User Tag List

First 123 Last

obedience, respect, gratitude, and your money.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

it's simple, they want you to agree with them or fuck off
    5 3 9

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    He, this appplies for me. When I tell this friend of mine that he has got better thought out opinions than x person, he usually answers with "but aren't you just saying that because I agree with you more than they do?": to which I can only respond by laughing, because it's true.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I just sat on my leg until it went numb.
    Anyway, this is a common problem.
    Call them on it, as someone said. Ask why they're doing this.
    I had to do something like it a while ago...
    A friend of mine started acting up a lot, trying to take "my" role/position in the group of friends we're in.
    Asked him what he was doing in a calm way, presented the whole thing and left him sort of speechless, since it was pretty obvious why he exhibited such behavior.
    Basically, he was unhappy with something else (girl problems) and probably subconsciously tried to make up for his failure by being big and bad somewhere else.
    Anyway, I didn't take it in front of anyone else and presented the thing calmly.
    That's a new strategy for me, and it works... He has not been bothering me since.
    I like when people are with me, instead of the opposite.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    ^^^^^This.... It's rampant

What they want is to stay in their little comfort zones and they resent anyone or anything that challenges that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    what's going on here o_O
    This.

I want an orange marmalade souffle.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn009 View Post
    That are always ganging up on other people with nit picking to try to change them and make them submissive? People that compare someone to everybody else suck.
    People that compare, suck.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I just sat on my leg until it went numb.
    Anyway, this is a common problem.
    Have you seen a doctor?

(making a case for clarity in antecedents)

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by No Exit View Post
    ^^^^^This.... It's rampant

What they want is to stay in their little comfort zones and they resent anyone or anything that challenges that.
    I disagree

But yeah even as an NF sycophant this yes-man, uni-mind bullshit can be annoying for me. I have no problem disagreeing with people as long as it hasn't devolved into "I am louder, more aggressive therefore I am right" debate. They usually do win because I shrink back from their intimidation, but to me debates don't have to be confrontations, they're more like a cooperative ironing out of the truth (or at least should be). The most argumentative people I know are also the dumbest and least logical, I hope the rest of you don't have that problem. It gets frustrating getting beat into submission by obnoxiousness.

But I really don't mind people arguing so much as I mind people nitpicking and magnifying insignificant details. This is where I occasionally run into problems with thinking types, probably just immature ones (or maybe I am the immature one who can't be bothered to pay attention to details)

Person #1: I like spaghetti with a lot of sauce
    Person #2: I like spaghetti with a moderate amount of sauce
    Person #1 & #2: We are far too different to ever get along, let us go our separate ways

Sometimes sacrificing a little truth just to shut up overly emotional idiots, tedious know-it-all's and to bridge interpersonal gaps is necessary, so I just give in to small things. However I acknowledge there can be a problem with this submissiveness, if you don't know when to be assertive like me.

My Fe-dom ex was a terrible monstrous girl to argue with. I ended up just giving in and giving in to her illogical and unfair points until the next thing you know I felt so stifled and marginalized that I had to restrain myself from bashing her over the head and savagely murdering her.:steam:It is nearing the 1 year anniversary of our break-up and I am still festering with all my unexpressed resentment.

There is a balance that I think is important to strike between conceding your point and never compromising what you think is true.

Riva

Unlimited isn't it.

Mostly sensory stimuli. I can prove anyone wrong if they try to prove this wrong.