speed as the person in front of me upto 20 yards, an acceptable distance, without needing to break! And depending on how much I speed, I always make sure I have enough time to steadily break on the road in front of me regardless what happens. I don't take chances.

Yet I never drive beyond speed limit when I don't have full control on the road ahead of me (and all of the roads on the sides) If I can't see something, or have no control over something or someone on the road, I drive normally. I am a consciously safe speeder.

With customers I drive extremely smooth and relaxed.

I also don't have to steer every two seconds in order to stay on the road like most women and some other men do.

I also don't get in the way of others, and time when cars and me interact so that interaction is minimal level. Overall, people just see me swoosh over the road and shrug. I don't impair anyone elses driving.

I'm awesome.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

Depends on what you would define a good driver as. I speed pretty much constantly, run red lights, text, talk on the phone, fiddle with my ipod, eat, etc...but I've never been in an accident before. So am I a good driver? Nah, probably not. Am I good at driving? Yeah.

This is all in good weather though. I'm a lot more careful in the rain/snow.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Years of not getting speeding tickets, years of getting where I want to go quickly, and years of not having accidents or causing them.
    Admit it, you drive like a turtle walks dontcha?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hell, yes; and hell, I'm a good driver.
    Pumpkin, you wrecked my car three times last year.