User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default What do INTPs and INTJs think about each other?

So I just realized that everyone that I consider myself to click with is an INTP. Do any other INTJs find themselves drawn to INTPs more so than other types? What do INTPs think about INTJs?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm not drawn to INTPs more than any other type. There are about 5 or 6 types I'm drawn to more before INTPs. I have no problem with INTPs though. Actually when it comes to INTPs the range of differences between the type is very vast. Perhaps more so than any other type. I find I can be drawn to one INTP and repelled away from another. One clicks and the other I cannot even try to get myself to like.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I find INTJ's are somewhat more likely to be activists than INTP's, so I've ended up working with a lot of them, and learnt many good traits (like keeping an agenda, taking notes at meetings, setting out plans clearly).

I get on well, though I find there's a divide between the contented "chilled out" ones who have settled on a role in the world, and the "angsty" ones who have not yet - definitely get on with the former more easily.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

If INTJ's are the rule, INTP's are the exception. :P

What I've noticed from my INTP-INTJ relations, is that we generally get along well, once we get to know each other. But I can totally stroke an INTJ I don't know in the wrong way from time to time. I never seem to have a problem with INTJ's though. I benefit from their Te. It's like they do my dirty work.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I get on well, though I find there's a divide between the contented "chilled out" ones who have settled on a role in the world, and the "angsty" ones who have not yet - definitely get on with the former more easily.
    Chilled out INTJ? Sounds like an oxymoron.

I never met one I "clicked" with, to my knowledge. I find them difficult to read. And prickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i have had intj friend for over 10 years, but for some reason we never really spent much time just the two of us. his Ti stupidity is pretty funny to me at times, but he is really smart Te/Ni. we have had some really fun quantum physic(and things related) talks that lasted till 9am.

we have always been kind of rivals someway, nothing serious, but like "muah, i can do this better than you"(we actually say it like that at times)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I benefit from their Te. It's like they do my dirty work.
    and this for sure

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Chilled out INTJ? Sounds like an oxymoron.

I never met one I "clicked" with, to my knowledge. I find them difficult to read. And prickly.
    Ok not chilled out about plans and timekeeping maybe, but imagine a secure, phlegmatic INTJ, then imagine an angsty, neurotic INTJ.

that's the diff I was referring to.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I feel very comfortable with intps more so than any type,they often share my interests but are more laid back and easier to get along with than the few intjs i have met. I find it very difficult to get along with other intjs. I have only known three other intjs none of them very closely, however i do remember getting into quite intense arguements with all of them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The two INTJ's in my family were two of my favorite people in the world. Because we were close family members, I was automatically a part of their inner circle. I was able to gain access past that tough outer layer. Once you get past that outer layer, it gets pretty interesting (in a good way).

The INTJ's that I meet are very intriguing and I've said this before, but it's like they don't want to be friends. I keep a pretty small circle of friends myself, but when I see the INTx in them, I see a lot of friendship potential or at least a good contact to have that could perhaps be mutually beneficial in terms of knowledge sharing and stuff like that.

But, as someone else alluded to, they're kind of prickly. I don't know if highly introverted INTP's come off that way too, but I've never met another type that seemed less interested in making friends than my own type is (until I met a few INTJ's). Usually I'm the one giving off the "leave me alone" vibe, but the INTJ's I've met (outside of my family) just seem to give off a vibe of "Yeah, we're cool with each other, but keep your distance fool!" Which kind of sucks, because I know how much fun these types can have together.

What's up with that INTJ's?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    What's up with that INTJ's?
    What's up with that.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --