• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How many girls can an INTP juggle at once?

heart

heart on fire
Wrong. Apart from the fact that it's impossible to type someone based ona few posts outside of any context, you're not taking into account cultural difference. I'm from a latin background and this is just the way men talk, NT's included. I talk this way with my latino friends and cousins and I can assure you I'm not ENFP.

Less FOLK, please!:nono:

Yes, it is inconsiderate but the thread is beggin' for it. I make no apologies. Yes, it is the way men talk, especially those who are overcompensating. But that's really beside the point. However, most of the INTP here joke around about this sort of a thing but are pretty honest about living in their minds and not really having the actual energy for pursuing a quad of chicks irl.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Yes, it is inconsiderate but the thread is beggin' for it. I make no apologies. Yes, it is the way men talk, especially those who are overcompensating. But that's really beside the point. However, most of the INTP here joke around about this sort of a thing but are pretty honest about living in their minds and not really having the actual energy for pursuing a quad of chicks irl.

Ok, but the cultural difference explains that.

Why not just tell him he is overcompensating, why drag MBTI into it? Are you saying you would deliberately mistype someone just to annoy them? Because my problem with that is it makes meaningful discussion of personality types, impossible.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I like the fact that an ENFP mistype is a put down, myself.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Why not just tell him he is overcompensating, why drag MBTI into it.

Telling someone you thing they are mistyped is fair game on this MBTI forum. It looks like heart is trying to make a point and be helpful and is not intending to specifically annoy. Even as a self identified INTP seducer I must admit that OP doesn't come across as the typical INTP although because of cultural and other differences he very may well be.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
Telling someone you thing they are mistyped is fair game on this MBTI forum. It looks like heart is trying to make a point and be helpful and is not intending to specifically annoy. Even as a self identified INTP seducer I must admit that OP doesn't come across as the typical INTP although because of cultural and other differences he very may well be.

I'm back, jajajaj. Actually I was glad to see the conversation continue. I felt my type was right on the money when I first did the test and then took it again to reconfirm. So for now, I still believe I'm INTP.

Yesterday I went as far as ordering the following books which I found quite well written. I can say that I am not particularly happy with the introverted side of my type as far as social settings go. Here in Mexico, everything is really social and the people appreciate the closeness.

This first book Was that really me?: how everyday ... - Google Books
taught me somethings about being "the Grip" which explained how my behavior changes but I did not see much in the way of seductive tendencies having anything to do with it. I seem to believe it has to do with me being an Aries and the fact that women are more interesting the computer programs.

The other book I ordered is Personality type: an owner's manual - Google Books and the interesting thing I can immediately think about is how much it will enable me to understand other people, women in particular so that time together could be more enjoyable.

Maybe it could be my "theoretical" age that I have decided to implement. I've been on earth 35 yrs but recently underwent some life changing events that have moved me to shift diet, careers, time alone to work ratios, sleeping habits and the works. When people started asking my age and in some cases alluding to the idea I look twenty something, I said "ah what the heck....someone somewhere said something about age being a way you feel thing...relatively". So I just conned myself into imagining what a guy at 20-25 would be thinking and worrying about (and not worrying about). I felt I missed out on somethings in life and the stuff I didn't really miss out on, I wanted to live some more of. Relationships pushing for the long haul did not appeal to me so I became more verbose on my new "age", which they rolled their eyes at me in astonishment at how I planned to believe and carry out this new role. I figured, as long as I was aware of it I didn't have to worry about any psychological maladies and if so, maybe the "healthy" side will compensate the trade.

I consider myself, "still looking" and although I have commitments (baby), find it a very "determined" state or way of surviving in world where love and caring relationships essentially enhance or degrade the journey.

Believe it or not, this thread has helped me tremendously because, if anything, I have become more assertive on my stance. There has been lots of insight and respect which I appreciate. As a bonus, I was out of town, bumped into a mysteriously sexy Gemini, got her phone number and have the raised the adrenaline levels again !

