User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. #21
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Unlimited isn't it.

    Mostly sensory stimuli. I can prove anyone wrong if they try to prove this wrong.
    Ads that sell that kind of stuff disgust me somewhat- take Wrigley's "Stimulate your senses" ads for example.
    Last edited by Asterion; 04-04-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spealing
    5 3 9

  2. #22
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Adds that sell that kind of stuff disgust me somewhat- take Wrigley's "Stimulate your senses" ads for example.
    Never seen it. But thank you for agreeing. :workout:

  3. #23
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Mostly I suck it up, and grit my teeth. If it's too much, I remove myself.
    If I care about you, I'll attempt to talk it over when I'm calm. Otherwise, I just won't bother because I really don't care.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I disagree

    But yeah even as an NF sycophant this yes-man, uni-mind bullshit can be annoying for me. I have no problem disagreeing with people as long as it hasn't devolved into "I am louder, more aggressive therefore I am right" debate. They usually do win because I shrink back from their intimidation, but to me debates don't have to be confrontations, they're more like a cooperative ironing out of the truth (or at least should be). The most argumentative people I know are also the dumbest and least logical, I hope the rest of you don't have that problem. It gets frustrating getting beat into submission by obnoxiousness.

    But I really don't mind people arguing so much as I mind people nitpicking and magnifying insignificant details. This is where I occasionally run into problems with thinking types, probably just immature ones (or maybe I am the immature one who can't be bothered to pay attention to details)

    Person #1: I like spaghetti with a lot of sauce
    Person #2: I like spaghetti with a moderate amount of sauce
    Person #1 & #2: We are far too different to ever get along, let us go our separate ways

    Sometimes sacrificing a little truth just to shut up overly emotional idiots, tedious know-it-all's and to bridge interpersonal gaps is necessary, so I just give in to small things. However I acknowledge there can be a problem with this submissiveness, if you don't know when to be assertive like me.

    My Fe-dom ex was a terrible monstrous girl to argue with. I ended up just giving in and giving in to her illogical and unfair points until the next thing you know I felt so stifled and marginalized that I had to restrain myself from bashing her over the head and savagely murdering her.:steam:It is nearing the 1 year anniversary of our break-up and I am still festering with all my unexpressed resentment.
    There is a balance that I think is important to strike between conceding your point and never compromising what you think is true.
    OMG!!! I could have written this post myself.. Esepcially the bold.. although it's just past the 5 month mark for me.. and I am forgiving her and myself more and more each day.. I think I understand the why of the situation and we had it rough..There is still some resentment though

    Otherwise this a very well worded post.

    I feel like I can't win.. I either get walked all over or stand up for myself and make enemies. I have alredy ruffled some feathers here and don't think I am too popular with a few members.
    So like mentioned already, I am resented for being weak or hated for being strong.
    Very frustrating

  5. #25
    A passer by yvonne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    564

    Default

    it's pretty hard when you think you have something to say (and you think it's an intelligent thing to say, too)... but you won't, because there's someone in a group everyone sort of bows/ caters to, just because they're loud and obnoxious... but anyway... enough about that. the problem is probably me, anyway. at least there's a chance to leave, if you feel you are being beat into submission...

    being flexible is one thing and being submissive is another... and i refuse to be submissive, but i refuse to be a problem... and sometimes with people like that it's impossible to compromise... sigh.
    Enneagram 5w4.

  6. #26
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn009 View Post
    What is it people want?
    Bread and circuses.

  7. #27
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    I think they don't have hobbies and are bored so they interfere with other people for entertainment. If you look like you aren't bored and don't want to play with them, they take it personally and mess with you more.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  8. #28
    Senior Member Gewitter27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    651

    Default

    People want to suck the very life force out of others. Sheesh, I hate people. They make me so angry, and very very few of them aren't soulsucking parasites.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

  9. #29
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    People want to suck the very life force out of others. Sheesh, I hate people. They make me so angry, and very very few of them aren't soulsucking parasites.
    ime, only a few are 'soulsucking', the majority are okay. It's just that it only takes one person to spoil the whole bunch, and people are inherently imperfect, and hence spoiled.
    5 3 9

  10. #30
    Senior Member Gewitter27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    ime, only a few are 'soulsucking', the majority are okay. It's just that it only takes one person to spoil the whole bunch, and people are inherently imperfect, and hence spoiled.
    Of course. But when you find yourself surrounded by those people, you become bitter and misanthropic about the whole thing.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. What is it with people needing "deeper meaning" in their work?
    By The Wailing Specter in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-23-2017, 12:11 PM
  2. [INTJ] what is it with INTJ's a germanic sounding names/military avatars?
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 05:10 AM
  3. [MBTItm] im not sure what is it about people who want power, like control that just makes me
    By jcloudz in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 10:23 PM
  4. Common sense - what is it and who has it?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 12:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO