• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How many girls can an INTP juggle at once?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Maybe in England. I grew up with a lot of pressure to be extroverted and a lot of shaming because I wasn't.

I do think introversion and extroversion determined largely by the way the brain itself is wired, I think this independent of MBTI.

I can't agree with this.

Yes and if you were a Feeler, like my husband, you would feel the stress and strain of exterting a facade at work etc.

But when introverts pretend to be extroverts, there will always be a certain level of energy expended that drains one. Unless one is not introverted.

I've lived large parts of my life, gone to school, worked and have friends and family in 1 Latin and 1 Anglo-Saxon country, and have a whole lifetime of firsthand experience which completely proves that cultural norms affect what kind of behaviour introverts and extraverts will exhibit.

I know many INTX's in Latin coutnries and on this forum many people would consider them ENXX's. I know Latins who are into MBTI who also know anglo saxon culture, and agree.

If you just want to ignore that and keep starting your theory at me there is no more I can do, but I will correct you when I think you are mistyping/hastily typing someone.

I rarely speak to people like this but it's got to the point where I don't see how else to make myself understood.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
I agree with the cultural thing. Really, it's major party this party that. Kiss on the cheek here, kiss on the cheek there sort of stuff that I'm just not really that into.

However, around Americans here, I was recently the "man about town".

heart

heart on fire
I've lived large parts of my life, gone to school, worked and have friends and family in 1 Latin and 1 Anglo-Saxon country, and have a whole lifetime of firsthand experience which completely proves that cultural norms affect what kind of behaviour introverts and extraverts will exhibit.

I know many INTX's in Latin coutnries and on this forum many people would consider them ENXX's. I know Latins who are into MBTI who also know anglo saxon culture, and agree.

If you just want to ignore that and keep starting your theory at me there is no more I can do, but I will correct you when I think you are mistyping/hastily typing someone.

I rarely speak to people like this but it's got to the point where I don't see how else to make myself understood.

I've been spoken to a whole lot harsher than this so don't worry about it.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The problem is, how do you prove that?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Why juggle? I've been experimenting with a triad (the two girls, ESTP & ENFJ, are dating each other as well) and it is going swimmingly. I'm not sure if I would ever consider seriously dating two different women without them dating each other.

*Note - I've had a situation where there was potential with three different women at the same time, but it quickly turned into me choosing one and moving forward. I don't care much for limbo.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
*Note - I've had a situation where there was potential with three different women at the same time, but it quickly turned into me choosing one and moving forward. I don't care much for limbo.

This, pretty much. I've had my eye on two girls at the same time, but once another girl came along and wanted to be in an exclusive relationship, I promptly cut ties with the others. I'm "all or nothing" when it comes to emotional investment. I can't spread myself out to more than one partner like that. Kinda why emotional infidelity is impossible for me.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
Why juggle? I've been experimenting with a triad (the two girls, ESTP & ENFJ, are dating each other as well) and it is going swimmingly. I'm not sure if I would ever consider seriously dating two different women without them dating each other.
This would be heaven !! Lucky guy !

Just think, you guys (well, guys and girls) could get so much done in life together :)

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP

My mind is still spinning over this scenario and I'm thinking. Wow, you could have twice as many babies in half the time !! Talk about locking in the deal!

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I've been spoken to a whole lot harsher than this so don't worry about it.

I'm sure you have but it's not my style. ;)

The problem is, how do you prove that?

MBTI itself is "unproven" so I don't really see that as a problem in this context.

what I am saying is internally coherent, matches with my understanding of the dialectical interrelationship between culture and the individual, and most importantly matches with my experience and all the evidence I have seen, so therefore I am happy with it, and I am confident that if someone looks seriously into it they will reach the same conclusion as me. :D

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sure you have but it's not my style. ;)

MBTI itself is "unproven" so I don't really see that as a problem in this context.
We are acting upon the idea that it is for the sake of exploration.

what I am saying is internally coherent, matches with my understanding of the dialectical interrelationship between culture and the individual, and most importantly matches with my experience and all the evidence I have seen, so therefore I am happy with it, and I am confident that if someone looks seriously into it they will reach the same conclusion as me. :D

Your personal experience? Anecdotal evidence?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
We are acting upon the idea that it is for the sake of exploration.

Oh ok I didn't realize, I just took your comment at face value. I can be literal minded sometimes with what other people say to me and then ridiculously indirect with the things I say to other people.:doh: Is this an INTP fault or am I just annoying.

Your personal experience? Anecdotal evidence?

I lived a reasonable part of my life in Argentina where my family is from, and then most of it London where I grew up.