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
As a result, when an ENFP male "plays" into those natural preferences of his personality, he can find himself outside the male "establishment." Ironically, this may set him up to overcompensate and behave in ways atypical for ENFPs -- to be, for example, competitive or overly argumentative.
I actually do feel outside the male "establishment" in a normal sense I guess. I mean, you wouldn't see me hanging out playing pool with the guys in a hall without any women around. I would find it pointless. The norm around here is drinking on the tailgate of a pickup, whistling as a girl drives by but none of the fancy stuff I would read about on Love Systems or other dating websites that help men sort of improve their confidence with tips on how to hold a conversation, eye contact, body language and the sort. In my experience, women are screaming for this attention because they get bored or feel unattended when the spend all their time and patience fixing themselves up. I'm here to congratulate them in a sense and let them know how gorgeous they look and how interested I am in knowing more about them. This is sincere.

So as for "overcompensate", I'm sort of listening to the statement and lifting my shoulders like saying... "what are they talking about...." - competitive seems the closest but that would be more like trying to get this girl or that girl that is walking with that guy or trying to have a better looking one on my arm when I walk by. I really do not see it that way. It's more like, wow that girl is awesome (how can I build up the confidence to talk to her: more like a dream you know) or a simple casual conversation with a girl that isn't so hot but has nice smile, certain way about her that would make me appreciate the sensitivity. I've trained myself to see the beauty in all women, ages, dress type and feel it is all part of equipping myself with the knowledge or experience in making firsthand logical decisions for my future whenever it arrives. So overcompensate does not seem to fit the case unless it meant overcompensating for a perceived weakness or something. In that case, yes, I'm not too happy that my belly hasn't quite disappeared but I address that directly with exercise. I'm not happy with my income, mainly because I want to have more cash to take more women out, etc, etc.... so the question is overcompensate for what? The above quote mentions the word "plays" into.... could this mean the unique way I find myself chasing after women when in my opinion it is more adrenaline based then anything. I feel the adrenaline is natural and all part of the initial nervousness of embarking on the unknown, no ?

heart

heart on fire

Why not just tell him he is overcompensating, why drag MBTI into it? Are you saying you would deliberately mistype someone just to annoy them? Because my problem with that is it makes meaningful discussion of personality types, impossible.

He is the one who brought MBTI into it. I don't think anyone's culture will turn a introvert into an extrovert. What I am saying is, that if he is accurately reporting his behavior here, I am having trouble seeing him as a INP, that's all.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I don't think anyone's culture will turn a introvert into an extrovert.

You'd be surprised. Most Latin American introverts I know would be considered extravertes by Anglo-Saxon standards. Only very few are "strong I".

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Telling someone you thing they are mistyped is fair game on this MBTI forum.

It might be "fair game" but it still hurts my brain to read such things.

heart

heart on fire
You'd be surprised. Most Latin American introverts I know would be considered extravertes by Anglo-Saxon standards. Only very few are "strong I".

So they spend their lives drained because their culture demands it? :huh:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
So they spend their lives drained because their culture demands it? :huh:

I think maybe you have a very deterministic view of MBTI.

For example the strength of your introversion isn't purely "personal", much less a predetermined biological fact. It is of course very cultural. Anglo-Saxon cultures encourage introverted behaviour. A lot of people who think it's completely natural to be as introverted as they are, if they had grown up in a culture where you constantly have large families visiting you all the time, to give just one example, would not be as introverted as they are, nor think it natural to be.

Likewise with many things. For example I think its "natural" to be as T as I am, but obviosuly being a male, this has been socially constructed to a certain extent.

In short - MBTI explains the functions but the end result is hugely varied according to culture.

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
If by "juggle" you mean unknowingly seduced... I think my number is about three... maybe four... according to my roommate.

If by "juggle" you mean honestly and truly made an effort to be around them, I'd have to say one, at most.

