User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Oddly Refined View Post
    I do, but the list is a back up in case I forget something.
    Right. And I will because I have a lot of stuff to remember.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Lots of other lists but no to-do list, if itís not worth remembering itís not worth doing.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy22 View Post
    Lots of other lists but no to-do list, if itís not worth remembering itís not worth doing.
    you, sir. think with your pness.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    you, sir. think with your pness.
    LOL. great reply!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

No, I very rarely make explicit to-do lists.

When I'm packing for a trip, I do sometimes make a list of what I need to bring, which I guess could be viewed as a form of to-do (pack this, bring that, do x before you leave...). Actually, I'm not like this for anything else, but I have real problems with vacation packing. I've forgotten little things like toothbrush or comb, but I also forgot to bring dress shoes to my cousin's wedding. I once went on a trip and neglected to pack any underwear. Last year I forgot to pack any shirts for my family reunion. I don't do this for anything except packing -- the lists or the forgetting.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    No, I very rarely make explicit to-do lists.

When I'm packing for a trip, I do sometimes make a list of what I need to bring, which I guess could be viewed as a form of to-do (pack this, bring that, do x before you leave...). Actually, I'm not like this for anything else, but I have real problems with vacation packing. I've forgotten little things like toothbrush or comb, but I also forgot to bring dress shoes to my cousin's wedding. I once went on a trip and neglected to pack any underwear. Last year I forgot to pack any shirts for my family reunion. I don't do this for anything except packing -- the lists or the forgetting.
    Ahah yeah I also make lists for that
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

No, I typically don't. I keep most of the stuff I need to do in my head. If something is really important I will write it on a sticky note and place it in a prominent place. Otherwise my schedule is memorized.

I do take task-oriented notes though, for instance when I am researching something (like, for my job) I write down information that seems important but that I know I'll likely forget soon. Then I compile steps to complete the task and write them down. I also create packing lsits for vacation, yes.

I don't write lists like "must do dishes" "must iron shirts" "must wash face" or something and cross them off, as I do not see what purpsoe that could possibly serve. Usually if such tasks need doing the are obvious in your environment, no need to create an extra reminder for them.

ThatGirl

Rarely, I have found myself forgetting my "todo" list on my way to actually do shit. I keep a mental check list that haunts me if not completed.

MBTI
    INTJ

I couldn't function without my palm pilot cell phone. Automatically recurring tasks for things like taking medication, packing lunches for work, sorting through my inbox. Set it and forget it reminders for things I need to research or check or purchase or schedule or act on. A weekly meal plan that evolves into a detailed grocery list and reminders to defrost stuff for the next day, along with running lists for specialty stores. School work broken down into daily tasks. Annual reminders like birthdays, anniversaries, changing the furnace filters, checking my credit report. Special checklists for upcoming vacations or large events.

I love being able to go to bed at night with a completely empty list. And rarely forgetting to do something. Of course this, combined with my incredibly detailed checkbook budget spreadsheet, have made more than one person call me anal retentive. But DBF, for one, stopped making fun of my penchant for hyper organization after the second or third time that I reminded him to go to an appointment or remember to do something. He has his own category in the task list, and his stuff its own color on the calendar.

MBTI
    ENTP

I keep a to do list, because I've found I NEED TO. If I don't, I forget to take care of things in my life that need taken care of. In the absence of a list, I will go off and obsess over whatever random thing is on my mind that day and then look at the clock, and time has run out, nothing getting done. A list helps me to remember all of the different, and random, goals and ideas I have. And it keeps me focused. I know I am being productive if things on the list are disappearing (but, somehow I always manage to think of tons of more things to add).

Do I go through phases where I entirely forget about the list and it sits dormant on my desk for two months, forgotten about and ignored? Yes, that too.

Edit: Oh wait, this is for xNTJs. I am ENTP. Well, there is my answer anyway.