• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How many girls can an INTP juggle at once?

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol how do you get any alone time doing this being an IN

olly_olly

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Dang, you have potential !!!! What's your sign by the way? Just wondering if you're a fellow Aries. They say Casanova and Hugh Hefner are Aries.

I'm sorry my friend but I am actually a Pisces:yes:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So, I'm reading all of this crap and I'm wondering a few things.

Is this person real or is this just a lot of BS?

If this is actually real, is this a person who was hurt and taking it out on others or unsuccessful with women when he was younger and trying to make it up now by proving how desirable he is?

:rolli::frown:

^Exactly my thought.

Does anyone actually see INTP? "What sign are you?" Srsly?

It's possible it's "now I'm da man" thing going on because "I was a dork" for so long. But the rest of it just doesn't work either.

Unique

I love how all the REAL INTPs in this thread are making cute abstract jokes =P

Also... I'm not a typical "geek" INTP and I'd never have the energy to do this... I wouldn't want to anyway, one deep and meaningful relationship would be ideal for me

As an INTP how could you only care about several shallow, emotionally draining, sex driven relationships?

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
As an INTP how could you only care about several shallow, emotionally draining, sex driven relationships?

Sounds like a bore, doesn't it? :alttongue:

Sorry, sorry, I apologize for my sarcasm. I don't really want to contribute anything useful to this thread though, as it is a silly subject and the ever serious Shimmy wants it to go away from our collective memories.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
Maquix - Maybe I missed it in your long, confusing, and sometimes illogical posts, but could you give a straight yes or no answer as to WHETHER THEY KNOW AND ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE DATING OTHER WOMEN AT THE SAME TIME?

And you are SOOO ENTP.
The long and confusing posts contain logic sweety, just look a little deeper and consider the dual meaning I intentionally add in. There are many possibilities so I do not fix myself into a particular framework because tomorrow I may make some adjustments depending on the weather, my mood, economics, look in the mirror and more.

As for the straight yes or no. Well, with some it's mostly a neither one because I essentially take the fifth and assert my rights to privacy and explain that I do not to disclose things I do not wish to. Do they know? Well of course they know. Women do things on purpose to figure things out on their own, like leaving clues in your house and such. For example, one may "accidentally" leave her earrings on the dresser, hair clip in the restroom, bring a flower pot over or even call when their intuition tells them that I'm with someone.

These are things that I had to learn in the process and identify patterns within each person. Now, I toss the jewelry in a drawer in the living room and simply explain that I put them there to avoid having them lost while a smirk on her face confirms that I'm full of it and simply putting it there to keep the "other one" from seeing it.

Its start to build on a become a lot more intricate than that. Keep in mind that I do allow myself to fall in love so it's not like I'm this asshole that doesn't care ok. I talk to them about life, help them believe in their goals, call them, pamper them with kisses and remind them to focus on the moment and put their jealousy in check.

What I've noticed is that it's very important to follow your heart in these things and let them do what they want to do. If one minute they storm out of the house pissed and in a rage. Let them go. Call them the next morning or send them an email.

I have this theory.

It goes for men and women. The women one is essentially, that they all "forgive", or get over it sooner or later. For some it's within 10 minutes, others are 2 hours, others maybe 12 hours. If Miss, "I'm really pissed now" wants to make it a 2 day thing, well she soons finds out that she is missing out on a cool friendship and that maybe her fit is silly in the long run. She decides that she's gonna give me another "chance" and there goes the cycle again. Men are the same way. We just operate on a bigger cycle.

We forgive maybe:

10 hours, 2 days, 12 days or a month or so. We eventually forgive after all the anger and other feelings subside and realize that things are not bad after all.

My rule of thumb. I heard this from a Vicente Fernandez song (Mexican Mariachi singer) he say's "Don't cry to her, don't cry to her. A good rancher needs two things. A good ole lady, and a good ole mule. May the mule not be too old, and ole lady not be a mule".

I summarize that women have dual facets. Some people may think that he's talking about two different people. And maybe he is for those that want to. Others may see into and conclude that, like me, in all actuality it's really one person. The issue is this. If your lady is a mule and she wants to continue being a mule, well let her do her own thing, run the wild, make her noise and get old. If a mans supposed to learn anything here is, that he takes the high road. That he shows that until he is ready and decides that "this lady or that one" is a full grown stallion and he is ready to ride her on out into the sunset... then he does. And of course she has a choice. She can find herself another rider mount him up, guide his course and cross her fingers that the journey will be everything and more than she expected !

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
Thats kinda the rub.

Push comes to shove we can juggle. In fact at one point juggling seems easier to us than committing heart and soul to one. Before we do it we think up a crazy strategy on how we can do it. Seduction is however one of the areas where you have to put in a substantial amount of time in the field to prove your theories.