If by "juggle" you mean the action of throwing and catching, none, as of now, but I'm sure I could dream up some blueprints for an anti-gravity machine that would make it possible and then maybe, sorta, will-do-it-soon-I-promise [read:never] hire people to build it for me.

I don't really understand why you would want to juggle relationships. In all I find them a lot of work, and a lot of messing around with that silly Feeling function that makes me uncomfortable. Not to mention it's as if your life becomes more scheduled and cramped what with all the coupley stuff you most likely will have to do (unless you're fuck buddies and all parties agree with that label... then it's okay and carry on). That thought alone makes me want to cringe. While I enjoy going out every once in a while, at the end of the day I'm introvert. I LIKE my alone time, and if anything detracts from that, then I'd probably drop it very quickly.

Then again, I'm an INTP female, talking about males, so I suppose I can't really relate that much.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If by "juggle" you mean unknowingly seduced... I think my number is about three... maybe four... according to my roommate.

If by "juggle" you mean honestly and truly made an effort to be around them, I'd have to say one, at most.

If by "juggle" you mean the action of throwing and catching, none, as of now, but I'm sure I could dream up some blueprints for an anti-gravity machine that would make it possible and then maybe, sorta, will-do-it-soon-I-promise [read:never] hire people to build it for me.

I don't really understand why you would want to juggle relationships. In all I find them a lot of work, and a lot of messing around with that silly Feeling function that makes me uncomfortable. Not to mention it's as if your life becomes more scheduled and cramped what with all the coupley stuff you most likely will have to do (unless you're fuck buddies and all parties agree with that label... then it's okay and carry on). That thought alone makes me want to cringe. While I enjoy going out every once in a while, at the end of the day I'm introvert. I LIKE my alone time, and if anything detracts from that, then I'd probably drop it very quickly.

Then again, I'm an INTP female, talking about males, so I suppose I can't really relate that much.

Despite your closing disclaimer, I agree with virtually every sentence of this, from the unknowingly seducing people (and being told secondhand) to the strong need for alone time. The only thing I disagree with is the thought of coupley things making me totally cringe. I think they sound nice, even if they are frequent, but I also know that it wouldn't be long before I'd need to cut back on that kind of stuff (though not necessarily stop altogether).

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hmm, good points about unknowingly seducing others...maybe there should be a disclaimer to others that says, "If you ever have a positive social experience with an INTP, it was probably an accident."

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's sort of true. The last romantic relationship I had I didn't realize was a romantic relationship until the making out started. I was like "What? When did this happen?"

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was recently informed I was married with a baby.

Who knew?

heart

heart on fire
I think maybe you have a very deterministic view of MBTI.

For example the strength of your introversion isn't purely "personal", much less a predetermined biological fact. It is of course very cultural. Anglo-Saxon cultures encourage introverted behaviour.

Maybe in England. I grew up with a lot of pressure to be extroverted and a lot of shaming because I wasn't.

I do think introversion and extroversion determined largely by the way the brain itself is wired, I think this independent of MBTI.

A lot of people who think it's completely natural to be as introverted as they are, if they had grown up in a culture where you constantly have large families visiting you all the time, to give just one example, would not be as introverted as they are, nor think it natural to be.

I can't agree with this.

Likewise with many things. For example I think its "natural" to be as T as I am, but obviosuly being a male, this has been socially constructed to a certain extent.

Yes and if you were a Feeler, like my husband, you would feel the stress and strain of exterting a facade at work etc.

In short - MBTI explains the functions but the end result is hugely varied according to culture.

But when introverts pretend to be extroverts, there will always be a certain level of energy expended that drains one. Unless one is not introverted.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Unique

Hmm, good points about unknowingly seducing others...maybe there should be a disclaimer to others that says, "If you ever have a positive social experience with an INTP, it was probably an accident."

lol this is so true. reminds me of my ex