• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Dumbest NT's you know?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, who are they?

Mine:

1. A woman in her 20's. It's not that I *can* measure her "mathematical abilities", it's because she's mainly stiff and non-reactive. She says "yes" to everything and it's hard to think whether she really doesn't have anything to say or she's concerned over something else. But based on her grades and seemingly effort to study, it seems that she's not so keen on her academics. And now, she's choosing acting as a career.

2. Of course, I could include myself but I'm not even sure If I belong in this type.

---

I'm hoping this isn't offensive to anyone...

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
What makes you think she's an NT? NT's usually don't say 'yes' to everything. That sounds more like ST to me.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What makes you think she's an NT? NT's usually don't say 'yes' to everything. That sounds more like ST to me.

=). As oppose to mine, it's quite obvious really. She says yes to simply pass the question, not exactly to answer it. She's there when talking systematical theories, she's not when the topic is concrete. She also has a difficulty in blending in society.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Why is that an ST trait? Good grief is right! :doh:

=). As oppose to mine, it's quite obvious really. She says yes to simply pass the question, not exactly to answer it. She's there when talking systematical theories, she's not when the topic is concrete. She also has a difficulty in blending in society.

I feel her pain. But why does that make her dumb, rather than distracted with what she feels is more important?

moviconte

MBTI Type
INTP
Hm, I think most dumb NTs I know are just really arrogant and believe that they know everything. Which is, of course, misguided and stupid.

If you were counting cognitive power (or lack thereof), then I could include myself in there. :p

Craft: Perhaps she answers 'yes' to everything because she really isn't interested in talking? Maybe she thinks that by answering 'yes', she'll be able to hurry the conversation along and move on to something she enjoys?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I feel her pain. But why does that make her dumb, rather than distracted with what she feels is more important?

Hm, I think most dumb NTs I know are just really arrogant and believe that they know everything. Which is, of course, misguided and stupid.

If you were counting cognitive power (or lack thereof), then I could include myself in there. :p

Craft: Perhaps she answers 'yes' to everything because she really isn't interested in talking? Maybe she thinks that by answering 'yes', she'll be able to hurry the conversation along and move on to something she enjoys?

Haha. She isn't Dumb. But she's the dumbest NT I could find.(aside from my unconfirmed typed self) I might've worded that wrongly. Least intelligent is probably the better word. I would say she's fairly talented, just not the scientist sort. The other NT's I've met are highly successful businessmen or leaders. One is a poor calculus teacher. I guess age might be a factor there.

I'm wondering about how powerful NT's effect in logic and reasoning.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
The least intelligent NT I know is an INTJ, my sister. She isn't dumb, just average. I think she has suffered a bit from being surrounded entirely by SJ/SP types, because I was shocked that this was her MB type (the only obvious thing was her super J), because she buys into everything society says - the big house, big SUV, 2 kids, dog, gave up a career in engineering to be a stay-at-home mom, etc. (nothing against stay at home moms, I just think NTs are about the last type to go for that). She is also obviously unhappy. Sad.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Haha. She isn't Dumb. But she's the dumbest NT I could find.(aside from my unconfirmed typed self) I might've worded that wrongly. Least intelligent is probably the better word. I would say she's fairly talented, just not the scientist sort. The other NT's I've met are highly successful businessmen or leaders. One is a poor calculus teacher. I guess age might be a factor there.

I'm wondering about how powerful NT's effect in logic and reasoning.

I don't know what you mean about powerful - I just know that there are underachievers of all types - especially P types.

The least intelligent NT I know is an INTJ, my sister. She isn't dumb, just average. I think she has suffered a bit from being surrounded entirely by SJ/SP types, because I was shocked that this was her MB type (the only obvious thing was her super J), because she buys into everything society says - the big house, big SUV, 2 kids, dog, gave up a career in engineering to be a stay-at-home mom, etc. (nothing against stay at home moms, I just think NTs are about the last type to go for that). She is also obviously unhappy. Sad.

