INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Default Dumbest NT's you know?

So, who are they?

Mine:

1. A woman in her 20's. It's not that I *can* measure her "mathematical abilities", it's because she's mainly stiff and non-reactive. She says "yes" to everything and it's hard to think whether she really doesn't have anything to say or she's concerned over something else. But based on her grades and seemingly effort to study, it seems that she's not so keen on her academics. And now, she's choosing acting as a career.

2. Of course, I could include myself but I'm not even sure If I belong in this type.

---

I'm hoping this isn't offensive to anyone...

MBTI
    INTJ

What makes you think she's an NT? NT's usually don't say 'yes' to everything. That sounds more like ST to me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    What makes you think she's an NT? NT's usually don't say 'yes' to everything. That sounds more like ST to me.
    =). As oppose to mine, it's quite obvious really. She says yes to simply pass the question, not exactly to answer it. She's there when talking systematical theories, she's not when the topic is concrete. She also has a difficulty in blending in society.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    Why is that an ST trait? Good grief is right!

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    =). As oppose to mine, it's quite obvious really. She says yes to simply pass the question, not exactly to answer it. She's there when talking systematical theories, she's not when the topic is concrete. She also has a difficulty in blending in society.
    I feel her pain. But why does that make her dumb, rather than distracted with what she feels is more important?

MBTI
    INTP

Hm, I think most dumb NTs I know are just really arrogant and believe that they know everything. Which is, of course, misguided and stupid.

If you were counting cognitive power (or lack thereof), then I could include myself in there. :P

Craft: Perhaps she answers 'yes' to everything because she really isn't interested in talking? Maybe she thinks that by answering 'yes', she'll be able to hurry the conversation along and move on to something she enjoys?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Why is that an ST trait? Good grief is right!

I feel her pain. But why does that make her dumb, rather than distracted with what she feels is more important?
    Quote Originally Posted by moviconte View Post
    Hm, I think most dumb NTs I know are just really arrogant and believe that they know everything. Which is, of course, misguided and stupid.

If you were counting cognitive power (or lack thereof), then I could include myself in there. :P

Craft: Perhaps she answers 'yes' to everything because she really isn't interested in talking? Maybe she thinks that by answering 'yes', she'll be able to hurry the conversation along and move on to something she enjoys?

Haha. She isn't Dumb. But she's the dumbest NT I could find.(aside from my unconfirmed typed self) I might've worded that wrongly. Least intelligent is probably the better word. I would say she's fairly talented, just not the scientist sort. The other NT's I've met are highly successful businessmen or leaders. One is a poor calculus teacher. I guess age might be a factor there.

I'm wondering about how powerful NT's effect in logic and reasoning.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

The least intelligent NT I know is an INTJ, my sister. She isn't dumb, just average. I think she has suffered a bit from being surrounded entirely by SJ/SP types, because I was shocked that this was her MB type (the only obvious thing was her super J), because she buys into everything society says - the big house, big SUV, 2 kids, dog, gave up a career in engineering to be a stay-at-home mom, etc. (nothing against stay at home moms, I just think NTs are about the last type to go for that). She is also obviously unhappy. Sad.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Haha. She isn't Dumb. But she's the dumbest NT I could find.(aside from my unconfirmed typed self) I might've worded that wrongly. Least intelligent is probably the better word. I would say she's fairly talented, just not the scientist sort. The other NT's I've met are highly successful businessmen or leaders. One is a poor calculus teacher. I guess age might be a factor there.

I'm wondering about how powerful NT's effect in logic and reasoning.
    I don't know what you mean about powerful - I just know that there are underachievers of all types - especially P types.

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    The least intelligent NT I know is an INTJ, my sister. She isn't dumb, just average. I think she has suffered a bit from being surrounded entirely by SJ/SP types, because I was shocked that this was her MB type (the only obvious thing was her super J), because she buys into everything society says - the big house, big SUV, 2 kids, dog, gave up a career in engineering to be a stay-at-home mom, etc. (nothing against stay at home moms, I just think NTs are about the last type to go for that). She is also obviously unhappy. Sad.
    A lot of tests have N bias and they make S types look like sticks in the mud, so it's not surprising that a lot of people test as N. Maybe your sis is an ISTJ - would that make more sense for her?

MBTI
    ISFJ

I have an INTJ friend who has very unconventional views which he'll defend till exhaustion but that don't make a whole lot of sense a lot of the time. Plus...he's a lawyer...how dumb is that?!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Is this about 'being' dumber or 'appearing' dumber?

If it's about appearing, can I cleverly nominate myself?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf