User Tag List

First 12

Ok here is about what this is all about.

The thing is that I have a serious problem with education system of my country. I have a problem wiith the most basic prinnciple how we do things here.

It goes something like this.

Me: Why someone didn't make that classification ?
    Prof: Because *insert million reasons*
    Me: Ok, but what about the equipment you have show us in your presentation?
    Prof: Well those pictures were taken abroad and it is unlikely that you will work with something like that anytime soon. (if ever)
    Me : So what we will do on this class ? Will we research anything ?
    Prof: You know what ? I have wrote a book about this subject a few years ago so the only thing you have to do is learn all the fact from the book and then I will ask you 5 questions on the exam. That is it.

But since you don't apply any of that knowledge you forget most of it during next few months. What means that you don't get any real sense achivement. So thanks to this approach after years of being a student I have only about 6hours of practical experiance. What means that I am basicly good for nothing. (and as everybody knows INTJs don't like that)
    However other student are not that much bothered by this. Since everyone just wants the paper that they have finnished college.

So what I am trying to figure out is

1. Is it just me ?
    2. Would any other NTJ have a problem with this ?
    3. Would any sane person outside of my Eastern European banana republic have a problem with this ?

MBTI
    INTJ

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    NTJs do not need teeth. They live in their minds.
    I happened to be drinking from a glass of soda while I was reading though the comments of this thread. When I got to this one I choking on my drink though my laugh.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

MBTI
    INTJ

More or less on topic:

I've been wondering WHY extraverted thinking is closure oriented. Why would recognising that a procedure is imperfect lead one to want to see it perfected? Why should a logical appreciation of sequencing lead to instantiating that sequence? Why should knowing what should be done to complete a project lead one to actually insisting on completing that project? Why does one not merely observe the truth and move on?

It's an extraverted thinking value that one impose good external order? (And an introverted thinking value that one impose good internal order?)

Thinking functions have values? Or is it people who have values?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Ok here is about what this is all about.

Thanks to this approach after years of being a student I have only about 6hours of practical experiance. What means that I am basicly good for nothing. (and as everybody knows INTJs don't like that)
    However other student are not that much bothered by this. Since everyone just wants the paper that they have finnished college.

So what I am trying to figure out is

1. Is it just me ?
    2. Would any other NTJ have a problem with this ?
    3. Would any sane person outside of my Eastern European banana republic have a problem with this ?
    No, it isnít you. Itís a fundamental flaw that needs to be addressed in your school/college.

So far, these are the only reasons I can think of as to why your school has a teaching method as lousy as it is:
    1. Your teachers are only being catering to the auditory crowd, leaving the visual learners and tactile learners to sit in the back of the class without the benefit of an education.
    2. Your teachers are trying to keep the equipment pristine so that when (I donít know what they are actually called ) an educational inspector comes in to see if you guys are well equipped, the teachers can point to the unused stuff and say ďsee? They have the tools they need to excel in the class.Ē
    3. Youíre teachers donít bother with one-on-one training.

The only solution I can come up with that wonít turn your teaches into your enemies is to record the lectures and look up on-line tutorials on what ever subject youíre having trouble in.

Would any sane person outside of my Eastern European banana republic have a problem with this ?
    The story youíre telling is hauntingly similar to what my brother went though. He was a perfectly normal boy, but someone who had difficulty learning if it wasnít Ďhands-on.í Rather than cater to his needs, they sent him to the back of the classroom, told him to be quiet. He had a string of bad teachers like that, and so he struggled though elementary, junior high, and high school.

If what youíre going though is anything like that, then you have my firm support and righteous anger toward your college.

(sorry for my outburst.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    More or less on topic:

I've been wondering WHY extraverted thinking is closure oriented. Why would recognising that a procedure is imperfect lead one to want to see it perfected? Why should a logical appreciation of sequencing lead to instantiating that sequence? Why should knowing what should be done to complete a project lead one to actually insisting on completing that project? Why does one not merely observe the truth and move on?

It's an extraverted thinking value that one impose good external order? (And an introverted thinking value that one impose good internal order?)

Thinking functions have values? Or is it people who have values?

My vote goes to "people".

Well I don't mind researching and some randomness when it comes to ideas. (as Teslashock said)

However my problem is that I am not doing anying. I haven't learn how to do anything. Plus I am not really learning the theory since I have to learn large number of unnrelated fact which I don't rememeber for long since I don't apply them. Also I have a new plie of fact to learn every day. So in the end I simply forget most thing.

However the things are not this simple. Since if you have a generations that don't know how to do anything. Then you technically have a self-destruction of a society on the long run.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    More or less on topic:

Wanting closure for learning a topic is sort of a J thing (wanting to know how the knowledge will end up being useful.) Partial information is flawed information; and by acting on flawed information, whether or not you find useful results would end up being a matter of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    No, it isnít you. Itís a fundamental flaw that needs to be addressed in your school/college.

So far, these are the only reasons I can think of as to why your school has a teaching method as lousy as it is:
    1. Your teachers are only being catering to the auditory crowd, leaving the visual learners and tactile learners to sit in the back of the class without the benefit of an education.
    2. Your teachers are trying to keep the equipment pristine so that when (I donít know what they are actually called ) an educational inspector comes in to see if you guys are well equipped, the teachers can point to the unused stuff and say ďsee? They have the tools they need to excel in the class.Ē
    3. Youíre teachers donít bother with one-on-one training.

The only solution I can come up with that wonít turn your teaches into your enemies is to record the lectures and look up on-line tutorials on what ever subject youíre having trouble in.

The story youíre telling is hauntingly similar to what my brother went though. He was a perfectly normal boy, but someone who had difficulty learning if it wasnít Ďhands-on.í Rather than cater to his needs, they sent him to the back of the classroom, told him to be quiet. He had a string of bad teachers like that, and so he struggled though elementary, junior high, and high school.

If what youíre going though is anything like that, then you have my firm support and righteous anger toward your college.

(sorry for my outburst.)

Well I don't mind theory at all. However I really have the need to be able to do something with it for the most part.

Also I don't don't think that majority of teacher are really bad people. Because it is a fact that they are underfunded since goverment is spending money on nonsense.

It is just the system as a whole is not working at all. I mean this is not just my college this is country wide phenomenon.

MBTI
    INTJ

It is just the system as a whole is not working at all. I mean this is not just my college this is country wide phenomenon.
    Too many students and not enough field trip money (If the equipment you were talking about was off-campus). If this is the case, then Iím not sure what to do.

(sorry for my outburst earlier, I got my education from public schools down around Los Angeles, California [we have terrible schools] )