• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How many girls can an INTP juggle at once?

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
The commitment part seems to me like a weak way of saying "please don't look at anyone else except me, ok".

That's an interesting interpretation. I always thought the technicality was "You can look, but don't touch." It signifies that you're focusing on getting to know someone without involving outside complications that multiple people bring into the picture.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, like living in a world outside of realities. Looking soon turns into, talk but don't touch. Laugh but don't touch, etc, etc....
gee, imagine having to turn off your sensual responses to half of the human race so that someone can feel better about themselves. Forget it.

I once told my INFJ, "If you think I'm shutting myself down to 50% of the human race then you are crazy !!"

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Out of curiosity, why would it matter to you that the "player" be very up front with all the "targets" he involves himself with. Shouldn't it be sufficient that he is sincere with you, IF you happen to corner him into even asking.

And as for a guy that tells a girl that. Well he obviously is lacking tact. Why would he get into a philosophical conversation that alludes to his unbalanced moral conscience in regard to what he is doing in the first place?

*snip*

I believe the don't ask don't tell approach keeps things where they need to be at the beginning of a relationship. The complexities of past, present relationships would only serve to damage or confuse the relationship you are in the process of creating. It's a Catch 22 because who says you even want to go that far with the person you are just getting to know in an intimate way.
It matters to me because I don't like to see people being hurt. A lot of guys know damn well that the women they are involving themselves with would like to have a long term relationship and they just string them along because the woman is vulnerable or naive and lets them do it. Just because you can get by with doing something doesn't mean it's a good thing to do. I find it highly distasteful. I guess I'm not of the 'buyer beware' mindset when it comes to human interactions.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
It matters to me because I don't like to see people being hurt. A lot of guys know damn well that the women they are involving themselves with would like to have a long term relationship and they just string them along because the woman is vulnerable or naive and lets them do it. Just because you can get by with doing something doesn't mean it's a good thing to do. I find it highly distasteful. I guess I'm not of the 'buyer beware' mindset when it comes to human interactions.
Believe me, the guys want the long term relationships. They just don't care for the nagging, exclusivity rights, spying and sabotage. It's hard for a women to enter into this type of playing field so she is generally saying. Look, don't make it hard for me. "I understand your need for freedom but I'm not like you and want to be only with you..." So I essentially read between the lines and say without any words. Don't worry, you have me. But..... sort of need to share me when I'm away or not answering my phone.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Believe me, the guys want the long term relationships. They just don't care for the nagging, exclusivity rights, spying and sabotage. It's hard for a women to enter into this type of playing field so she is generally saying. Look, don't make it hard for me. "I understand your need for freedom but I'm not like you and want to be only with you..." So I essentially read between the lines and say without any words. Don't worry, you have me. But..... sort of need to share me when I'm away or not answering my phone.
Okay. I wasn't specific enough. The guy knows the woman wants an exclusive relationship and a commitment, but she won't ask for what she wants because she lacks confidence, etc. The guy takes advantage of her insecurity/naivety by just doing hat he wants without regard for her feelings. It's selfish and unkind, IMO.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Believe me, the guys want the long term relationships. They just don't care for the nagging, exclusivity rights...

LOL, stop right there...classic. We are OK with the LTR just none of the responsibilities thereof such as monogamy...or at least our monogamy. It really makes sense if one thinks about it...as long as she doesn't catch something and pass it on.:D

Seriously there are a lot of women who just want to have fun too. All of this 'I thought a relationship would just naturally develop' despite the expectation management disclaimer is simply just ASD.

heart

heart on fire
Juggling many lovers long term seems mighty ambitious for any INP. I mean it's just a lot of work. Do many INP really enjoy working that hard? :huh:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Juggling many lovers long term seems mighty ambitious for any INP. I mean it's just a lot of work. Do many INP really enjoy working that hard? :huh:

If anyone can do it, an INTP can!

heart

heart on fire
If anyone can do it, an INTP can!

It's not the ability that is in question but rather the will to expend the energy.

But like the guy said several posts up, is this is just a theory/fanatsy question to impress? Yes, that sounds more INP to me.

OR maybe this means that the INTP keeps several messenger boxes open with many girls who he has never met in the flesh, that I could buy.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Thats kinda the rub.

Push comes to shove we can juggle. In fact at one point juggling seems easier to us than committing heart and soul to one. Before we do it we think up a crazy strategy on how we can do it. Seduction is however one of the areas where you have to put in a substantial amount of time in the field to prove your theories.

After awhile it gets a bit tiring and a bit old so we alter the strategy and tactics up the anti and perhaps add another to spice it up on some level. Finally we either burn out or start neglecting other areas in life and simply bail out.

The hanger ons slowly stop calling and then we find ourselves alone. At first we don't care and enjoy it. After awhile we still don't care but get a little anxious because we are a little more rusty than we thought and the phone number jar is stale. We know if we actually wait to the point where we are desperate then we will be our own worst enemy in the field.

The game is not as easy when you have not worked your way into the eye of the storm. You look in the mirror and notice your not as pretty as the last round, yet you still see potential. You dust off your coat, review your notes, walk out the door, put on your game face and thus it begins again...slugish but slowly gaining momentum.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
Well if you're smart, you figure out ways to let the women do all the work ;)

think2much

MBTI Type
intp

yea, I have hard time dealing with one. Maby very FEW INTP who can fully understand the "game" can do it well. I choose not to deal with that stress..... I tried and realize it takes a lot of mental to seduce a woman and crap load of patience.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well if you're smart, you figure out ways to let the women do all the work ;)

So, I'm reading all of this crap and I'm wondering a few things.

Is this person real or is this just a lot of BS?

If this is actually real, is this a person who was hurt and taking it out on others or unsuccessful with women when he was younger and trying to make it up now by proving how desirable he is?

:rolli::frown:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For theory purposes, let's assume that an INTP is seeking knowledge on women...

I would say that type of knowledge would be better to be categorized at a different type, an extroverted feeler for example.

A Thinker, more so the INTP, prefers the more systematical aspects of life. That is why many of them excel and thrive in the realm of mathematics.

He begins to understand life after a divorce, losing a child, near death experiences, economic cycles and world events. Well, this knowledge seeking is still there but it creates a thread on human emotions.

Preference in studying human emotions will never be natural for the INTP. They could include it into their philosophical system but they will learn only what is needed, then they would move on to more logic.

The world of people, sensation, feelings, and organization is not their food. Only some of it is necessary.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Maquix - Maybe I missed it in your long, confusing, and sometimes illogical posts, but could you give a straight yes or no answer as to WHETHER THEY KNOW AND ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE DATING OTHER WOMEN AT THE SAME TIME?

And you are SOOO ENTP.