• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] P vs J , which type has more patience?

Which type has more patience?

• P

Votes: 40 85.1%
  • J

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not Te doms!

/painful memories

ETA: Any reason this is in the NT section? You're asking everyone right?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Introverts are more patient...

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I depends on the situation tbh. I know loads of times where i'm bouncing off the wall waiting on a mate to turn up while a J friends is content just to sit there waiting on the.

On the other hand in work If someone says i'll get that to you sometime this week I'm happy to wait till next monday before asking where it is (they said this week after all it could come in on firday evening and its still on time no point nagging). Where as my J boss will be on the phone daily asking for updates!

I don't think there is one group momre patient than others. It varies by situation.

Illict91

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
P's by far - P is for Patient :)

You'd be dense to think J's are generally patient compared to P's.

It is evident in strongly-expressing types, those with a large J such as myself want decisions finalised, items planned in advance etc. etc. uptight crap.

Those with a strong P can certainly improvise in the last minute with little tension placed on anyone.

But then it depends on what sort of "patience" you are trying to describe.
I know many Ti-dominants who become impatient with slower-thinking folks, Se-dominants who want to work at their own comfortable pace with little patience for others intervention.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Depends on whot yeu're being "patient" with...

A P is more likely to be patient with someone who has a different perspective than they do.

A J is more likely to be patient with just waiting longer for something.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
A lot of the addictive personalities I've known were strong Ps. Poor impulse control. But with non-hedonistic things, can be completely zen.

Js, when they're working within their own system, are patient. But off their own turf, they crumble easier and get anxious. So they probably get more severely impatient than Ps, who experience it more fleetingly.

Hmmmm so overall.... P stands for patience. But it's not that clear cut.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well Js, how patient are you when dealing with setbacks, failures and obstacles that is blocking you from reaching your goal?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EDIT: I've come to realise that patience may or may not be a trait of mine depending on the perception of someone else.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
^Definitely not true.

Do you think you are patient. what other people think of you does not matter.

You'd be dense to think J's are generally patient compared to P's.

It is evident in strongly-expressing types, those with a large J such as myself want decisions finalised, items planned in advance etc. etc. uptight crap.

Those with a strong P can certainly improvise in the last minute with little tension placed on anyone.

But then it depends on what sort of "patience" you are trying to describe.
I know many Ti-dominants who become impatient with slower-thinking folks, Se-dominants who want to work at their own comfortable pace with little patience for others intervention.

How many types of patience are there?
Patience is just patience, like waiting things to go your way without feeling frustrated and feel the impulse to interefere.

Kind of like fishing, and waiting for the fish to catch the bait.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think either type has patience on lock. I think P's may give a better appearance of patience, since deadlines may not mean much to them.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
P types are more interested in soaking in external information just for the sake of experiencing/learning. There doesn't need to be a reason for their inquiry and interests; the reason is in itself.

J types are typically more interested in experiencing/learning when the inquiry can foreseeably be applied to some end goal, rather than just for the novelty of soaking in new information.

That being said, P types can appear more patient because they are likely to be able to value (and thus enjoy) something within (what a J would consider to be) an "insignificant" moment/experience, thus giving off the appearance of "going with the flow". J types, on the other hand, are driven by an end goal, so if their actions/experiences cannot be applied to this end goal, they get antsy and want to escape this "insignificant" experience to move onto something more useful, thus appearing impatient.

On the other hand, P types (especially EPs) are more likely to become increasingly jaded with their external environment, and they thus desire novel experiences to offer them with another interesting stimulus. Thus, they may appear/become impatient with (what a P considers to be) menial tasks, because, unlike J types, the fact that a "menial" task can be applied to a certain end goal doesn't affect or enhance their level of enjoyment with the task.

J types are impatient with roadblocks to achievement.

P types are impatient with roadbocks to novel experiences.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
To be honest, it's more likely that others will lose their patience with me before I do with them. I'm relentless if I value the objective enough. That's definitely a double-edged sword though.

Edit: That's obviously on a social level though. I'm usually quick to identify if something is a waste of time in most other matters though.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
depends. open viewpoint, patient with people...Ps

patient for satisfying their own compulsions (whatever those might be)...Js

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Generally, I am extremely patient. Infinitaly patient I could say.

But not when there's something I want, something I know I can get, but external factors are prohibiting me unjustly. Then I loose my patience.