• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs are the scariest type?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have an ENTJ teacher who's very smart, but honestly he scares me a little, and I feel uncomfortable disagreeing with him (I tend to argue with teachers) and teachers almost never scare me. As an INTJ, it's pretty hard for a personality to scare me. A while ago, I had another ENTJ teacher, and there was asimilar but weaker effect. I think what scares me is how he cleverly manipulates many of the other students. They believe almost everything he says (although he tells a lot of tall-sounding tales) and he has so much control over them. They do whatever he wants them to and they enjoy it. I'm like the odd one out there. Had any similar experiences? What do you think is the scariest type?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Other INTP's scare me, because I know what we're really capable off.

Also, ESFx's scare me whenever I am in a situation where I'm asked to rely on said ESFx. Relying on ESFx's scares the heck out of me. ESFP's in particular. :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTJs are a piece of cake when you meet them eye to eye. Tell him straight out that you are on to him and he may buck a bit at first, but then you will be respected. There is no reason to be afraid.

I'm more cautious of the INTJ bite than I am of the ENTJ bark.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have an ENTJ teacher who's very smart, but honestly he scares me a little, and I feel uncomfortable disagreeing with him (I tend to argue with teachers) and teachers almost never scare me. As an INTJ, it's pretty hard for a personality to scare me. A while ago, I had another ENTJ teacher, and there was asimilar but weaker effect. I think what scares me is how he cleverly manipulates many of the other students. They believe almost everything he says (although he tells a lot of tall-sounding tales) and he has so much control over them. They do whatever he wants them to and they enjoy it. I'm like the odd one out there. Had any similar experiences? What do you think is the scariest type?

I'm most scared of IF males. You never know why they might have a stroke.

ENTJs...hmm...I don't find them scary at all. But I am very much aware of their power over others like you mentioned. But I'm a maverick, so I'm not bound by the same rules they are. They need their armies, I'm a one man army though. People might respond to Te...but if Fi gives them the ability to break their shackles...they will always prefer freedom. And if they don't, it's their loss, not mine.

I'm more cautious of the INTJ bite than I am of the ENTJ bark.

Definitely. INTJs are ninja schemers.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have about four close ENTJ male buddies and they are anything but scary. They are more of the best pal, back-slapping, politician types. I seem to butt heads with ESTJs more, but even they are okay once you learn how to speak their language.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not scared or intimidated by ENTJs. We're the same breed, kinda.

Otoh, I might be intimidated by random ENTP craziness, if I wouldn't constantly remind myself how fragile they really are behind the social masquarade. They never know what I'm laughing at during their showoff.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not scared or intimidated by ENTJs. We're the same breed, kinda.

Otoh, I might be intimidated by random ENTP craziness, if I wouldn't constantly remind myself how fragile they really are behind the social masquarade. They never know what I'm laughing at during their showoff.

Hmm, what makes you think we are masquerading or that we care about what you are laughing at?

Anyway, a lot of it comes down to enneagram also. 7w6 entps definitely seem more delicate than 7w8 ones.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

As superiors, I could see them being scary. There's a chance that you're overwhelmed by your teacher's presence, as ENTJs are enthusiastic larger-than-life people. As an introvert, it may be a bit much to handle.

I don't know what your experience has been with ENTJ peers, but you should befriend one, as they're a lot of fun. My personal experience with 3 ENTJ peers has been stimulating, not intimidating.

The scariest type would have the ENTJ's power without their open-mindedness. The ENTJs I know will consider any idea once, provided you have reason and evidence to back it up. This makes them safe. Perhaps an ESxJ who's gone bonkers would be scariest.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have two close ENTJ friends and one xNTJ friend, I don't find them too intimidating. ESxJs are fucking terrifying though, especially ESFJs.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I find the manipulative characteristic usually exists in a person with a strong dominant function(older or just very strong-willed), combined with a weak ego. And I find those that are more easily manipulated are those with weaker dominant functions(younger or just very weak-willed), and weak egos, or undeveloped egos.

Unfortunately, the healthy are caught somewhere in-between. And healthy intuitives (or sensors who have developed intuition) are the most stricken by these circumstance because we can 'see' behind the scenes enough to know what is going on, whereas neither the manipulator (usually), nor the manipulated, nor the oblivious bystanders (they see more what's practical or what's on the surface, or what's in the moment only) understand what is happening.

