User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy26 View Post
    I'll let you know when I figure out how to hack life. Might have something to do with God but I'm not gonna take any chances with that just yet.
    There is no Humpty Dumpty and there is no God, none, not one, no God and there never was!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    SEXY

Solely stereotypically I'd say, that INTP's would have the driving skills, but they may have their heads in the clouds sometimes.
    (removed)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Solely stereotypically I'd say, that INTP's would have the driving skills, but they may have their heads in the clouds sometimes.
    Better view from up there though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

People are generally terrified when I'm at the wheel. I'm constantly zoning out, ignore the speedometer(either going too fast or slow), get distracting with changing music, break traffic laws when I think I can get away with it, and get aggressive when people are in front of me(I hate being behind someone). But I've never had a ticket or an accident, though I've had some close calls with both. I would call myself a bad driver with a heaping of luck.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

My head is NOT in the clouds.

It is up in space, perhaps on Luna.

Anyway, all INTPs that I know are good drivers.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

I think INTP we are great defensive drivers. I like to understand potentially dangerous situations and be ready for a split second decision to swerve, change lanes, brake or accelerate.

I tend to view driving as piloting. Everyone else is stressed out, in a rush, or eating french fries (:

I also like to look at lady drivers and pick out the sexy ones a block away only to laugh in surprise when they appear 30 years older than I thought !

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Those who have trouble focusing on the details of their physical environment may tend to have trouble with driving, as driving requires a significant amount of attention to signs, other cars, the turns in the road, etc.

NPs (especially ENPs) tend to have a lot of trouble focusing on the details of their physical environment, as Ne lends itself to holistic assumptions based on a few loose hunches and focuses more on imagined possibilities than immediate concrete and tangible sensory input. Thus, through sheer lack of focus, Ne-ers may have a hard time gauging the spacial relationships of the present reality.

That being said, it's safe to speculate, from a typological standpoint, that NPs (INTPs included) may have trouble with driving.

I know that I personally often find myself spacing out while driving because the experience in my car is not mentally stimulating enough, so my mind drifts off to some other place. My mental drifts have certainly lead to drifts into the other lane or straight through red-lights. I've even found myself driving 10 miles past my intended destination because I'm thinking about how much fun I'll be having once I reach my destination, rather than the steps I need to take to actually get there...

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't buy it. I'm as N as the next guy and I drive around in a labyrinthian small city with narrow streets with parked cars everywhere alternate with freeway-like road...so...variety...and I love and drive pretty well I think.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

^Generalities based on abstract speculation vs. an individual case

The theory may not apply to you, and it doesn't have to for you to be an Ne-er or for the theory to be reasonable.

It's speculative and generalized, so one wouldn't expect it to hold true for 100% of Ne-ers...

If your argument, based on one case, is valid, then it would logically follow that my argument that says I'm an Ne-er who's bad at driving, thus Ne-ers in general are bad drivers, is just as valid for you. So why don't you see worth in the personal anecdote that I stated in my previous post as sufficient evidence for NPs being bad drivers?

Oh, that's right. Because one individual case holds no credibility for a theory regarding general trends...

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    ^Generalities based on abstract speculation vs. an individual case

The theory may not apply to you, and it doesn't have to for you to be an Ne-er or for the theory to be reasonable.

It's speculative and generalized, so one wouldn't expect it to hold true for 100% of Ne-ers...
    Okay. You win. But that applies to every single unproven theory in the world I'm afraid...I just think I'm head-in-the-clouds enough to relate to the average NP in that way (cause yeah...I don't look at road signs n shit that much really...I just look at my surroundings very holistically and ) to know if that were the case.