User Tag List

First 816171819 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

[QUOTE=Craft;1134292]
    We are acting upon the idea that it is for the sake of exploration.
    Oh ok I didn't realize, I just took your comment at face value. I can be literal minded sometimes with what other people say to me and then ridiculously indirect with the things I say to other people. Is this an INTP fault or am I just annoying.

Your personal experience? Anecdotal evidence?
    I lived a reasonable part of my life in Argentina where my family is from, and then most of it London where I grew up.

British people tend to spend less time with their friends and family. This is for all sorts of reasons: in Britain families are smaller and more spread out; people are wealthier and there is a welfare state so people are less dependent on their families and social networks and are more self-sustainable; and people are much more mobile and can move a long way away from their family, etc.

Overall. social networks and famileis are less improtant and people are more individualist, which means that children grow up less surrounded by friends and family and mroe often indoors on computers or in small groups of "friends" who you chose. In Argentina you are more dependent on keeping on good terms with your extended family (which tends to be very large), and the kids in your area in general (even if there are then friends you spend more time with).

Overall these are someone's formative years then. Both the psychological and material factors continue into adult life albeit in different forms.

This is seperate from MBTI - the same distribution of I/E, N/S, T/F and P/J operate, but within this different context which pressures people into different directions.

However it's compeltey sensible then that the INTP's and INTJ#'s I know in argentina, act differently to the ones I know in Britain despite clear underlying similarities. Because they are playing the same "role" but in a different context. This is why you cannot compare "behaviours" like "nmber of horus spent with friends" or "number of girlfriends" or whatever, across cultures.

I would have thought this to be elemental to anyone interested in psychology.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I agree somewhat. I, myself, am conservative...an opposite trait of my personality. I don't know how to measure these factors though...relative to the other "nurture" external factors and the natural.

MBTI
    INTP

[QUOTE=tcda;1134371]
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post

Oh ok I didn't realize, I just took your comment at face value. I can be literal minded sometimes with what other people say to me and then ridiculously indirect with the things I say to other people. Is this an INTP fault or am I just annoying.

I lived a reasonable part of my life in Argentina where my family is from, and then most of it London where I grew up.

British people tend to spend less time with their friends and family. This is for all sorts of reasons: in Britain families are smaller and more spread out; people are wealthier and there is a welfare state so people are less dependent on their families and social networks and are more self-sustainable; and people are much more mobile and can move a long way away from their family, etc.

Overall. social networks and famileis are less improtant and people are more individualist, which means that children grow up less surrounded by friends and family and mroe often indoors on computers or in small groups of "friends" who you chose. In Argentina you are more dependent on keeping on good terms with your extended family (which tends to be very large), and the kids in your area in general (even if there are then friends you spend more time with).

Overall these are someone's formative years then. Both the psychological and material factors continue into adult life albeit in different forms.

This is seperate from MBTI - the same distribution of I/E, N/S, T/F and P/J operate, but within this different context which pressures people into different directions.

However it's compeltey sensible then that the INTP's and INTJ#'s I know in argentina, act differently to the ones I know in Britain despite clear underlying similarities. Because they are playing the same "role" but in a different context. This is why you cannot compare "behaviours" like "nmber of horus spent with friends" or "number of girlfriends" or whatever, across cultures.

I would have thought this to be elemental to anyone interested in psychology.
    Have you heard of "the Grip" ?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

tcda is right
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

[QUOTE=marquix;1134418]
    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post

Have you heard of "the Grip" ?
    No.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I agree somewhat. I, myself, am conservative...an opposite trait of my personality. I don't know how to measure these factors though...relative to the other "nurture" external factors and the natural.
    Neither do I. MBTI is is a personal interest of mine for my free time but I don't have the time or the means to research it more. I don't know if academics devoted to this have tried to do studies or not, but I would doubt it because MBTI remains marginal and is very centred in the English speaking countries AFAIK.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

to title:
    It's one of these 'what's the sound of one hand clapping' threads, isn't it.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP

Depends how heavy they are

Well I'm a straight female, so I don't tend to want to juggle romantic relationships with girls! Speaking generally though, I don't think that I'd be able to handle more than one person at a time. I have enough things on my plate with one person and the rest of my life so I don't see myself fitting another person in there. That said I'm only 18 and have much to learn. Give me 20 years and I'll tell you how many men I've got going then
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by marquix View Post
    I've reached three but I'm back to two again and wanted to know if other INTP's have the habit of doing the same, and if so what their experiences have been.

Are you honest with them all? Consider your actions in name of love? or fall madly in love with the right one and suddenly forget the others exist?

I've had some pretty passionate outlashes that subsided after a few days and wonder how you survived yours ???
    If this is a serious question my answer would be "Dear lord, 0" I think the average INTP has enough trouble handling 1 woman. And I got the feeling most INTPs are ony interested, and keenly interested at that, at 1 person at a time.

I have an INTP friend who is *excellent* at having multiple lovers and being very above board and communicative. Which is hard for most people (most people suck in the 'communication and honesty and respect' department when it comes to open relationships or juggling multiple lovers) But, I think she is an anomoly or perhaps she has developed/uses all her functions more.

I think the INTP who can maintain good relations with multiple lovers - that they actually like and feel genuine passion for - at any given time is an anomoly. And if those inidividual situations implode or explode or end in a fiery string of epithets and tears (and broken furniture) thrown your way that isn't "succssful".
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    And I got the feeling most INTPs are ony interested, and keenly interested at that, at 1 person at a time.
    Really?