• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] I Have This Fear Of...

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Appearing self-righteous for even attempting to write a thread like this, but something much more devilish is at work within me right now. First of all I would like to get out of the way some expectations that I feel may come about by doing this. I will list them now.

1. I expect this thread (if it works out) to be tainted very quickly, more based on intuition than anything.
2. Please disregard any irony that the title and leading sentence brings to what this thread is actually about.
3. I understand the impossibility of this threads purpose, but I figure it'd be funny enough to try out.

This leads me to the point of this note. I just read about 27 pages (as much as I could actually maintain concentration for) of a note about ways Intp's should attempt at dating and I find it funny how we as humans cannot sound as if we are judging someones thoughts, even if it is unintentional. As for this thread. I'm obviously starting out with a judgement. (By the way this thread isn't a question, just a thought) First of all in the aforementioned thread I would like to state my opinion. I feel comfortable stating it here because I doubt most will read this far into it.

Dating is fun... I imagine (this isn't starting off very well for me), and I'm sure sex is as well, but to dwell so much upon it in my opinion just isn't the best approach. I really shouldn't be allowed to speak on this, but my arrogance won't allow me to shut-up. I do wish to have a girlfriend, and have failed. I understand why and well, I may be this way for a while, but this is my own doing. I'm just rambling now, but I digest (meant to be spelled that way, Family Guy reference.) Perhaps this is my defence for not having a girlfriend (If not this entire thread). I don't find dating useless, building connections is amazing, but to assume that something is going to be physical (Not only do I have an issue with being physical in a relationship, but I can't even imagine asking, or insenuating something physical in a relationship... unless they wish it) seems absurd, and personally slightly selfish. I just judged. See, it isn't possible... so I accept it.

There are those who only wish for the physicality, and some emotionality and others mentality. A preference is a preference and cannot be anything other than that (I just find this funny that the only reason for speech these days is for spouting opinions and I wonder how much talking would be reduced if it couldn't be used for such... oh, and sorry for all of the parentheticals). And so to each their own. Bickering not only appears childish, but the odds of you converting someone to your way of thinking is slim to none, if any to begin with and I so I would like to announce the new system of speaking. After every opinion we start saying "To each their own.", yes? That is all.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
Most of the bickering around here is opinions traded back and forth, which is why my most hated comment on messageboards is "well, that's YOUR opinion"... as if I was guilty of masquerading it as fact. You may imply your last statement after anything I write, I have no converts to make.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
People arguing on the internet...?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Say it ain't so.

11h4hnd.jpg

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I wish it could be implied, but I suppose I see the difficulty as most taking others too seriously. I don't know. Who am I to think I can stop such a thing as this. :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like bickering because it kills time and occasionally leads to insight.

That said, yeah, it's absurd how often subjectivity is treated like objectivity.

Not to mention the loss of context, tone, obviousness of sarcasm, jokes and irony to some, but not to others. The miscomminucations and such.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I will admit, when interested in the topic and discussion, I greatly enjoy throwing my intellectual weight around.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

That's why I'm usually a face to face kind of person, but quite obviously this cannot be done on forums such as this.

Eh, my irritation has quickly become indifference.

I'm glad others understand though.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I will admit, when interested in the topic and discussion, I greatly enjoy throwing my intellectual weight around.

Which is fine. I would rather have the truth and deal with my opinions getting shot to the ground, than nothing at all, but I just think at times issues that weren't suppose to be serious often are and it hardly leads anywhere good.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is just my approach, but the way I see it, you only have enough power to ensure that you don't take your own self too seriously. On the other hand, if someone else takes you too seriously, well that seems like something that's within their power to fix.

This is a bit off subject, but in regards to the internet, I see a lot of misunderstandings and arguments start off simply because we can't read tone or body language very well in just text. And those are two obscenely important factors of human communication.

Edit: And you already acknowledged my second point while I was typing. :D

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Very good point. I have to remind myself not to get serious as well as tell myself I can't change others ways of thinking constantly. Otherwise I get way too dramatic, but we all have our downfalls.