Also, unfortunately, there isn't much to be done here except to act with integrity inasmuch as you are able, with both parties. Being argumentative, with either party, makes matters worse, in my experience. Trying to appeal to their reason is a futile task because if they were reasonable to begin with (the manipulator and the manipulated), they would not find themselves in such a situation, or they will find a way out soon enough. Some types, notably F types, need to learn by experience, for the most part, so not much can be done in that regard as well.

I get you though. :)

sculpting

I'm most scared of IF males. You never know why they might have a stroke.

ENTJs...hmm...I don't find them scary at all. But I am very much aware of their power over others like you mentioned. But I'm a maverick, so I'm not bound by the same rules they are. They need their armies, I'm a one man army though. People might respond to Te...but if Fi gives them the ability to break their shackles...they will always prefer freedom. And if they don't, it's their loss, not mine.

Yeha, I actually really love ENTJs-although every NTP I know does not. If there is ever an issue I just go head on and confront them. I lay out the issue and say "fix it". IT IS BROKEN. As long as they respect you and you pick your battles, it works very well. The two I worked for loved me...

The bad part of having any Te dom or Aux managing NTPs is that they can be highly dominating and intimidating. The worst will recognize this and use it to scare others, intimidate them into backing down, assume they "won", and then brute force their way through obstacles.

Most-not all-but most NTPs will not stand up and confront them-although I'd refer you to the ENTP revenge thread for what the ENTPs may do. :D It gets soooo bad.

The real problem? For TeNi or NiTe to develop the best "vision" and then implement into an Se reality, you have to have the proper input-data. You have to understand the current reality before you can have a vision and then create a new reality. If you intimidate people enough, they are too scared to be honest anymore.

You will lack honest data, people will tell you what you want to hear, not the truth, thus your visions will be all f'ed up and will fail to become real.

Given I lack any Fe at all, and I have just enough Te to be an idealistic nutcase, me and the ENTJs get along okay in real life.

sculpting

Oh, Litvyak. I wont disagree with your perception of fragility. But they will so fucking take your ass out and it will be done so carefully that you never see it coming.

NTJs? Not nearly so scary for me compared to the ENTPs, because you guys are like engines of directed purpose, vision, and as the need arises-destruction. But Te is the tool. I understand it, even if I recognize I cant win or defeat it, I at least have some idea what to expect. TiFe combined with the vision of Ne??

I heart ENTPs. Never fuck with ENTPs. I heart ENTPs.

:wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:

:peepwall:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure, they are random and aggressive, so we ought to watch our backs if messing with ENTPs.

Which does not contradict the things I've said before. Attack is the best way to hide our weaknesses, and when stripped from their entourage, they are as harmless as raging babies.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Sure, they are random and aggressive, so we ought to watch our backs if messing with ENTPs.

Which does not contradict the things I've said before. Attack is the best way to hide our weaknesses, and when stripped from their entourage, they are as harmless as raging babies.

We're not as random as you might think. Did you ever stop to consider that the buffoonery might be the facade?

sculpting

no-that's the trick-they are not at all random. They just look random. Ti is extremely systematic, especially when coupled with Fe social skills in an older ENTP. And they are not aggressive-actually the opposite, they will almost always withdraw and let you think you won. That's how Fe seems to work. As long as they are openly debating and argueing with you, you are still getting information and are good. When they withdraw, well game on.

It isnt catty in my mind honestly. It is just how the Fe social game and communication works. Fe can be extremely caring and beautiful, and I admire the leadership of ENTPs very mush. But It's a different world than Te/Fi, yet you guys are trying to accomplish your vision in that world, thus should at least be aware it is there.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no-that's the trick-they are not at all random. They just look random.

Yeah, that's what I meant. They appear to be random, but are quite coherent at first. They dismiss coherence after they've "lost it" though.

And they are not aggressive-actually the opposite, they will almost always withdraw and let you think you won.

I can't relate this to my experiences. They are aggressive, they just start goofing around if they've realized that they can't win. They don't lose, they either...

a) win OR
b) present the whole debate as ridiculous.

"X is true."
"No, X is actually false. I'll show you (...)."
"Lol you're stupid, this whole thing is stupid. Your butt stinks. I'm outta here."

Plus, they're way more efficient before a crowd. In a one-on-one situation, they appear significantly weaker.

Did you ever stop to consider that the buffoonery might be the facade?

No.