After awhile it gets a bit tiring and a bit old so we alter the strategy and tactics up the anti and perhaps add another to spice it up on some level. Finally we either burn out or start neglecting other areas in life and simply bail out.

The hanger ons slowly stop calling and then we find ourselves alone. At first we don't care and enjoy it. After awhile we still don't care but get a little anxious because we are a little more rusty than we thought and the phone number jar is stale. We know if we actually wait to the point where we are desperate then we will be our own worst enemy in the field.

The game is not as easy when you have not worked your way into the eye of the storm. You look in the mirror and notice your not as pretty as the last round, yet you still see potential. You dust off your coat, review your notes, walk out the door, put on your game face and thus it begins again...slugish but slowly gaining momentum.

I agree. It surely beats being at home alone without surprise visits and all the excitement !

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
Okay. I wasn't specific enough. The guy knows the woman wants an exclusive relationship and a commitment, but she won't ask for what she wants because she lacks confidence, etc. The guy takes advantage of her insecurity/naivety by just doing hat he wants without regard for her feelings. It's selfish and unkind, IMO.
The man is also putting his heart out there. One thing I have noticed is that I'm not really the "have sex" guy. I have to make love in order to have any staying power and make it worthwhile, enjoyable and something I can allow to grow. I've told my mates this. That I'm not into having "sex" per se and need to make love.

So the issue is this. How can I be selfish and unkind if I am also putting my feelings out there in this manner?

If in the heat moments I assure myself that I want this person in my life forever that maybe the case. Until something happens that makes me feel the contrary. Why should I have to keep an emotion that fades away just because? If I fall in love and feel the same with another person then maybe I just have a big heart and the capacity to love endlessly. I don't know, but I can tell you that I care about them dearly and on the contrary, feel very much like they are the selfish ones, especially when they seem like all they want is to possess me and feel like they have rights to decide what I do with my life when all the while I do not boss them around with theirs.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
You really froze me with this one. But, I do have a quite logical response, really.

You see, most humans are not really shallow but rather deep in their own unique way. Of course, we tend to gravitate to those that share our interests and all that but there really is a whole world out there within each and everyone of us.

I'm like an explorer. I like to imagine and believe in all the stuff in Hollywood movies because to some extent, they can exist in someones life somewhere.

Yes, sex is important but at the same time so magically capable of dissipating any "emotional drain" that could develop. Believe me, I get my rest. Take siestas almost everyday from about 11-1pm or from 2-4pm and even though emotional fatigue works its way into our bodies, I still view it as a mind thing. Sex is both so why not allow it to works its way into our daily schedules and do it's magic with one, two or even three partners that love you see the truth in your eyes.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most are lucky to have one to juggle in the first place.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The man is also putting his heart out there. One thing I have noticed is that I'm not really the "have sex" guy. I have to make love in order to have any staying power and make it worthwhile, enjoyable and something I can allow to grow. I've told my mates this. That I'm not into having "sex" per se and need to make love.

So the issue is this. How can I be selfish and unkind if I am also putting my feelings out there in this manner?

If in the heat moments I assure myself that I want this person in my life forever that maybe the case. Until something happens that makes me feel the contrary. Why should I have to keep an emotion that fades away just because? If I fall in love and feel the same with another person then maybe I just have a big heart and the capacity to love endlessly. I don't know, but I can tell you that I care about them dearly and on the contrary, feel very much like they are the selfish ones, especially when they seem like all they want is to possess me and feel like they have rights to decide what I do with my life when all the while I do not boss them around with theirs.
The problem from my perspective is not that the women you are seeing want an exclusive relationship, nor that you want open relationships.

The problem is having an open relationship with someone that wants an exclusive relationship. If that is what you want, and you truly care about the women you involve yourself with, it seems to me that instead of seeing women who want exclusive relationships (and maybe a commitment and to eventually settle down together, I'm guessing) you would involve yourself with women who want open relationships.

There are women out there for whom the arrangement you are describing would be ideal, for instance if they are focused on their career and they don't have a lot of time to invest in a relationship or they already have the life they want well-established and a partner does not fit into that life.

Why not pursue women like that instead of women to whom you don't have the ability or the desire to provide the kind of relationship they want?

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
So, I'm reading all of this crap and I'm wondering a few things.

Is this person real or is this just a lot of BS?

If this is actually real, is this a person who was hurt and taking it out on others or unsuccessful with women when he was younger and trying to make it up now by proving how desirable he is?

:rolli::frown:
Yup I'm real. Actually not really surprised someone would say that.

Of course I've been hurt. These relationships hurt but also renew and teach you about love and how sometimes the ones that want more need that much more to learn in order to wisk you away. I wasn't really unsuccesful with women being that at 15 yrs. I purchased my first car and picked up girls fairly easily. I'm not really that shallow as in wanting to prove something now because who would I really want to prove it to. I do however see other women that I wouldn't mind getting to know but they are generally either married or hard to get to since my recent laid back lifestyle moved me into another category for now. I look about 27 or so when I'm really 35 and that makes it sort of difficult because now I'm attracted to older women on the long or short term and smart younger ones for the adventure that could turn into the real one.

