User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Chameleons YEA

MBTI
    INTP

Default Chameleons YEA

i have a theory that the intp's chameleon tendencies, if taken advantage of, can create a strong rapport between the intp and whoever they are talking to. any thoughts?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rfossr View Post
    i have a theory that the intp's chameleon tendencies, if taken advantage of, can create a strong rapport between the intp and whoever they are talking to. any thoughts?
    It's the reason we do it. Let's face it, if we didn't, no one would talk to us.

MBTI
    INTP

that makes sense, if we talked about our interests we'd bore them or confuse them. so-the fact that for some reason i can fake my way around people is an INTP characteristic?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rfossr View Post
    that makes sense, if we talked about our interests we'd bore them or confuse them. so-the fact that for some reason i can fake my way around people is an INTP characteristic?
    Not so much our interests, but if we didn't adjust our mannerisms and general demeanor to others, we can be a bit robotic, and thus, generally uncomfortable to be around. So mimicking things like word usage, body language, style of humor are simply what we do to get by.

MBTI
    INTP

im still trying to figure out my type. maybe im not intp because it seems like i can read people pretty well. and tend to know what they mean after the first few words-although i hate small talk and random socializing-always have-so maybe im in the wrong forum

MBTI
    PINT

I've never had a problem reading people, just being interested in talking to them or learning about them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah I think INTPs are pretty good with reading people per se when they give the task a minimal focus. Its what they do with it that can be a game killer.

For example reading someone playing Texas Hold em and then knowing what to do with it is pretty simple (although even this is debatable). In more complex social dynamics it can be frustrating and often lead to information overload well beyond what is necessary..."Does not compute! bzzz brrrring Pop!"

Chameleon effect is not only a game saver, it also makes interacting with others more bearable and such mirroring can be quiet pleasing to the recipient. I am pretty good at it but its not a automatic thing that I can turn on or off anytime I want. With me it can be prompted but usually it just happens...often I don't notice I was doing it until after it happens.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

According to Andy on The Office, the key to success is personality mirroring, name repetition, and never letting go of a handshake first...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I agree, it gets me far and I can do this well unless I'm tired or in a bad mood.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    entp

its called pretentiousness