• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and fun

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Shhhhhh-be very quiet so the entps dont hear..... I am going to whisper this given you placed the thread in their section....

(I kinda know how you feel)

Yeah their brains all exploded anyways but you are an istj who used to be an enfp, I am an enfp, so I think this sorta may be okay....but I could be wrong...so you can be offended and I will apologize in advance.

When I was a kid I hid behind an INFJ shadow-but this isnt like an INFJ-it is more just a blank Fe wall to keep people out.

I just never felt anything, happy, sad, excitement, enthusiasm-just empty and dull. I felt sort of stable, but very isolated and removed from other people. It was like I was an enfp-but it was all stuck inside my head isolated from everyone. I did not care at all what other thought, I did not care what they did. I did not need to interact with them.

I didnt even feel lonely oddly enough-just a content isolation. If anything mild annoyance now and then.:hug:

as someone so incisively put it, bubble sex

sculpting

It was good... better than entp sex...

(EDIT: But not as good as INTP sex...)

*thrump* thrump* thrump* off to gallop under rainbows I go...:wubbie:

sculpting

Do ENFPs really need to experiment with drugs???

rainbow_1455919i.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what's bubble sex?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
take ecstasy. Experiment with drugs.

god don't tell him that!

'Don't tell him that' because it's awesome and he might like it a little bit too much and become addicted, or 'don't tell him that' because he might actually try it and discover something great that completely goes against societies norms.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
'Don't tell him that' because it's awesome and he might like it a little bit too much and become addicted, or 'don't tell him that' because he might actually try it and discover something great that completely goes against societies norms.

it's because it's shit advice. it's not like drugs aren't everywhere making the option obvious as hell as a choice.

if he's the type, fine, he'll come to that conclusion on his own. he doesn't need someone 'advising' him to do something that could fuck him up for life.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have thought of drugs before actually. LSD in particular is something I want to try out.

I'm kinda worry I might have a bad trip though, knowing how unhealthy my mind has been the last 3 years or so always.

And thanks so much for everyone's input. Specially you Digest.

I just never felt anything, happy, sad, excitement, enthusiasm-just empty and dull. I felt sort of stable, but very isolated and removed from other people. It was like I was an enfp-but it was all stuck inside my head isolated from everyone. I did not care at all what other thought, I did not care what they did. I did not need to interact with them.

I relate to the last three sentences ...the first one not so much. I can definitely feel extreme sadness at times.

sculpting

I relate to the last three sentences ...the first one not so much. I can definitely feel extreme sadness at times.

Hey sorry This-that-thar guy and me turned your thread into bubble sex land. Ne is on crack....go figure....

Anyways you sound more like me most days honestly. Like Te walls maybe? They make you very tough, pretty strong, impervious to pain. Except they crack and you still feel all alone at times-thus really sad and isolated.

You can try drugs-although I suggest steering away from meth-just an Ne gut feel on this one-but have you thought of things that will force you to feel instead?

Things that will pull Fi out of you? Things that force you to empathize with others? Somehow helping other people? I think ENFPs may be designed biological to "give back" to the social group in some way. If we dont do this, maybe we sort of implode upon ourselves? I dunno, lots of thoughts here, but maybe find volenteer work of some sort?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hey sorry This-that-thar guy and me turned your thread into bubble sex land. Ne is on crack....go figure....

Anyways you sound more like me most days honestly. Like Te walls maybe? They make you very tough, pretty strong, impervious to pain. Except they crack and you still feel all alone at times-thus really sad and isolated.

You can try drugs-although I suggest steering away from meth-just an Ne gut feel on this one-but have you thought of things that will force you to feel instead?

Things that will pull Fi out of you? Things that force you to empathize with others? Somehow helping other people? I think ENFPs may be designed biological to "give back" to the social group in some way. If we dont do this, maybe we sort of implode upon ourselves? I dunno, lots of thoughts here, but maybe find volenteer work of some sort?

I do feel a lot of empathy towards others. I have ridiculously high Fi. But yeah...my style of interaction can be pretty Te and Ti based. That empahty isn't completely apparent to other people sometimes. They just see a very independent maverick-y character that seems to show that empathy more like an ESTP would or something...like protective of his group but otherwise somewhat emotionally distant. It doesn't help that I've created this character for myself that jokes about everything so people don't tend to take me too seriously. More like a crazy funny guy that seems really unaffected by what happens around him kind of...

But yeah I've thought about volunteer work lots of time. Just going to Africa or whatever and living there with the less fortunate. I'm prone to extremes. I'm either extremely active doing something or not at all. So I doubt I could just do volunteer work part of the week and live my life normally otherwise. It would be too emotionally consuming I think...would find more motivation in seeing myself as being completely dedicated to a cause. But, I have all kinds of dreams regarding just living life as young man having fun, that seem to cockblock me into not risking such an enterprise. Not that I've been having a whole lot of fun at all.

And yeah I feel pretty tough and strong (and that's certainly how I come across to others) but constantly lonely. I can't even seem to find joy anymore in social gatherings like I used to. And even when I do it doesn't seem to come from the heart...feels like I'm playing out my goofy façade to keep other people laughing and having a good time. It feels like my duty to keep others happy the best way I can...but I always had a really hard time in doing things to make myself happy.

Doesn't help that the couple of times I tried being the open happy-go-lucky ENFP that is really friendly...turned out really bad with people sort of making fun of me. I'm an 8 and I'm not even sure there is a way to reconcile that with ENFPdom....so I can only feel okay if I feel strong...

Anyway, sounding way to emo now. But yeah, drugs, let me have them! :D

sculpting

I do feel a lot of empathy towards others. I have ridiculously high Fi. But yeah...my style of interaction can be pretty Te and Ti based. That empahty isn't completely apparent to other people sometimes. They just see a very independent maverick-y character that seems to show that empathy more like an ESTP would or something...like protective of his group but otherwise somewhat emotionally distant. It doesn't help that I've created this character for myself that jokes about everything so people don't tend to take me too seriously. More like a crazy funny guy that seems really unaffected by what happens around him kind of...

The bolded parts I very strongly identify with. This is how people at work see me. Maybe I am just a male ENFP trapped in a woman's body? Typology is so fun!

Be careful with the term empathy as it actually applies very heavily to many Fe behaviors so I dont like to equate it with Fi. But yeah I recognize the caring very deeply. Do you feel that you care for them by taking care of them, more than showing emotion? When I see one of my friends get hurt, I get angry but then get very calm and develop an action plan to help them. Only very recently have I learned to just comfort them via empathy and consoling them. But then only with ENFPs. (I have always done this with INTJs though...go figure.)

But yeah I've thought about volunteer work lots of time. Just going to Africa or whatever and living there with the less fortunate. I'm prone to extremes. I'm either extremely active doing something or not at all. So I doubt I could just do volunteer work part of the week and live my life normally otherwise. It would be too emotionally consuming I think...would find more motivation in seeing myself as being completely dedicated to a cause. But, I have all kinds of dreams regarding just living life as young man having fun, that seem to cockblock me into not risking such an enterprise. Not that I've been having a whole lot of fun at all.

Yeah, I totally get the all or none approach. If I didnt have kids I wouldnt be employed where I am. I'd be like you said-off somewhere helping people, being part of an adventure. Since I cant do that I try and find little things to help others. As dumb as it sounds even picking up trash on the ground, or at mcdonalds, holding doors for old people, I dunno, just all the little things I can to to be of service to others. Each time you do these things, mentally remind yourself-you are being of service, and feel that caring. I really wish I could do more myself volunter wise. The cockblock-I'd guess that is Ne wanting to play, but at the end of the day your Fi bucket will still be empty I'd guess.

A couple of times last year when hanging out with my entp-crush we would go "swim in the sea of Ne"-meaning go bat shit crazy dancing, drinking and laying on the concrete staring at clouds drunk-fun, but it did not fill up the Fi bucket-actually left it even more empty.

And yeah I feel pretty tough and strong (and that's certainly how I come across to others) but constantly lonely. I can't even seem to find joy anymore in social gatherings like I used to. And even when I do it doesn't seem to come from the heart...feels like I'm playing out my goofy façade to keep other people laughing and having a good time. It feels like my duty to keep others happy the best way I can...but I always had a really hard time in doing things to make myself happy.