Older women all of sudden tend to be pretty tiring though so I'm understanding that I may need to delve a little more into younger ages. I'm in Mexico though so you also need to understand that we have lots and lots of women here that are very traditional while the modern ones may already be tired of their boring husbands. I also like to understand that most of the world is embarking on a new sexual revolution due to the major changes in the economy. Sort of the same cycle we had back in the days. Do I want to miss out on this when divorce rates are skyrocketing and my chances of meeting the best of the best are finally dropping the baggage and renewing themselves, hell no. I'm on a renewal path myself with exercises and healthy eating as a priority in life with work last on the list. I'm real and simply getting warmed up.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
The problem from my perspective is not that the women you are seeing want an exclusive relationship, nor that you want open relationships.

The problem is having an open relationship with someone that wants an exclusive relationship. If that is what you want, and you truly care about the women you involve yourself with, it seems to me that instead of seeing women who want exclusive relationships (and maybe a commitment and to eventually settle down together, I'm guessing) you would involve yourself with women who want open relationships.

There are women out there for whom the arrangement you are describing would be ideal, for instance if they are focused on their career and they don't have a lot of time to invest in a relationship or they already have the life they want well-established and a partner does not fit into that life.

Why not pursue women like that instead of women to whom you don't have the ability or the desire to provide the kind of relationship they want?

Well because that is how it all started :)

They said or implied that they didn't care for boyfriend/girlfriend stuff... marriage and the like. But things evolve you know. Think about. Do women really get into a relationship that does not have the possibilities to evolve into something more, later on down the road?

And it's not like I do not think the same. I actually wouldn't mind having this or that relationship last forever. Things can generally be pretty good when we keep the pressure on the pedal and cruise along. It's when relationships grow stale that adding spice to your life awakens everyone in the kitchen!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Any other type besides INTP seems more likely for you now.

What is it about ENFJ that doesn't match you better than INTP? Or ISFP even? For example.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I agree. It surely beats being at home alone without surprise visits and all the excitement !

Beats being alone? Enjoy surprise visits? Need for excitement? And INTP?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My vote is ExxP

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well because that is how it all started :)

They said or implied that they didn't care for boyfriend/girlfriend stuff... marriage and the like. But things evolve you know. Think about. Do women really get into a relationship that does not have the possibilities to evolve into something more, later on down the road?

And it's not like I do not think the same. I actually wouldn't mind having this or that relationship last forever. Things can generally be pretty good when we keep the pressure on the pedal and cruise along. It's when relationships grow stale that adding spice to your life awakens everyone in the kitchen!

I don't know if women really get into relationships that have no possibility to evolve into something more down the road. It seems like a possibility. I think you could probably find some of them at INTP central.

I guess it's difficult to understand how, when a woman's expectations do change and she wants more, that you can just cruise along knowing you have no intentions of ever meeting those expectations, knowing that she is unhappy and wasting time in, what from her perspective is, a dead-end relationship. How can you be happy knowing that you are making a loved one unhappy for your own benefit? I could see if there were children or property or even politics involved. But the only thing truly at stake are emotions and pleasure and your good feelings are coming, for all intents and purposes, at her expense. So why would you not move on?

You want to make this about the woman wanting something that you find unreasonable, but it's not unreasonable and if it was, it wouldn't matter. You want what you want, you know? You want an open relationship. The woman no longer wants an open relationship. Why does what you want trump what she wants? If you can't give her what she wants then why continue?

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know if women really get into relationships that have no possibility to evolve into something more down the road. It seems like a possibility. I think you could probably find some of them at INTP central.

I guess it's difficult to understand how, when a woman's expectations do change and she wants more, that you can just cruise along knowing you have no intentions of ever meeting those expectations, knowing that she is unhappy and wasting time in, what from her perspective is, a dead-end relationship. How can you be happy knowing that you are making a loved one unhappy for your own benefit? I could see if there were children or property or even politics involved. But the only thing truly at stake are emotions and pleasure and your good feelings are coming, for all intents and purposes, at her expense. So why would you not move on?

You want to make this about the woman wanting something that you find unreasonable, but it's not unreasonable and if it was, it wouldn't matter. You want what you want, you know? You want an open relationship. The woman no longer wants an open relationship. Why does what you want trump what she wants? If you can't give her what she wants then why continue?

You're correct. The fact of the matter is that it becomes very hard to give up something you love. And even when you do, sometimes you want back what you had and feel great that the person is still there to love you again all over again.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
The guy I knew to juggle many girls at a time was an ENFP.

For me... if there is more than one guy in my life at a time I'm romantically involved with... I am wayyyy too emotionally stressed out. I can't handle it. I need emotional stability in my life.