• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who make the best villains? INTJ or ENTP?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTPs are more entertaining IMO.

Lucky_Rabbit

MBTI Type
iNTp
Enneagram
IDK
INTP's would be great villians. but it wouldnt be clear who they were. in The Usual Suspect kevin spaey was an INTP, Leonardo in Catch me if u can was an INTP.. we're just villians who work alone and even when we're witha group we do things to benefit ourselves more than the group. If u cant see an INTP as a villian than most likely u've been affected by one and not know it... We're that good

Lucky_Rabbit

MBTI Type
iNTp
Enneagram
IDK
And I think Joker is an INTP. He shows emotion like an ENTP but he isnt seen outide his activities so he withdraws to gain energy (introvert) nor is he egotistical nor is he quite and methodic like INTJ... he has back up plans for his plans, and if it fails he tries to do something spontaneous, and likes a challenge

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Depends on the form of entertainment you like. You can laugh with the ENTP or at the INTJ.

Best get those laughs in while you can. :devil:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Best get those laughs in while you can. :devil:

Exactly.
ENTPs are much more likely (or just more quick) to forgive than INTJs

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
And I think Joker is an INTP. He shows emotion like an ENTP but he isnt seen outide his activities so he withdraws to gain energy (introvert) nor is he egotistical nor is he quite and methodic like INTJ...

There's a reason for him not being seen outside of his "activities": he's the most wanted criminal in the Batman world :doh:
You claim he's not egotistical (clearly disputable) and that this somehow points away from either ENTP or INTJ, but the lousy sentence structure makes it impossible to decipher which one. In any case, I'd like you to explain how being egotistical is inherent to certain MBTI types and not to others.

he has back up plans for his plans, and if it fails he tries to do something spontaneous, and likes a challenge

This seems wildly self-contradictory. I'd say he has one overall plan, but no real contingency plans, which would have been a J trait anyway. Everything else is spontaneous once things have been set in motion. I honestly don't see how this points to INTP rather than ENTP.

janga549

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFP's would make the best...because we are so secretive and hidden and intuitive.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This seems wildly self-contradictory. I'd say he has one overall plan, but no real contingency plans, which would have been a J trait anyway. Everything else is spontaneous once things have been set in motion. I honestly don't see how this points to INTP rather than ENTP.

While I retain my stance that Joker is a deranged ENFP, I also don't see him as INTP. His goals seem like they aren't empirically or materially beneficial to himself, which I could see in an INTP villain too, but they're also much more to do with changing the feelings and attitudes of others and (at times) just for the thrill of it (Joker's probably more willing to die pursuing his goal, and may even see that as a kind of way of achieving it, which I doubt an INTP villain would be into).

Both the Joker and an INTP baddie would probably be hard to bargain with just because, in theory, you don't have anything more appealing to them than achieving their initial goal is, however (the Joker would enjoy killing and torturing you, the INTP would probably only torture or draw out your pain if it was necessary to help understand whatever idea or concept he's after. He wouldn't particularly enjoy it, but it wouldn't bother him either). An INTP probably wouldn't have that same sense of theatricality as the Joker, either, unless it specifically added in his purpose. Essentially, I think the INTP would be efficient, foregoing the sense of real joy/pride/"artistic fulfillment" or occasional random act of violence characteristic of the Joker's actions.

If you want an INTP villain in the Batman universe, I'd look to Scarecrow. Virtually everything he does isn't for any real power or influence, but to satiate his insane obsession with better understanding fear. He doesn't even seem to know what he'll do with that understanding once he feels satisfied with it. Maybe he'd just write a book. Scarecrow doesn't have victims (or as I sometimes think the Joker would think of them, works of artistic, ideological or emotional expression and/or just having a little fun) so much as 'involuntary test subjects'.

Lucky_Rabbit

MBTI Type
iNTp
Enneagram
IDK
Scarecrow is an ENTJ. he just wants to prove he can do what he said or thought to the world. INTP's dont want to prove anything, just like the Joker, They are happy they know the information they know, but dont any problem discussing it... or in this case showing u. like joker, he didnt try to prove u wrong he just points holes in ur theory. Batman is an easy ISTJ. Joker like him because batman was close to his Ti nature (Si + Te looks like Ti). and INTP dont look like an ISTJ but that calm lightning storm goin on in his appearance speaks to jokers Ti. an Entp or E/INTJ wouldnt care , in fact would want him dead to stop him interfering.

As far as theatrics, Intp are one of the beat actors, cuz we are continously in costume. Peter Parker is an introvert, but when he's spider man he seen as an Extravert, so why cant a villian do the same. If he was really afraid of being in public or getting caught, then how does he get away with dressing as a regular in broad daylight, he's the only villian who doesnt where a mask or hide behind a wall (Literal or metaphorical). WHo says an INTP doesnt get bored and commit a react act, we dont have a plan, we have a goal and certain things that need to take place, and the rest is impromtu. Essentially an ENTP but without the natural Fe to make us seem as weird as early as an ENTP does. At First they thought joker was just a regular nut case, but with time like the INTP u find out he's a special case of crazy. Organized noise

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Monsieur Thenardier is an ENTP.
Fagin is an ENTP.
Damon Salvatore and Katherine Pearce are ENTP.
Wile E. Coyote is an ENTP.
Bryan Moser and Lila West are ENTP.
Loki and subsequently The Mask are ENTP.
Alex DeLarge is an ENTP.
Mister Mxyzptlk is an ENTP.
Gizmo is an ENTP.
The Riddler and The Joker are ENTP.
(The fact that you can't decide whether The Joker is ENFP or INTP would only prove further that he's between the two i.e. ENTP).
Iago, according to many interpreters, is an ENTP.

I think we see a pattern :)

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
NTs as villains are so cliche, I want to know more about NFs as villains.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Scarecrow is an ENTJ.

I have a really rough time seeing Scarecrow as an E. But the debate does come down to motivation: I don't see the Scarecrow as trying to prove anything. Most of his early experiments, illegal though they were, were totally private and no one even knew he was experimenting with fear, much less him putting forth a thesis statement to ultimately prove. Once he became a supervillain (even before) Scarecrow is easily one of Batman's most loner villains. He very rarely has henchmen and virtually always strikes on his own. To me, he is a variation on the mad scientist INTP (in this case, a mad psychologist) who sees a phenomona he finds endlessly interesting and relentlessly pursues a total understanding of it for the sake of understanding itself.

rav3n

More effective are the unknown villains. So my vote goes to INTJs.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
my vote goes to ENTP everytime but then it could be just down to the difference in reaction of ENTPs and iNTJs to me an ENFP... But I definitely find the ENTP to be the more brutal!

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
INTJs are more effective.

ENTPs are more spectaculous.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Who makes a better villain? INTJ or ENTP?

I'd say it depends on the writer. ;)

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
it's really just a matter of personal taste and situational variables. any type couple be a class-A villian given the right set of circumstances.