• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP/INTJ Vulcans??!!

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Oh men!
In few months, two semi-friends of mine (who don't know each others) said me I am a Star Trek's Vulcan. The funny things is that generally people interpret it as a sort of insult, while I am almost happy to hear that.

So, I always struggle between being INTJ or INTP (another vulcan could be an ISTJ, but I am pretty sure I am not istj), and I'd like to know...

Is it more an INTP who can be perceived as Vulcan or is it more of INTJ in your opinion?
Has anyone said that to you?

Thanks, bye.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Spock is an INTP. But I'd say it's an INTJ species.

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
Fascinating captain, logical too.

I noticed the similarity between Vulcans and my own personality type myself. They were my role models growing up.

(Fascinating captain)

This is the first time I’ve heard of someone defacing Vulcans. Where they not star trek fans? Were they SFP’?

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
No INTx would adhere so rigidly to regulation. The Vulcan characters were ISTJs.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
INTJ - I have an INTJ friend who enjoys being called robotic or vulcan. They value it as showing a grasp of logic.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I think INTJs tend to behave more Vulcan because INTPs tend to go beyond "what the Vulcan Science Academy has determined" with their Ne. :D

btw, JAVO = Just Another Vulcan Observer

Live long and prosper.

Begoner

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, people have said that to me. However, in general, people do not know the finer points of Vulcan psychology; in calling you Vulcan, they probably only mean that you are hyper-logical and unemotional, which are traits that apply equally to INTPs and INTJs.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The INTJ use of logic could be construed as Vulcan, who in my opinion are ISTJ’s.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Nah they're more like Tribbles.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
...and I suppose that makes INFP/INFJs Romulans?

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
However, in general, people do not know the finer points of Vulcan psychology; in calling you Vulcan, they probably only mean that you are hyper-logical and unemotional, which are traits that apply equally to INTPs and INTJs.

Yes, I think you are right. People are often superficial.
Thank you to all.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can see us NTs relating to Vulcans/Vulcan hybrids with their scientific based culture, rejecting emotion for logic. Pursuing new scientific discovery and innovation over all else. Vulcans have quite strong emotions but they repress them because they don't want to be like their savage ancestors. This is what separates them from their not-too-distant cousins the Romulans. (Though in the end, all humanoid species in the world of Trek have some common ancestor.)

My mom has referred to me as Spockain before, but that is partially based on where my interests lie. xD Something with Spock's not quite grasping social norms and his ways of going about things is relatable.

Data from TNG too, though he's an android.

Though Spock, the most famous Vulcan/human hybrid is ISTJ 5w6 513 sp/so tritype I believe.