• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] xNTJ's, Do you also keep a To-Do List?

F

figsfiggyfigs

Hey Guys.

I was just wondering if anyone keeps a well planned, and detailed To-Do list like me.

I have an obsession with keeping mine, there is nothing better than the feeling of small accomplishment you get scratching off a mundane task on the list.Sometimes, it may not be so mundane.:happy0065:

It's really frustrating when you can't scratch a task off for a long time. :steam:

I keep 3 different notepads,

1 for To-do, 1 for random ideas that I need to remember or consider later on, and one for things I need/or contemplate at the time. :devil:

I started making To-do lists 2 years ago, after I began to realize how useful and handy they are, esp for people with bad memories like me. :D

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
No. I prefer to keep my plans open and flexible, so as to allow for adjustments. The closest I get is a mental list of things and a relative scale of importance.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I make to-do lists because the process of making the list is enjoyable. But then I never look at the list again. Being a P rocks!

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
Yes, I do it for thing that are necessary such as every day tasks and school work. I like a loose schedule with down time. I don't like every minute of time planned out.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't understand why you guys don't do this mentally. I just have a whiteboard, and it's horrifically out of date.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yup. I'm a huge fan of lists and I have a hard time getting through my week without my calendar. I enjoy writing them, planing my days, and crossing them off when I've completed them. I have all sorts of lists, long-term, short-term, sometimes detailed, sometimes just a "vision". I have lists for just about everything, I think. Helps me make my thoughts more tangible and I won't have to worry about forgetting anything. When I have a clear view of what I need to accomplish, I can arrange them in a good order so that my days become more efficient. It really is a beautiful system.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I do, but the list is a back up in case I forget something.

:laugh: I figure if it's that important it will come back to me at an opportune time. It's interesting how much you guys love the whole "crossing it off" thing. When I complete something I'm almost bummed. The ride is over :(

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:laugh: I figure if it's that important it will come back to me at an opportune time. It's interesting how much you guys love the whole "crossing it off" thing. When I complete something I'm almost bummed. The ride is over :(

What ride are you talking about? What if it was boring work that you were crossing off?

--

I tried very hard to keep lists. Missing them however made me give up on the list. Imperfection lessens motivation basically.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Uh I have like 14 lists i keep on my desktop for various different purposes. But yeah.. its only to organize shit in my mind and keep track of everything, I don't really do most of my to-do list. Then again it's excessive to begin with.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I NEVER do. I don't need a list, my memory is good enough: if I have to do something, I'll do it.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Gosh I'm jealous of people who can remember so well.

I always have to keep a list, or else i will forget something. no matter how small it is. I like knowing I won't forget it no matter what.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to make traditional to-do lists all the time, but as I find that my brain keeps on rejecting it, I shoot for very loose-based scheduling. I rely a lot on calendars and final deadlines, though everything else is up in the air until it happens. So I'll have an idea of what I'd want to do that week, but not that day. I organize things by priority & effort, which makes it easier to divert my attention to lesser activities without getting behind in schedule.

I don't understand why you guys don't do this mentally. I just have a whiteboard, and it's horrifically out of date.

Unfortunately, my mind is too chaotic for that. I organize the hell out of my environment because it's the only way I can shape my thoughts into something understandable.

tornadoDM3030d_468x312.jpg

F

FigerPuppet

That's cause you dont do anything.

No, it's because I'm too lazy to keep a physical to-do list. I have faith (usually too much) in my mental to-do list.

And I'm paralyzed from the ears down.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Yes! I have even my internet browser bookmarks planned! I have a blackboard where I write things that i have to remember. I do shopping lists. I don't have a planner though, because I haven't found any that I really like.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I get stressed out and overwhelmed by detail when I overuse calendars and to-do lists...I mostly just write the important things on scraps of paper...they accumulate all over the place. And I use Rainlendar for appointments etc. It's an organic approach. And I do rely on my mind a lot to direct it all.

I don't really get satisfaction out of completing lists.

I used to make traditional to-do lists all the time, but as I find that my brain keeps on rejecting it, I shoot for very loose-based scheduling. I rely a lot on calendars and final deadlines, though everything else is up in the air until it happens. So I'll have an idea of what I'd want to do that week, but not that day.

Yeah, this.