User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 73

  1. #41
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yeah, good point. Or you could just be ultra-sensitive and/or paranoid.

    I'm not suggesting that we can't be arrogant pricks, but the anger thing is weird. I just can't vibe with that. Has this person told you flat out that he is pissed at you?

    Why does this guy mean so much to you? If you don't feel comfortable in a conversation with him, what are you clinging to and why?
    He doesn't necessarily mean a lot to me. In fact I cut my losses last night. No more ENTP sadism for me *sighs* I just really enjoyed his mind, but he wasn't interested in sharing it in the end; just his short temper and feigned superiority.

    This is the second ENTP to totally mess with me. Why are some of you so maddeningly brilliant yet possess the emotional maturity of a 14 year old? This is unbelievably frustrating because I seem to be drawn to this type time and time again and you stick in my mind like glue a long time after the fact too.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

  2. #42
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    great! can't wait to read it.
    Looks like I won't be needing your analysis anymore, but thanks hun
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

  3. #43
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Looks like I won't be needing your analysis anymore, but thanks hun
    Don't spurn the analytical services of Digest. If you're drawn to ENTPs then why not take this opportunity to figure out what's causing the problems? Nothing to lose.

  4. #44
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Can I just answer the title question?

    Because we love epic mind duels. We want to pick apart every reasoning and every feeling until things break down either on their or on our side or on both, thus expanding our understanding of ourselves and the world.
    You disagree with me? Great! Let's discuss until I understand your reasoning and background which causes you to have this opinion. You disagree with something I thought as self-evident? Even greater! Now I know I've taken something for granted that I actually shouldn't.
    I love picking apart reasonings and verbal sparring. I'm not really interested in converting you. I'm interested in either converting you, either being converted (if your reasoning is stronger and/or fits better into the whole net of ideas), or understanding each other's point of view and looking forward to another lovely verbal sparring match.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  5. #45
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    He doesn't necessarily mean a lot to me. In fact I cut my losses last night. No more ENTP sadism for me *sighs* I just really enjoyed his mind, but he wasn't interested in sharing it in the end; just his short temper and feigned superiority.

    This is the second ENTP to totally mess with me. Why are some of you so maddeningly brilliant yet possess the emotional maturity of a 14 year old? This is unbelievably frustrating because I seem to be drawn to this type time and time again and you stick in my mind like glue a long time after the fact too.
    Are you sure you are not an ENFP? (Just a funny thought...given you are drawn to these guys)

    Anyways that bolded section kinda bugs me. You are passing judgment on him as a person when in reality this need for debate is very hard wired and innate. If I may make stuff up (cause I do love to do so) I'd suggest the entps-especially when younger need to use Ti extensively, externally to help develop it.

    He is going through a phase which may be hard on you-but is essential for him as part of his development. Now if you were just another person off the street, sure just say he is a jerk. But you have a whole thread of entps, and a knowledge of personality type, explaining that this is pretty innate-so to dismiss it as emotional immaturity after all of their comments-well you are choosing to judge him via your innate Fi prefs, rather than acknowledging he is a different "type" of person who will behave differently-not as the result of emotional immaturity, but because he is not like you.

    Totally cool not to hang out with him and avoid him-but just recognize you are ignoring data when passing judgment-thus the judgment will be incorrect.

    (I ENTPs masochistically)

  6. #46
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Are you sure you are not an ENFP? (Just a funny thought...given you are drawn to these guys)

    Anyways that bolded section kinda bugs me. You are passing judgment on him as a person when in reality this need for debate is very hard wired and innate. If I may make stuff up (cause I do love to do so) I'd suggest the entps-especially when younger need to use Ti extensively, externally to help develop it.

    He is going through a phase which may be hard on you-but is essential for him as part of his development. Now if you were just another person off the street, sure just say he is a jerk. But you have a whole thread of entps, and a knowledge of personality type, explaining that this is pretty innate-so to dismiss it as emotional immaturity after all of their comments-well you are choosing to judge him via your innate Fi prefs, rather than acknowledging he is a different "type" of person who will behave differently-not as the result of emotional immaturity, but because he is not like you.

    Totally cool not to hang out with him and avoid him-but just recognize you are ignoring data when passing judgment-thus the judgment will be incorrect.

    (I ENTPs masochistically)
    Did you read anything I said? He becomes cross with me if I disagree with him and gets personal. It's not real debating. He actually told me the other day he's just been using me to feed his ego *sighs*

    Everything in his life speaks to his emotional maturity from his inability to discern emotion in others to his inability to take responsibility for the things he wants in life. I honestly feel sorry for him.

    Perhaps I don't possess impenetrable logic, but I do have a solid understanding of emotion, how to channel it effectively, and the role it plays in determining one's level of happiness and success in life.

    I believe in his future emotional growth though, which can take place at any age, given the proper environment. I think he'd be wiser by now if he didn't chronically underestimate others in overestimating himself.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Perhaps I don't possess impenetrable logic...
    Nor does a person who claims to have it.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Did you read anything I said? He becomes cross with me if I disagree with him and gets personal. It's not real debating. He actually told me the other day he's just been using me to feed his ego *sighs*

    Everything in his life speaks to his emotional maturity from his inability to discern emotion in others to his inability to take responsibility for the things he wants in life. I honestly feel sorry for him.

    Perhaps I don't possess impenetrable logic, but I do have a solid understanding of emotion, how to channel it effectively, and the role it plays in determining one's level of happiness and success in life.

    I believe in his future emotional growth though, which can take place at any age, given the proper environment. I think he'd be wiser by now if he didn't chronically underestimate others in overestimating himself.
    I'm sorry to read this. Best you leave him alone if this kind of interaction is the standard. Most ENTPs needs to be smacked in the head metaphorically from time to time, regarding either his unmanageable ideas and his recklessness regarding other people's emotions. You don't seem like the right person to do that, INFP's generally are way to nice to do it.
    (removed)

  9. #49
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Did you read anything I said? He becomes cross with me if I disagree with him and gets personal. It's not real debating. He actually told me the other day he's just been using me to feed his ego *sighs*
    sounds like something i'd say to someone if i couldn't get rid of them any other way.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  10. #50
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I'm sorry to read this. Best you leave him alone if this kind of interaction is the standard. Most ENTPs needs to be smacked in the head metaphorically from time to time, regarding either his unmanageable ideas and his recklessness regarding other people's emotions. You don't seem like the right person to do that, INFP's generally are way to nice to do it.
    I did give him a verbal lashing. I can be unmercifully cutting...I just feel guilty about it afterward. I'd like to think he'll put some thought into my analysis of his behavior, but I'm doubtful of it.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Question to fellow ENTPs, do women (in general) think of you as a "womanizer"?
    By Kuthtuk in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 12:58 AM
  2. [ENTP] Why do ENTPs argue all the time?
    By RaptorWizard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 12:54 AM
  3. Why do people keep buying Call of Duty?
    By jixmixfix in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 08:12 PM
  4. [INFP] Why do people Hate the idea of being INFP?
    By CrystalViolet in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO