• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] xNTJ's, Do you also keep a To-Do List?

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Lots of other lists but no to-do list, if it’s not worth remembering it’s not worth doing.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
No, I very rarely make explicit to-do lists.

When I'm packing for a trip, I do sometimes make a list of what I need to bring, which I guess could be viewed as a form of to-do (pack this, bring that, do x before you leave...). Actually, I'm not like this for anything else, but I have real problems with vacation packing. I've forgotten little things like toothbrush or comb, but I also forgot to bring dress shoes to my cousin's wedding. I once went on a trip and neglected to pack any underwear. Last year I forgot to pack any shirts for my family reunion. I don't do this for anything except packing -- the lists or the forgetting.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
No, I very rarely make explicit to-do lists.

When I'm packing for a trip, I do sometimes make a list of what I need to bring, which I guess could be viewed as a form of to-do (pack this, bring that, do x before you leave...). Actually, I'm not like this for anything else, but I have real problems with vacation packing. I've forgotten little things like toothbrush or comb, but I also forgot to bring dress shoes to my cousin's wedding. I once went on a trip and neglected to pack any underwear. Last year I forgot to pack any shirts for my family reunion. I don't do this for anything except packing -- the lists or the forgetting.

Ahah yeah I also make lists for that

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
No, I typically don't. I keep most of the stuff I need to do in my head. If something is really important I will write it on a sticky note and place it in a prominent place. Otherwise my schedule is memorized.

I do take task-oriented notes though, for instance when I am researching something (like, for my job) I write down information that seems important but that I know I'll likely forget soon. Then I compile steps to complete the task and write them down. I also create packing lsits for vacation, yes.

I don't write lists like "must do dishes" "must iron shirts" "must wash face" or something and cross them off, as I do not see what purpsoe that could possibly serve. Usually if such tasks need doing the are obvious in your environment, no need to create an extra reminder for them.

T

ThatGirl

Rarely, I have found myself forgetting my "todo" list on my way to actually do shit. I keep a mental check list that haunts me if not completed.

dividend

MBTI Type
INTJ
I couldn't function without my palm pilot cell phone. Automatically recurring tasks for things like taking medication, packing lunches for work, sorting through my inbox. Set it and forget it reminders for things I need to research or check or purchase or schedule or act on. A weekly meal plan that evolves into a detailed grocery list and reminders to defrost stuff for the next day, along with running lists for specialty stores. School work broken down into daily tasks. Annual reminders like birthdays, anniversaries, changing the furnace filters, checking my credit report. Special checklists for upcoming vacations or large events.

I love being able to go to bed at night with a completely empty list. And rarely forgetting to do something. Of course this, combined with my incredibly detailed checkbook budget spreadsheet, have made more than one person call me anal retentive. But DBF, for one, stopped making fun of my penchant for hyper organization after the second or third time that I reminded him to go to an appointment or remember to do something. He has his own category in the task list, and his stuff its own color on the calendar.

YoungGun2112

MBTI Type
ENTP
I keep a to do list, because I've found I NEED TO. If I don't, I forget to take care of things in my life that need taken care of. In the absence of a list, I will go off and obsess over whatever random thing is on my mind that day and then look at the clock, and time has run out, nothing getting done. A list helps me to remember all of the different, and random, goals and ideas I have. And it keeps me focused. I know I am being productive if things on the list are disappearing (but, somehow I always manage to think of tons of more things to add).

Do I go through phases where I entirely forget about the list and it sits dormant on my desk for two months, forgotten about and ignored? Yes, that too.

Edit: Oh wait, this is for xNTJs. I am ENTP. Well, there is my answer anyway.

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
^Actually, I have found that some of the Ps I know do keep lists because they cannot otherwise get organized. Maybe for Js it's got more to do with the satisfaction of having visibly accomplished a task, and for Ps making lists arises out of the need to introduce some order / discipline into their daily lives.

Though I, as a J, do not keep written lists around to cross things off I have done, though in my head this still happens like "now you have done all the stuff you needed to do today and finally can relax".

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I post sticky notes so that I remember what I need to over the weekend. :)

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I would think xNTJs had a mental list of to do things each w/ a specific, but ever changing degree of importance attached.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I was just wondering if anyone keeps a well planned, and detailed To-Do list like me.
Not if I can help it-- I really, really hate tedium.

In work environments I've made lists, to make extra-sure tasks are completed in a timely fashion, and to avoid looking like an idiot. Spontaneity reigns in freetime!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yep, got a spreadsheet with movies to watch, books to read, tv series to watch, to do list, albums to listen to, people who own me money/i owe money too (VERY IMPORTANT). I need it I have bad memory sometimes. I agree I love scratching off tasks however my lists seem to grow so fast I have never finished a list. !! When typing this I realised I can cross something off a random list lying around I feel a bit empty though. On the same list is learn about linux ffs that's never gonna happen :steam:

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Yep, got a spreadsheet with movies to watch, books to read, tv series to watch, to do list, albums to listen to, people who own me money/i owe money too (VERY IMPORTANT). I need it I have bad memory sometimes. I agree I love scratching off tasks however my lists seem to grow so fast I have never finished a list. !! When typing this I realised I can cross something off a random list lying around I feel a bit empty though. On the same list is learn about linux ffs that's never gonna happen :steam:

I suggest you throw all the lists in the trash right now, format your hard-drive and install some Linux. You're gonna learn what you need to know about it that way in no time at all.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do, though I wouldn't call it "detailed". It's more of a collection of short reminders.

Lark

I do indeed, dozens of them, work, life and sometimes they are detailed and sometimes they are reminders, I've even started to try and get into even greater planning, like having the year ahead plotted out. Everyone says that spontaneity is the thing and sure its fun but its also easy, I'm a great improviser and like to rely on that skill set sometimes but I'm more comfortable with the other.

ControlY

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

Using a spreadsheet to do all that is pretty hilarious. I tried formatting a resume using Excel once. Not twice, I might add.

In general, a to-do list: Essential

Sometimes, however, I have no to-do list, because when I make a list, I just slice through it and get everything done. It doesn't take very long.