British people tend to spend less time with their friends and family. This is for all sorts of reasons: in Britain families are smaller and more spread out; people are wealthier and there is a welfare state so people are less dependent on their families and social networks and are more self-sustainable; and people are much more mobile and can move a long way away from their family, etc.

Overall. social networks and famileis are less improtant and people are more individualist, which means that children grow up less surrounded by friends and family and mroe often indoors on computers or in small groups of "friends" who you chose. In Argentina you are more dependent on keeping on good terms with your extended family (which tends to be very large), and the kids in your area in general (even if there are then friends you spend more time with).

Overall these are someone's formative years then. Both the psychological and material factors continue into adult life albeit in different forms.

This is seperate from MBTI - the same distribution of I/E, N/S, T/F and P/J operate, but within this different context which pressures people into different directions.

However it's compeltey sensible then that the INTP's and INTJ#'s I know in argentina, act differently to the ones I know in Britain despite clear underlying similarities. Because they are playing the same "role" but in a different context. This is why you cannot compare "behaviours" like "nmber of horus spent with friends" or "number of girlfriends" or whatever, across cultures.

I would have thought this to be elemental to anyone interested in psychology.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree somewhat. I, myself, am conservative...an opposite trait of my personality. I don't know how to measure these factors though...relative to the other "nurture" external factors and the natural.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh ok I didn't realize, I just took your comment at face value. I can be literal minded sometimes with what other people say to me and then ridiculously indirect with the things I say to other people.:doh: Is this an INTP fault or am I just annoying.

I lived a reasonable part of my life in Argentina where my family is from, and then most of it London where I grew up.

British people tend to spend less time with their friends and family. This is for all sorts of reasons: in Britain families are smaller and more spread out; people are wealthier and there is a welfare state so people are less dependent on their families and social networks and are more self-sustainable; and people are much more mobile and can move a long way away from their family, etc.

Overall. social networks and famileis are less improtant and people are more individualist, which means that children grow up less surrounded by friends and family and mroe often indoors on computers or in small groups of "friends" who you chose. In Argentina you are more dependent on keeping on good terms with your extended family (which tends to be very large), and the kids in your area in general (even if there are then friends you spend more time with).

Overall these are someone's formative years then. Both the psychological and material factors continue into adult life albeit in different forms.

This is seperate from MBTI - the same distribution of I/E, N/S, T/F and P/J operate, but within this different context which pressures people into different directions.

However it's compeltey sensible then that the INTP's and INTJ#'s I know in argentina, act differently to the ones I know in Britain despite clear underlying similarities. Because they are playing the same "role" but in a different context. This is why you cannot compare "behaviours" like "nmber of horus spent with friends" or "number of girlfriends" or whatever, across cultures.

I would have thought this to be elemental to anyone interested in psychology.

Have you heard of "the Grip" ?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I agree somewhat. I, myself, am conservative...an opposite trait of my personality. I don't know how to measure these factors though...relative to the other "nurture" external factors and the natural.

Neither do I. MBTI is is a personal interest of mine for my free time but I don't have the time or the means to research it more. I don't know if academics devoted to this have tried to do studies or not, but I would doubt it because MBTI remains marginal and is very centred in the English speaking countries AFAIK.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
to title:
It's one of these 'what's the sound of one hand clapping' threads, isn't it.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Depends how heavy they are :tongue:

Well I'm a straight female, so I don't tend to want to juggle romantic relationships with girls! Speaking generally though, I don't think that I'd be able to handle more than one person at a time. I have enough things on my plate with one person and the rest of my life so I don't see myself fitting another person in there. That said I'm only 18 and have much to learn. Give me 20 years and I'll tell you how many men I've got going then :newwink:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I've reached three but I'm back to two again and wanted to know if other INTP's have the habit of doing the same, and if so what their experiences have been.

Are you honest with them all? Consider your actions in name of love? or fall madly in love with the right one and suddenly forget the others exist?

I've had some pretty passionate outlashes that subsided after a few days and wonder how you survived yours ???

If this is a serious question my answer would be "Dear lord, 0" I think the average INTP has enough trouble handling 1 woman. And I got the feeling most INTPs are ony interested, and keenly interested at that, at 1 person at a time.

I have an INTP friend who is *excellent* at having multiple lovers and being very above board and communicative. Which is hard for most people (most people suck in the 'communication and honesty and respect' department when it comes to open relationships or juggling multiple lovers) But, I think she is an anomoly or perhaps she has developed/uses all her functions more.

I think the INTP who can maintain good relations with multiple lovers - that they actually like and feel genuine passion for - at any given time is an anomoly. And if those inidividual situations implode or explode or end in a fiery string of epithets and tears (and broken furniture) thrown your way that isn't "succssful".