User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

^Actually, I have found that some of the Ps I know do keep lists because they cannot otherwise get organized. Maybe for Js it's got more to do with the satisfaction of having visibly accomplished a task, and for Ps making lists arises out of the need to introduce some order / discipline into their daily lives.

Though I, as a J, do not keep written lists around to cross things off I have done, though in my head this still happens like "now you have done all the stuff you needed to do today and finally can relax".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

I post sticky notes so that I remember what I need to over the weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

MBTI
    ISTP

I would think xNTJs had a mental list of to do things each w/ a specific, but ever changing degree of importance attached.

Banned

Sticky notes are important but the real plans (1 year +) are kept in my head.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I was just wondering if anyone keeps a well planned, and detailed To-Do list like me.
    Not if I can help it-- I really, really hate tedium.

In work environments I've made lists, to make extra-sure tasks are completed in a timely fashion, and to avoid looking like an idiot. Spontaneity reigns in freetime!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yep, got a spreadsheet with movies to watch, books to read, tv series to watch, to do list, albums to listen to, people who own me money/i owe money too (VERY IMPORTANT). I need it I have bad memory sometimes. I agree I love scratching off tasks however my lists seem to grow so fast I have never finished a list. !! When typing this I realised I can cross something off a random list lying around I feel a bit empty though. On the same list is learn about linux ffs that's never gonna happen :steam:

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by 6.4 View Post
    Yep, got a spreadsheet with movies to watch, books to read, tv series to watch, to do list, albums to listen to, people who own me money/i owe money too (VERY IMPORTANT). I need it I have bad memory sometimes. I agree I love scratching off tasks however my lists seem to grow so fast I have never finished a list. !! When typing this I realised I can cross something off a random list lying around I feel a bit empty though. On the same list is learn about linux ffs that's never gonna happen :steam:
    I suggest you throw all the lists in the trash right now, format your hard-drive and install some Linux. You're gonna learn what you need to know about it that way in no time at all.

I do, though I wouldn't call it "detailed". It's more of a collection of short reminders.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I do indeed, dozens of them, work, life and sometimes they are detailed and sometimes they are reminders, I've even started to try and get into even greater planning, like having the year ahead plotted out. Everyone says that spontaneity is the thing and sure its fun but its also easy, I'm a great improviser and like to rely on that skill set sometimes but I'm more comfortable with the other.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by 6.4 View Post
    Using a spreadsheet to do all that is pretty hilarious. I tried formatting a resume using Excel once. Not twice, I might add.

In general, a to-do list: Essential

Sometimes, however, I have no to-do list, because when I make a list, I just slice through it and get everything done. It doesn't take very long.