I would guess the goofy Facade is almost pure Ne silliness. It is a lot of fun but doesnt really build connections. So you can be really silly or really serious but still not have in-depth connections with others and feel lonely. Funny, I am satisfied by Te connections to 90% of the world. But Fi would be nice for the last 10%.

Doesn't help that the couple of times I tried being the open happy-go-lucky ENFP that is really friendly...turned out really bad with people sort of making fun of me. I'm an 8 and I'm not even sure there is a way to reconcile that with ENFPdom....so I can only feel okay if I feel strong...

Oh, I so understand this last part. Especially with ESTPs. (Which I do actually like a lot). But when open and honest, I am just really damned weird. I am goofy, silly, spastic, way too emo. I have found the folks who seem to be okay with it-The IXTJs, INTPs, young ENTPs, and other assorted Fi users-but yeah most of the normal world things I am pretty crazy. I tend to cycle back and forth with being way too honest, then feeling sad and depressed because I shared too much and people think I am weird.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you do for fun outside the house?

What activities have brought you most joy and excitement in life?

Have you ever been able to sustain that sense of fun for a relatively long period? How?

The ENTP sense of a boredom is well documented and I relate a lot to ENTP in certain ways, this being one of them.
I'm a pretty indoorsy person. I like smoking reefers with friends and playing videogames, just hanging out, or going to parties. I spend the majority of my time on the phone, IMing, or on forums like this one. Outdoors, I generally like lounging in a nice place, hanging out at the pool, and I enjoy a game of basketball once in a blue moon (Always lose, because I don't get enough practice).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I get stuck a lot. Restless and antsy. Like Digest (who always takes the words out of my mouth) I can't lay still and just imagine - I'd go insane. The curse of the Ne dom.

For the past decade or so, I wasn't aware of my feelings about boredom and stimulation, so I would do reckless things like just quitting a job on a whim and moving to any place my finger landed on a map. Then I would live there for a few months and work or whatever until the place became stale and I would start the process all over again.

Now, I kind of realized that changing the environment won't matter if I don't change my outlook on life and my goals. So I actively planned certain parts of my life. It served its purpose in a few ways: the planning stages kept me busy and reaching my goals made me feel accomplished and almost happy. I don't think that I will ever be that sunshiney girl, but I smile more now.

I still travel and stuff for fun, and lord knows that I still need to be constantly stimulated with books and music and whatever else, but it doesn't feel so oppressive anymore.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
ENTPs are the best.

ISTP/ENTP

-in the car-

ISTP driving.

ISTP: *silent, focusing on the road*
ENTP: "So I had this idea the other day..."
ISTP: "yeah, what was it?"
ENTP: *elaborates on said idea(s)*
ISTP: *drives and occasionally nods and alternates between yea, oh interesting, oh really? or yeah i see what you mean*

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTPs are the best.

ISTP/ENTP

-in the car-

ISTP driving.

ISTP: *silent, focusing on the road*
ENTP: "So I had this idea the other day..."
ISTP: "yeah, what was it?"
ENTP: *elaborates on said idea(s)*
ISTP: *drives and occasionally nods and alternates between yea, oh interesting, oh really? or yeah i see what you mean*

fascinating...:cheese:

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Most of the things I do or make are "for the fun of it."

Most of them are picture ideas, and the rest are random (e.g. software, philosophy, astronomy, business etc.) And as odd as this sounds, I like getting lost and finding my way out of things, that's an adventure to live for.

It's like exploration.

Try walking alongside of a highway only to find this at the edge:

Panoramio - Photo of Stairway to Cowell Ranch Beach

At the time, that beach wasn't on the map, hell even on the state parks website. I didn't "discover" it, but it sure felt like I did. That is fun.

:)

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
so, lately, since i noticed a couple years ago that the amount of time i spent outside getting some direct sunlight into my skin had a tremendous effect on my moods (meaning it elevated them), i've just been taking books, my laptop, etc. outside and lying on a lounge chair for a few hours.

winter can make me feel like shit. i get bored easily, and like you said, in a rut, when it's cold outside. i prefer sunlight and lots of it. thank god for the internet, tv, and books, or i'd go insane.

That's called Seasonal Afjustment Disorder