• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What is it people want?

capricorn009

That are always ganging up on other people with nit picking to try to change them and make them submissive? People that compare someone to everybody else suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

capricorn009

yep, i've just realized it's best to try to ignore them and not let them get to you because
they are good at twisting things to hide their own perceived inadequacies.

ENTJ

Little_Sticks

Booze, a good mate, good healthy food, good lifestyle, and money? Oh, and people like to grow their dicks. Women have the biggest ones and if you don't grow it or it shrinks, suddenly you have low self-esteem. So what am I talking about?

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Booze, a good mate, good healthy food, good lifestyle, and money? Oh, and people like to grow their dicks. Women have the biggest ones and if you don't grow it or it shrinks, suddenly you have low self-esteem. So what am I talking about?

Your mom.
:p too easy

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
What is it people want?

I am going to take a wild guess and say .. Never speculate, what one wants another may not.

I want to go to space camp.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That are always ganging up on other people with nit picking to try to change them and make them submissive? People that compare someone to everybody else suck.

Why not just ask them? It's basically ignorant behaviors and if you get them really answer why they did that, they have no answer and generally stop. The ones that continue this behavior are the beasts.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
John Lennon answered this question: "They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool"

Basically a lot of people, are jealous of anyone they see as stronger, and contemptful of anyone they see as weaker. They cling at you to show vulnerability and then when you do, they won't be interested any more. Go figure.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
obedience, respect, gratitude, and your money.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it's simple, they want you to agree with them or fuck off

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

He, this appplies for me. When I tell this friend of mine that he has got better thought out opinions than x person, he usually answers with "but aren't you just saying that because I agree with you more than they do?": to which I can only respond by laughing, because it's true.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just sat on my leg until it went numb.
Anyway, this is a common problem.
Call them on it, as someone said. Ask why they're doing this.
I had to do something like it a while ago...
A friend of mine started acting up a lot, trying to take "my" role/position in the group of friends we're in.
Asked him what he was doing in a calm way, presented the whole thing and left him sort of speechless, since it was pretty obvious why he exhibited such behavior.
Basically, he was unhappy with something else (girl problems) and probably subconsciously tried to make up for his failure by being big and bad somewhere else.
Anyway, I didn't take it in front of anyone else and presented the thing calmly.
That's a new strategy for me, and it works... He has not been bothering me since.
I like when people are with me, instead of the opposite.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

^^^^^This.... It's rampant

What they want is to stay in their little comfort zones and they resent anyone or anything that challenges that.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^^^^This.... It's rampant

What they want is to stay in their little comfort zones and they resent anyone or anything that challenges that.

I disagree:newwink:

But yeah even as an NF sycophant this yes-man, uni-mind bullshit can be annoying for me. I have no problem disagreeing with people as long as it hasn't devolved into "I am louder, more aggressive therefore I am right" debate. They usually do win because I shrink back from their intimidation, but to me debates don't have to be confrontations, they're more like a cooperative ironing out of the truth (or at least should be). The most argumentative people I know are also the dumbest and least logical, I hope the rest of you don't have that problem. It gets frustrating getting beat into submission by obnoxiousness.

But I really don't mind people arguing so much as I mind people nitpicking and magnifying insignificant details. This is where I occasionally run into problems with thinking types, probably just immature ones (or maybe I am the immature one who can't be bothered to pay attention to details)

Person #1: I like spaghetti with a lot of sauce
Person #2: I like spaghetti with a moderate amount of sauce
Person #1 & #2: We are far too different to ever get along, let us go our separate ways

Sometimes sacrificing a little truth just to shut up overly emotional idiots, tedious know-it-all's and to bridge interpersonal gaps is necessary, so I just give in to small things. However I acknowledge there can be a problem with this submissiveness, if you don't know when to be assertive like me.

My Fe-dom ex was a terrible monstrous girl to argue with. I ended up just giving in and giving in to her illogical and unfair points until the next thing you know I felt so stifled and marginalized that I had to restrain myself from bashing her over the head and savagely murdering her.:steam:It is nearing the 1 year anniversary of our break-up and I am still festering with all my unexpressed resentment.

There is a balance that I think is important to strike between conceding your point and never compromising what you think is true.

R

Riva

Unlimited isn't it.

Mostly sensory stimuli. I can prove anyone wrong if they try to prove this wrong.