First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Chilled out INTJ? Sounds like an oxymoron.

I never met one I "clicked" with, to my knowledge. I find them difficult to read. And prickly.
    Prickly, yes. Also can be a bit bossy. But in a working environment, I vastly prefer them to other INTPs because they have their shit together and don't waffle about making decisions.

On a vacation however, I prefer an INTP like myself. I have to remind INTJ friends/relatives sometimes that they are ON vacation and no we don't need to re-read the 10-point agenda for the day, thank you.

Edited to add that really this could be a general comment about J/P types. Mostly because (obviously) that's the main difference. Otherwise INTJ are great. We get the same humor, aren't phased by "but think of the children" and can nerd out quite happily.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I do get along with INTPs quite well - better in fact than other INTJs. We seem to compliment each other while not being so different that there is much conflict. INTPs seem to calm me down.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post

Hedgehogs are my new favorite animal. I didn't realize how much I had in common with them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

INTJs: We share similar interests and hold engaging conversations. There is always an underlying level of tension, regardless. Their seemingly endless sarcasm wears me down after time (even if I get a kick out of it, too), and my goofy silliness irritates them, although I make them laugh. Summary: We amuse each other and irritate each other in equal measure. Each thinks the other is interesting, but slightly deficient. There is little to no emotional connection, but plenty of jokes and ideas are tossed around. Intellectually stimulating, emotionally void.

Also, there are no worries about being politically correct or sensitive about certain topics. Anything goes. Fun, but abrasive simultaneously...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by LTEW
    The peculiar disconnect that nearly always happens between INTJs and INTPs. From the INTJ's standpoint: "He seems awfully attached to his model, as if it's the only possible one. There are so many possibilities he hasn't ruled out. His argumentation is simply unfair: he is choosing observations to stack the deck to favor his interpretation over all others. He seems oblivious to the complexity of the subject. He does not seem to know what he's doing."

From the INTP's standpoint: "I'm trying to point things out and draw distinctions in order to define a vocabulary that carves out some aspect of the subject matter. That would be forward progress. But he refuses to look. He keeps translating everything I say into some moronic vocabulary that he's already familiar with, where what I'm saying is a trivial goof. He seems completely stuck in his box."
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

I'm not good at typing, but the self-identified INTPs I've encountered are awesome. They're enough like me that I get them, but different enough that they're not boring. If only they made more sense! :p

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    On a vacation however, I prefer an INTP like myself. I have to remind INTJ friends/relatives sometimes that they are ON vacation and no we don't need to re-read the 10-point agenda for the day, thank you.
    This made me laugh, because I have been accused of this on more than one occasion. One travel companion went so far as to derisively make me a "Clipboard Of Fun" to organize all my schedules and information.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

i have a INxJ (tho i would guess T rather than F) friend
    and we get along great, same interest and can talk for hours but seem to disagree a whole lot

also, this may be a weird way of putting it but:
    house and einstein, i TOTALLY see it working

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^Hedgehog's dilemma...astute point

I don't know many in the irl but am found of the the type and can relate to their writings more than any other types. Someday may look for an INTJ as a business partner...if we don't kill each other we will do well. The idea of an INTJ female mate sounds cool but a lot of the few I have ran across seem too serious.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ

I have an INTP boyfriend. I think, if I had not met him when he was drunk, and if my interest in him had not been piqued by a mutual friend (who just thought we would get along well), we would not have had a chance to intrigue each other enough to get to an actual date.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    INTJs: We share similar interests and hold engaging conversations. There is always an underlying level of tension, regardless. Their seemingly endless sarcasm wears me down after time (even if I get a kick out of it, too), and my goofy silliness irritates them, although I make them laugh. Summary: We amuse each other and irritate each other in equal measure. Each thinks the other is interesting, but slightly deficient. There is little to no emotional connection, but plenty of jokes and ideas are tossed around. Intellectually stimulating, emotionally void.

Also, there are no worries about being politically correct or sensitive about certain topics. Anything goes. Fun, but abrasive simultaneously...
    This makes me smile, because this is very much how it is for us, and I love it. We definitely have an emotional, physical connection, though. I've never met anyone else who could kiss me so thoroughly I was actually dizzy.

Where we have disconnects are things like planning/organizing. I am an extremely organized list maker. I'm not sure we could take a long vacation together without his laid back, whatever attitude giving me an anxiety attack. Or I might have 4-5 things to do this weekend, and am accused of "loading up his day with tasks."

Also, I like to logically talk through and resolve a disagreement, with tasked actionable items as appropriate. He get frustrated and needs to get away from the discussion and hibernate for a period of time, with no need to resolve things right away.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

From this thread I conclude that everyone loves INTPs; but even other INTJs can barely stand INTJs.

This is at it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.