Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Default INTP's Amoral or Immoral?

Amoral-ism: The complete absence of moral beliefs..Unaware of or indifferent to questions of right or wrong.

Immoral-ism: The understanding of morals but choosing to not conform to them.

So my first question, am I the only one that feels either one of these two almost all the time?
    And question two (if I am not the only one) which one do you think exists more consistently with the INTP?
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Being that INTPs use Fe, I would say that they are not by definition amoral.

Their value-judgment function is quaternary (inferior), so they may be the least likely to adhere to a moral code.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Ok so something more along the lines of choosing logic over morality? That is more like what happens to me most of the time, but sometime I just don't see why some things are moral and others aren't (still, might have something to do with the logic of them lol)
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Could you give me an example of choosing logic over morality? I want to make my post relevant to what you have in mind. I have a tendency to miss the mark when guessing specifics.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

What I've seen, in my husband at least, is a very strong set of morals that may or may not line up with other people's concepts of morality. IMO his moral code is superior to most people's and he follows his own code a lot more than most people do.

He will comply with people's expectations up to a point in order to avoid the hassle that goes along with making waves, but not much more than that.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i got pretty strong morals, but if someone brakes my moral rules, i wont act morally at all towards him anymore

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    What I've seen, in my husband at least, is a very strong set of morals that may or may not line up with other people's concepts of morality. IMO his moral code is superior to most people's and he follows his own code a lot more than most people do.
    That's the way I operate as well.

I don't really concern myself with so much with the fiat morality that's legislated by laws of the people, religious dictates or whatever. I live by a set of self-defined principles that enable me to get along peacefully in society. True, a lot of these respect those aforementioned laws and dictates, but others ignore certain of them. Either way I go through life not causing harm to others. I wouldn't call that amoral or immoral no matter how else it might be defined.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post

He will comply with people's expectations up to a point in order to avoid the hassle that goes along with making waves, but not much more than that.
    This!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Alright a case I would choose logic over morality would probably be something like the illegal status of marijuana for fully developed adults (and having people-killing cigarettes and alcohol legal), or also something like protecting a country like Israel over other countries.
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by olly_olly View Post
    Alright a case I would choose logic over morality would probably be something like the illegal status of marijuana for fully developed adults (and having people-killing cigarettes and alcohol legal), or also something like protecting a country like Israel over other countries.
    Perhaps to those with the power it is logical to have tobacco and alcohol be legal. Perhaps it's not about morality. Perhaps it keeps them in their exclusive community and their children in private school.