User Tag List

123 Last

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default Why do ENTPs perceive any form of disagreement as a challenge to an epic duel?

I don't get it. We will be casually conversing and then all of a sudden the smallest thing will set him off and I have no idea what is going on. I inadvertently piss him off a million times within 10 minutes of talking.

I am super easy going and have no intentions of starting an argument and when we argue I'm not even aware. To me we are just talking or exploring a topic together. Not only does he perceive 90% of our interactions as arguing, but he thinks I'm insulting his intelligence by not assuming he knows everything in the entire god damn universe. What.The Fudge.

Can someone explain this to me?
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I don't get it. We will be casually conversing and then all of a sudden the smallest thing will set him off and I have no idea what is going on. I inadvertently piss him off a million times within 10 minutes of talking.

I am super easy going and have no intentions of starting an argument and when we argue I'm not even aware. To me we are just talking or exploring a topic together. Not only does he perceive 90% of our interactions as arguing, but he thinks I'm insulting his intelligence by not assuming he knows everything in the entire god damn universe. What.The Fudge.

Can someone explain this to me?
    Be a jerkbag back, it'd be good practice. He might be doing it for giggles, he might just be dead serious, but either way, if you do it back to him it should fix it right? Probably not... Seems to be a classic case of Fi vs Ti.
    5 3 9

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

they don't see it as a threat like situation or a duel like situation. (At least not at first. They may make a challenge out of it though.)

But I assume you mean their vigor of standing behind their thoughts and ideas.

It's just that their Ne is catching on to things and they're bursting it out like mad, because with Ne, you have to spurt things out, before you've lost it again.

It's like a eurekagasming. (Can we make it into a word, please?)

At least in my discussions with ENTP's, I've always looked at it like that. Never like they are trying to win some duel with me for the sake of winning a duel. It's just that they are coming to thoughts that they had a moment before that not yet reached. And it can be exhilirating.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

It's not actual arguing though. I'll say something that he perceives as me challenging him and he becomes really angry and makes it personal. He basically fights me for not agreeing with everything he says or potentially disagreeing with him. He thinks I argue against everything he says. I usually have no idea that an argument is taking place or what he is talking about and he is downright mean about it.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Well, might just be him. Don't think it's really a typical ENTP thing in particular. Just common indecency from that ENTP, the way you put it. :p

All ENTP's have a certain dominant like vibe to them though, that's true. But doesn't mean they enjoy abusing that at the cost of others. That's just unhealthy psycholigical behaviour.

Prolly Fe-lacking, immaturity or something.

Does he feel you're being close-minded and is offended by it? There can be two reasons for this

1. You expect him to agree with your conclusions and opinions and this is what frustrates him aside from any arguing.

OR if that's not true then most likely...

2. He thinks what you say is stupid and he needs to respect your desire to talk openly without everything you say needing to be put through an inquisition.

Does this help at all?

MBTI
    ISTP

I tend not to argue w/ ENTPs. I just nod my head and alternate between "Yeah, you're right.", "Absolutely.", "Yeah.", and "You go girl!"
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Granted, I enjoy discussion with ENTP's and can keep up with their general thinking processes. So maybe I experience them in an entirely different light. But the ENTP's I do know, although some can annoy me in other ways, I have no trouble with how they project their ideas and thoughts. And definatly don't see it as some peen contest or whatever.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

doesn't sound right. i mean debating sounds right, but getting so pissed so fast doesn't.

unless, perhaps, your style of speaking has been grating on him for a long time, and he's been holding it in, and now he just doesn't give a shit anymore.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Does he feel you're being close-minded and is offended by it? There can be two reasons for this

1. You expect him to agree with your conclusions and opinions and this is what frustrates him aside from any arguing.

OR if that's not true then most likely...

2. He thinks what you say is stupid and he needs to respect your desire to talk openly without everything you say needing to be put through an inquisition.

Does this help at all?
    Yes. Thank-you.