A lot of tests have N bias and they make S types look like sticks in the mud, so it's not surprising that a lot of people test as N. Maybe your sis is an ISTJ - would that make more sense for her?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have an INTJ friend who has very unconventional views which he'll defend till exhaustion but that don't make a whole lot of sense a lot of the time. Plus...he's a lawyer...how dumb is that?!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this about 'being' dumber or 'appearing' dumber?

If it's about appearing, can I cleverly nominate myself?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, who are they?

Mine:

1. A woman in her 20's. It's not that I *can* measure her "mathematical abilities", it's because she's mainly stiff and non-reactive. She says "yes" to everything and it's hard to think whether she really doesn't have anything to say or she's concerned over something else. But based on her grades and seemingly effort to study, it seems that she's not so keen on her academics. And now, she's choosing acting as a career.

2. Of course, I could include myself but I'm not even sure If I belong in this type.

---

I'm hoping this isn't offensive to anyone...

Saying yes, or being like a chameleon, can be an Fe dom trait. I know NF's like that.............I know some SF's that will not disagree, but they are not necessarily "yes" like some NFs I know.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

This smells like possbly mistyped ISTJ. (if the data you are giving is correct)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^istjs are not really called to acting. they are not yes men. they are usually academically inclined. at least if they are healthy. If unhealthy, any type can act any way.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ

Sorry, I didn't mean ST I meant SJ. You know, how they are the ones that gleefully conform to what is expected in society. I'll even reference some quotes.

"While ENTJs enjoy organizing and mobilizing people according to their own theories and tactically based agendas, ESTJs are content to enforce "the rules," often dictated by tradition or handed down from a higher authority. "

"His SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs."

"Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical. "

"All else being equal, ESFJs enjoy being in charge. They see problems clearly and delegate easily, work hard and play with zest. ESFJs, as do most SJs, bear strong allegiance to rights of seniority. They willingly provide service (which embodies life's meaning) and expect the same from others."

So yeah, don't know why I wrote ST, but SJ is right.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
T is less correlated with intelligence than one might think. N/S carries by far the strongest correlation with intelligence, followed by I/E, then T/F and J/P. So INFx people are smarter on average than ENTx people. As for my own experience, I haven't met any unintelligent NTs, though I have run into ENTJs of only average intelligence. Conversely, I haven't met one single INFP or INFJ whom I had more than 20-25 IQ points on (and I have a genius IQ). Their (lack of) logic irritates me on occasion, but I can't really accuse them of being dumb.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think Karl Pilkington seems to be an NT, probably INTP, and he's got to be one of the stupidest people going.

YouTube - Karl Pilkington best quote and Ricky Gervais' funniest laugh

From that video, he seemed a bit S-ish, but I could be wrong. Just how he was talking about the net, how it's there and the animals will just have to live with it, rather than suggesting any solutions (looking towards the future). But yeah, he is pretty dumb. Might also be a J, concerned with his view of reality, rather than the straight out facts, which an INTP would be.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Karl is a created character. Fictional! :p

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
From that video, he seemed a bit S-ish, but I could be wrong. Just how he was talking about the net, how it's there and the animals will just have to live with it, rather than suggesting any solutions (looking towards the future). But yeah, he is pretty dumb. Might also be a J, concerned with his view of reality, rather than the straight out facts, which an INTP would be.

I meant this more as a display of his stupidity, but generally, based on hours of Podcasts, he seems more N and is without question a definite P.

Karl is a created character. Fictional! :p

This is a matter of debate. Ricky, Steve, eve Karl himself deny it.

Ricky said he'd be ashamed to create and waste such a great character on a little podcast, and claims that, since it takes a full year to write 6 little 30 minute episodes of TV, how could the pump out the podcasts so fast.

I think Karl is generally real (and none too bright), though he may play himself up a bit at times. If not, he puts Andy Kaufman to shame.