User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Did you read anything I said? He becomes cross with me if I disagree with him and gets personal. It's not real debating. He actually told me the other day he's just been using me to feed his ego *sighs*
    Compensatory NPD. Sorry about that - these guys suck. Probably had a rougher childhood than he lets on.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    The feeding his ego thing doesn't surprise me. He sounds pretty insecure, and wanted an adoring audience rather than a friend. When you disagree with him you not only fail to feed his ego but actually challenge it. Thus the purpose of your 'friendship' is voided. That's my take with the info supplied at least, though it may be biased by the fact you're a fellow INFP.

Frankly I'm surprised you stuck it out for as long as you did. Exploring that would probably be a whole other thread though.
    When I find highly imaginative, intelligent people who will discuss ideas and theories on end with me, I tend to extend an abnormal amount of tolerance for their bullshit, because having that outlet means so much to me.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Compensatory NPD. Sorry about that - these guys suck. Probably had a rougher childhood than he lets on.

Yeah, his mother killed himself when he was young and a variety of other traumatic shit that I'm done empathizing with him about. I never thought about a personality disorder, but the guy definitely is a bit of a psychopath and fits the NPD profile to a high degree. A full blown disorder though? Meh...who knows. I'm not going to waste anymore time analyzing a douchebag.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, his mother killed himself when he was young and a variety of other traumatic shit that I'm done empathizing with him about. I never thought about a personality disorder, but the guy definitely is a bit of a psychopath and fits the NPD profile to a high degree. A full blown disorder though? Meh...who knows. I'm not going to waste anymore time analyzing a douchebag.
    Yup, that'll do it. He blames himself for his mom killing himself, and at the core considers himself utterly worthless... which is why he doesn't care about others.

Terrible way to go through life. Hope he gets help.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Yup, that'll do it. He blames himself for his mom killing himself, and at the core considers himself utterly worthless... which is why he doesn't care about others.

Terrible way to go through life. Hope he gets help.
    He did appear to have a history of dating abused girls that he felt compelled to "help". Only problem is is that he would dispose of them all unmercifully in the end...

ugh...I'm getting grossed out now thinking about his draw to me.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

He did appear to have a history of dating abused girls that he felt compelled to "help". Only problem is is that he would dispose of them all unmercifully in the end...

ugh...I'm getting grossed out now thinking about his draw to me.
    Don't fight it - you'll need a solid memory of those feelings to recognize these guys in the future. I'm guessing he isn't the only jerk like this you've come into contact with.

And yeah, he disposed of them unmercifully in the end. The most important woman in his life put a bullet in her head. As far as he's concerned, that's the only way relationships end - with violence.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Don't fight it - you'll need a solid memory of those feelings to recognize these guys in the future. I'm guessing he isn't the only jerk like this you've come into contact with.

And yeah, he disposed of them unmercifully in the end. The most important woman in his life put a bullet in her head. As far as he's concerned, that's the only way relationships end - with violence.
    Yup!

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post911753

hmm...you're good at this. Me...not so much

I think if my time with the ENTP weren't all one-on-one I would have been able to get a clearer picture. Definitely need to be more conscious of these sorts of things. Not going to lie, I feel incredibly creeped out right now.

MBTI
    SEXY

Not going to lie, I feel incredibly creeped out right now.
    Yeah... Don't do that, I think you'd be a more centred and happier person if you learned how to focus on the positives. So, tell me what's positive about you severing ties with him?
    (removed)

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Yeah... Don't do that, I think you'd be a more centred and happier person if you learned how to focus on the positives. So, tell me what's positive about you severing ties with him?
    hmm...let's see...I've extricated myself as a source of narcissistic supply? I appreciate the consideration, but I'm alright Shimmy. I have accumulated a fair amount of experience with the disordered.

I have an ENFJ friend with OCD, an INTP relative with avoidant personality disorder, ENTJ step-sister with schizophrenia, INTJ ex with aspergers, and now I've potentially encountered a second case of NPD. I'll just add it to the list o' crazies and call it a day.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

"small pness" = "need to talk about"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]