First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by marquix View Post
    Of course it is much more than chocolate. Waking up each morning and talking to your chocolates, telling them I miss you, I love you and wanting see them goes beyond the moral grounds. I'm a believer and have read the Bible several times, in English, Spanish and now I'm reading it Latin. I can tell you that I understand how monogamy is appropriate in many cases and also understand the many cases where concubines and other spouses also made their case.

I believe you look selfish in the other persons eyes when from a different perspective you can seem very giving and quite the opposite.
    Nah, you're only giving what it takes to get what you want. Just like I give the store money for chocolate.

As I've said before, I'm not making a case for monogamy here and hell, if you want to use the Bible to justify your actions, you could throw one of your 'concubines' out the door and let her be gang raped all night to save your own skin. The Bible records that and never says a word against the guy. In fact, when he chopped up her body and sent pieces of it to his countrymen, they were all outraged -- about the offense committed against him.

It's irrelevant because I believe people can have loving, satisfying non-monogamous relationships. You don't need to sell me on that point. From what I've heard, it takes a lot of trust, open communication, and a willingness of all parties to be involved in that kind of relationship. It's not my cup of tea, but to each her own.

My problem, as I've said before, is that you are putting your own pleasure over the well-being of another person. You don't want to be monogamous? Cool. Be with women that don't want a man to have an exclusive relationship with her. If it starts out that way and at some point, the woman changes her mind and wants an exclusive relationship, tell her you have no desire or intention to ever have that kind of relationship with her. That you intend to see any woman you want to for the indefinite future. If she can't seem to let go, but is clinging to you from insecurity, etc break it off, don't string her along with false hope just because you find her a tasty treat.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

You really froze me with this one. But, I do have a quite logical response, really.

You see, most humans are not really shallow but rather deep in their own unique way. Of course, we tend to gravitate to those that share our interests and all that but there really is a whole world out there within each and everyone of us.

I'm like an explorer. I like to imagine and believe in all the stuff in Hollywood movies because to some extent, they can exist in someones life somewhere.

Yes, sex is important but at the same time so magically capable of dissipating any "emotional drain" that could develop. Believe me, I get my rest. Take siestas almost everyday from about 11-1pm or from 2-4pm and even though emotional fatigue works its way into our bodies, I still view it as a mind thing. Sex is both so why not allow it to works its way into our daily schedules and do it's magic with one, two or even three partners that love you see the truth in your eyes.
    I think you are fooling yourself into thinking you are using logic, you are clearly value based

and LOL at an INTP becoming frozen, you argue/debate nothing like an NT

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Nah, you're only giving what it takes to get what you want. Just like I give the store money for chocolate.

As I've said before, I'm not making a case for monogamy here and hell, if you want to use the Bible to justify your actions, you could throw one of your 'concubines' out the door and let her be gang raped all night to save your own skin. The Bible records that and never says a word against the guy. In fact, when he chopped up her body and sent pieces of it to his countrymen, they were all outraged -- about the offense committed against him.

It's irrelevant because I believe people can have loving, satisfying non-monogamous relationships. You don't need to sell me on that point. From what I've heard, it takes a lot of trust, open communication, and a willingness of all parties to be involved in that kind of relationship. It's not my cup of tea, but to each her own.

My problem, as I've said before, is that you are putting your own pleasure over the well-being of another person. You don't want to be monogamous? Cool. Be with women that don't want a man to have an exclusive relationship with her. If it starts out that way and at some point, the woman changes her mind and wants an exclusive relationship, tell her you have no desire or intention to ever have that kind of relationship with her. That you intend to see any woman you want to for the indefinite future. If she can't seem to let go, but is clinging to you from insecurity, etc break it off, don't string her along with false hope just because you find her a tasty treat.
    Obviously the OP doesn't want his real intentions to be clear to these women because if they knew they had no chance at a exclusive relationship with him he wouldn't get what he wants

The pathetic part is rather than accepting this fundamental truth about the he chooses to make excuses and justifications

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I think you are fooling yourself into thinking you are using logic, you are clearly value based

and LOL at an INTP becoming frozen, you argue/debate nothing like an NT
    Since when did INTP lack values? I really do not care to remain an INTP to begin with, if that is even possible. That is just the type the MBTI dished out.

Obviously the OP doesn't want his real intentions to be clear to these women because if they knew they had no chance at a exclusive relationship with him he wouldn't get what he wants

The pathetic part is rather than accepting this fundamental truth about the he chooses to make excuses and justifications
    Don't we all justify our actions?

Since when did INTP lack values? I really do not care to remain an INTP to begin with, if that is even possible. That is just the type the MBTI dished out.
    Just cause one test said so doesn't make it so, when I first got into MBTI I thought I was an ESTP for about 5 months

Don't we all justify our actions?
    No?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

The INTP is far more likely to be juggled by three women and not notice.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    LOL too true

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I've come to conclude the very possibility (:

heart on fire

This is an F-Male over compensation thing. "I am such a stud!"

My FOLK diagnosis is ENFP.

ENFP - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving

Male ENFPs

Gender differences can be significant for males because the qualities most associated with ENFPs are more traditionally attributed to females: sociability, desire/need to please, intuition, spontaneity, and concern for other people.

As a result, when an ENFP male "plays" into those natural preferences of his personality, he can find himself outside the male "establishment." Ironically, this may set him up to overcompensate and behave in ways atypical for ENFPs -- to be, for example, competitive or overly argumentative.

Seeking group approval, he may get involved with contact sports or other "tough" activities, though he would really prefer to be elsewhere. ENFP males, somewhat more than other F males, may also fall into the trap of physical seduction as a way of establishing their masculinity. Indeed, both male and female ENFPs can be intellectually and physically seductive...

MBTI
    INTP

^^ Agree.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    This is an F-Male over compensation thing. "I am such a stud!"

My FOLK diagnosis is ENFP.

Wrong. Apart from the fact that it's impossible to type someone based ona few posts outside of any context, you're not taking into account cultural difference. I'm from a latin background and this is just the way men talk, NT's included. I talk this way with my latino friends and cousins and I can assure you I'm not ENFP.

Less FOLK, please!
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.