User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Maybe in England. I grew up with a lot of pressure to be extroverted and a lot of shaming because I wasn't.

I do think introversion and extroversion determined largely by the way the brain itself is wired, I think this independent of MBTI.

I can't agree with this.

Yes and if you were a Feeler, like my husband, you would feel the stress and strain of exterting a facade at work etc.

But when introverts pretend to be extroverts, there will always be a certain level of energy expended that drains one. Unless one is not introverted.
    I've lived large parts of my life, gone to school, worked and have friends and family in 1 Latin and 1 Anglo-Saxon country, and have a whole lifetime of firsthand experience which completely proves that cultural norms affect what kind of behaviour introverts and extraverts will exhibit.

I know many INTX's in Latin coutnries and on this forum many people would consider them ENXX's. I know Latins who are into MBTI who also know anglo saxon culture, and agree.

If you just want to ignore that and keep starting your theory at me there is no more I can do, but I will correct you when I think you are mistyping/hastily typing someone.

I rarely speak to people like this but it's got to the point where I don't see how else to make myself understood.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP

I agree with the cultural thing. Really, it's major party this party that. Kiss on the cheek here, kiss on the cheek there sort of stuff that I'm just not really that into.

However, around Americans here, I was recently the "man about town".

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I've lived large parts of my life, gone to school, worked and have friends and family in 1 Latin and 1 Anglo-Saxon country, and have a whole lifetime of firsthand experience which completely proves that cultural norms affect what kind of behaviour introverts and extraverts will exhibit.

I know many INTX's in Latin coutnries and on this forum many people would consider them ENXX's. I know Latins who are into MBTI who also know anglo saxon culture, and agree.

If you just want to ignore that and keep starting your theory at me there is no more I can do, but I will correct you when I think you are mistyping/hastily typing someone.

I rarely speak to people like this but it's got to the point where I don't see how else to make myself understood.
    I've been spoken to a whole lot harsher than this so don't worry about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

The problem is, how do you prove that?

MBTI
    FREE

Why juggle? I've been experimenting with a triad (the two girls, ESTP & ENFJ, are dating each other as well) and it is going swimmingly. I'm not sure if I would ever consider seriously dating two different women without them dating each other.

*Note - I've had a situation where there was potential with three different women at the same time, but it quickly turned into me choosing one and moving forward. I don't care much for limbo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    *Note - I've had a situation where there was potential with three different women at the same time, but it quickly turned into me choosing one and moving forward. I don't care much for limbo.
    This, pretty much. I've had my eye on two girls at the same time, but once another girl came along and wanted to be in an exclusive relationship, I promptly cut ties with the others. I'm "all or nothing" when it comes to emotional investment. I can't spread myself out to more than one partner like that. Kinda why emotional infidelity is impossible for me.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INTP

Why juggle? I've been experimenting with a triad (the two girls, ESTP & ENFJ, are dating each other as well) and it is going swimmingly. I'm not sure if I would ever consider seriously dating two different women without them dating each other.
    This would be heaven !! Lucky guy !

Just think, you guys (well, guys and girls) could get so much done in life together (:

MBTI
    INTP

My mind is still spinning over this scenario and I'm thinking. Wow, you could have twice as many babies in half the time !! Talk about locking in the deal!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I've been spoken to a whole lot harsher than this so don't worry about it.
    I'm sure you have but it's not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    The problem is, how do you prove that?
    MBTI itself is "unproven" so I don't really see that as a problem in this context.

what I am saying is internally coherent, matches with my understanding of the dialectical interrelationship between culture and the individual, and most importantly matches with my experience and all the evidence I have seen, so therefore I am happy with it, and I am confident that if someone looks seriously into it they will reach the same conclusion as me.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I'm sure you have but it's not my style.

MBTI itself is "unproven" so I don't really see that as a problem in this context.
    We are acting upon the idea that it is for the sake of exploration.

what I am saying is internally coherent, matches with my understanding of the dialectical interrelationship between culture and the individual, and most importantly matches with my experience and all the evidence I have seen, so therefore I am happy with it, and I am confident that if someone looks seriously into it they will reach the same conclusion as me.
    Your personal experience? Anecdotal evidence?