User Tag List

123 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Default xNTJ's, Do you also keep a To-Do List?

Hey Guys.

I was just wondering if anyone keeps a well planned, and detailed To-Do list like me.

I have an obsession with keeping mine, there is nothing better than the feeling of small accomplishment you get scratching off a mundane task on the list.Sometimes, it may not be so mundane.

It's really frustrating when you can't scratch a task off for a long time. :steam:

I keep 3 different notepads,

1 for To-do, 1 for random ideas that I need to remember or consider later on, and one for things I need/or contemplate at the time.

I started making To-do lists 2 years ago, after I began to realize how useful and handy they are, esp for people with bad memories like me.

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, it makes my achievements more gratifying.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

No. I prefer to keep my plans open and flexible, so as to allow for adjustments. The closest I get is a mental list of things and a relative scale of importance.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I make to-do lists because the process of making the list is enjoyable. But then I never look at the list again. Being a P rocks!

Enneagram

Yes, I do it for thing that are necessary such as every day tasks and school work. I like a loose schedule with down time. I don't like every minute of time planned out.
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I don't understand why you guys don't do this mentally. I just have a whiteboard, and it's horrifically out of date.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yup. I'm a huge fan of lists and I have a hard time getting through my week without my calendar. I enjoy writing them, planing my days, and crossing them off when I've completed them. I have all sorts of lists, long-term, short-term, sometimes detailed, sometimes just a "vision". I have lists for just about everything, I think. Helps me make my thoughts more tangible and I won't have to worry about forgetting anything. When I have a clear view of what I need to accomplish, I can arrange them in a good order so that my days become more efficient. It really is a beautiful system.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't understand why you guys don't do this mentally. I just have a whiteboard, and it's horrifically out of date.
    I do, but the list is a back up in case I forget something.
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oddly Refined View Post
    I do, but the list is a back up in case I forget something.
    I figure if it's that important it will come back to me at an opportune time. It's interesting how much you guys love the whole "crossing it off" thing. When I complete something I'm almost bummed. The ride is over

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I figure if it's that important it will come back to me at an opportune time. It's interesting how much you guys love the whole "crossing it off" thing. When I complete something I'm almost bummed. The ride is over
    What ride are you talking about? What if it was boring work that you were crossing off?

--

I tried very hard to keep lists. Missing them however made me give up on the list. Imperfection lessens motivation basically.